Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2006, 01:13   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

i dont think thats possible in near future,the next engine that ford will have to concentrate is the 1.6tdci as the competion is getting tougher will verna with 100+bhp diesel and fabia waiting to conquer the market.
Old 21st February 2007, 17:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Fiesta 1.4 petrol ZXI Launched !!

New model of Ford Fiesta launched-Business Live-News-The Economic Times
Old 21st February 2007, 18:16   #18
BHPian

You can even customize the car,the way you want it online.
check out..
http://fiesta_in.in.pls.carscomplete...o?trfcSrc=Ford
Old 21st February 2007, 19:45   #19
BHPian

Hey guys, there might be some truth in all this, refer to the article below it clearly says Ford wants to bring in 6 new variants of Fiesta. The source is ET.

Chennai: Ford India on Wednesday launched a new model of the Fiesta ---the 1.4 litre petrol ZXI version, one of the six planned by the company.
Launching the car, Ford India Vice President, marketing, Sales and Service, Scott McCormack, told reporters that the model was ideally suited for city driving. The company plans to introduce the car in three petrol versions and three in diesel.
"The model, specific to Indian road conditions, has been developed after feedback from customers," he said.
Coming from the company's award winning Fiesta lineup, the new model is expected to increase sales during the coming fiscal.
"Of the 42,000 cars sold last year, Fiesta's share was over 17 per cent. With the introduction of the new model, the sales are likely to go up," he said.
The new model would feature either a 1.4 petrol 16V DOHC engine or 1.48 V SOHC TDCI engine, full chrome surround twin headlamps, front fog lamps and front map reading lights, rear reading lights and glove box lamp. The car would cost Rs 6.30 lakh ex-showroom in Chennai, he said.
Old 21st February 2007, 20:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know how far is 1.6 TDCi from being launched, however with the pathetic after sales service they provide who cares!
Old 22nd February 2007, 01:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

How about plonking the 1.6 TDCi in the Fiesta and the Focus? The 1.4 TDCi could do the business in the Fiesta hatch and it wouldnt be too difficult to source a 1.2 petrol from the Ford Europe stable.

The success of the Fiesta is a great platform for Ford to launch other models, provided they revamp their perceived (pathetic) A.S.S image.
Old 22nd February 2007, 08:28   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Here's the link from Hindu.

The Hindu : Business : Ford rolls out new Fiesta. - Fiesta 1.4 Zxi (Petrol) launched at 6.30 L - x-showroom,chennai.
Old 22nd February 2007, 11:43   #23
BHPian

See that screenshot for fun! The link is all about customizing your fiesta. When I select the 1.6 SXI model all the features are mentioned as "included". When I look into other options and select a different audio it simply says the model will be now ZXI!

Do it for yourself. I find it very funny.

This is the URL:

http://fiesta_in.in.pls.carscomplete...onfig_Interior

Yes and the color that I selected is moon dust silver. It looks like Grey.

Last edited by LandCruiser : 22nd February 2007 at 11:44.
Old 22nd February 2007, 13:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

What happened to the Fiesta 1.6 ZXi? The website doesnt mention it.

Wasnt that priced at 6.3L ex-showroom too?!! Whats cooking?
Old 22nd February 2007, 13:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

As per ACI December 2006 issue, Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Sxi is priced at Rs. 9.28 L OTR Mumbai!

How are they going to price the 1.6 TDCi if they do launch it. If Ford launches the Fiesta 1.6 TDCi and solves that bonnet gap, I'd love to buy it. But the 1.4 d at 9.28L, I don't know what Ford is upto.
Old 22nd February 2007, 19:52   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
As per ACI December 2006 issue, Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Sxi is priced at Rs. 9.28 L OTR Mumbai!

How are they going to price the 1.6 TDCi if they do launch it. If Ford launches the Fiesta 1.6 TDCi and solves that bonnet gap, I'd love to buy it. But the 1.4 d at 9.28L, I don't know what Ford is upto.
That price is too much considering the size of the engine and size of the car. Make hay while sunshines for ford! Not for the customers! Verna has failed to give tough competition! So..
Old 22nd February 2007, 23:07   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
That price is too much considering the size of the engine and size of the car. Make hay while sunshines for ford! Not for the customers! Verna has failed to give tough competition! So..
Verna has not failed to provide tough competition. Let Hyundai sort out the over-capacity issue they have with the Verna (search a separate thread on this). The 1.4 dURATORQ just goes but fails to drive. It even feels slower than an Indica Turbo (let alone the Sift 1.3 DDis). Another few months and Ford will be on its knees to sell the Fiesta (cos the New Baleno too is making an entry, although we do not know the pricing or engine details as yet for sure)
Old 23rd February 2007, 01:09   #28
nbr
BHPian

Frankly speaking, i feel the base version of FIESTA looks better than top end variants. I am talking about the front grill without any crome strips.
Old 23rd February 2007, 10:34   #29
BHPian

The 1.4 DuraTorq was not meant to out run any of the cars, which you mentioned. Its meant to provide the driver with a decent driving experience with reasonable mileage for a vehicle of its size. If you are looking for performance, try the 1.6 petrol. Drive it once, and the next time you are at a signal, you will get goose bumps just thinking what you can do with the car when the lights turn green.
Old 23rd February 2007, 23:51   #30
Senior - BHPian

Lets not confuse diesel performance with Petrol ones. performance on a petrol is watching the rpm climb way up the rev band. For diesel its mostly enjoying the torque. Both are enjoyable in their own right. For example I would enjoy going upto 6000 rpm in every gear on my Ikon 1.6 (the feeling of which the Fiesta 1.6 can never match although it is a wee bit faster to the ton). But on a CRDI engine it is mainly riding the torque wave, watching the tacho/speedo do wonders between 2-4k.

And FYI, for all practical purposes suppose one is cruising in traffic at 70 and suddenly a gap opens up, how many times would one be tempted to drop down to second and speed off, thats wherein the new age Diesels like the one in the Swift DDis comes to rule, simply press the accelerator, whether you are in 4th or 5th, within no time one will be saying bye bye to the aforementioned goosebump cars driven in 4-5th gear at measly rpms by people who would perhaps just think of dropping down 2 gears but won't practically.

Verdict, Fiesta diesel needs to pack more performance to seriously appeal to individual car owners who would appreciate performance as well as the economics of the diesel car.

Last edited by 1100D : 23rd February 2007 at 23:52.

Most Viewed