Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2012, 15:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: TATA Vista Quadrajet 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
On the other hand, Tata should seriously let go of the least selling engines. Reminds me of a post I made not so long ago:
I had that post of yours while starting this thread that is why I started with "yet another variant".
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Tata introduced yet another variant in Vista range .....
I think they can select the top 2 selling variants and focus their energies on selling and improving only those two instead of figuring out their next variant launch.
Old 8th December 2012, 17:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

Any idea if the dashboard comes in Beige/Black or Plum/Black? Tried opening the official site for Vista (their so called Low bandwidth version) and it is still loading in the next tab!

If I was genuinely interested in the new variant, this has killed half my enthusiasm seeing the quality of their official website at a time when they launched a new variant. Then again, I'm sure the web administrators would have seen a lot of such variants to actually be bothered with yet another launch. Do they really care?
Old 8th December 2012, 18:53   #18
MHG
BHPian

Does the Vista really have dynamics that go with suiting a spirited engine like this ? Isn't it equipped with a soft suspension that has a high amount of body roll ? Or does it have a redesigned suspension to make it sporty to go with the engine ?
Old 8th December 2012, 19:00   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Any idea if the dashboard comes in Beige/Black or Plum/Black? Tried opening the official site for Vista (their so called Low bandwidth version) and it is still loading in the next tab!

If I was genuinely interested in the new variant, this has killed half my enthusiasm seeing the quality of their official website at a time when they launched a new variant. Then again, I'm sure the web administrators would have seen a lot of such variants to actually be bothered with yet another launch. Do they really care?
Beige Black dashboard.
Looks decent.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2012, 19:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

I see this as a pointless exercise. Even MUL have resisted from doing this in the Swift which has all the brand/chassis attributes to take up a more powerful engine. This is an unnessary diversion of energies.
Old 8th December 2012, 21:04   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHG View Post
Does the Vista really have dynamics that go with suiting a spirited engine like this ? Isn't it equipped with a soft suspension that has a high amount of body roll ? Or does it have a redesigned suspension to make it sporty to go with the engine ?
Based on my experience with the Punto 90hp, the engine is not as drastically different from the 75hp version as the 15hp difference suggests. Yes, there is a nice differences once the turbo is in full song, but you wouldn't be doing that in a diesel car 90% of the time.

I'm not suggesting Vista has the required dynamics to make it a sporty proposition though. Its just not an enthusiast's car, for sure.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2012, 23:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

It is truly commendable to watch Tata Motors trying and taking all the possible steps to win over more customers unlike other makers who are waiting for miracles to happen. Tata is trying to not give any of its prospective customers a reason to look else where and that is something really worth a mention.
People said the 1.2L wasn't powerful enough, Tata brought is the safire90.
People said the interiors weren't up to the mark, Tata introduced the dual tone interior.
People said that the dashboard doesn't appeal to them, they fitted the more conventional Manza's style dash.

It seems like every feedback is taken seriously and worked upon continuously. Way to go TATA. However, now people will need to find a new reason to reject the Vista from their next purchase list. SIGH!!
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2012, 23:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
It is truly commendable to watch Tata Motors trying and taking all the possible steps to win over more customers unlike other makers who are waiting for miracles to happen. Tata is trying to not give any of its prospective customers a reason to look else where and that is something really worth a mention.
People said the 1.2L wasn't powerful enough, Tata brought is the safire90.
People said the interiors weren't up to the mark, Tata introduced the dual tone interior.
People said that the dashboard doesn't appeal to them, they fitted the more conventional Manza's style dash.

It seems like every feedback is taken seriously and worked upon continuously. Way to go TATA. However, now people will need to find a new reason to reject the Vista from their next purchase list. SIGH!!
That is precisely also the problem definition. I walk into a tata showroom and come back completely confused. I've all these cars that all look alike but aren't and the choice just keeps getting more confusing.
Besides even with a few focused products in the past, the service was nothing to write home about. And now with this list of variants and engine options, i wonder how they will fare.

Its like going out to buy an android phone. You are never sure which one to buy and its bloody hell difficult to keep yours updated and running. I wish Tata would go the apple way - few products, good quality, all treated equal. Of course the apple service sucks too so i hope tata improves on that!
Old 9th December 2012, 00:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

As per Tata Motors website, the Ex-Showroom (Mumbai) price of Vista QJD (75HP) ZX is 6.53L. As per the Autocar news, the 90HP pricing is 6.63L. Is it just 10k more for the 90HP version? Couldn't believe this. Also, I am not able to see any news or hint about QJD 90 launch on Tata Motors website. Actually there is no such news apart from Autocar. Did Tata Motors really launched QJD 90 in Vista and if so, what is the actual pricing?
Old 9th December 2012, 00:26   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

The thing that caught my attention in the whole launch article was the Manza dashboard. Many have walked away from the Vista for its centre mounted speedo console. Then a look at the pricing and I was forced to sit up and take note of.

But then as Ramesh has pointed, is it really 10k INR more than the existing Vista 75? Or are they planning a price cut on the existing range(if yes then its more than welcome)?

Vista is an ideal car for a sedate driver who needs space and comfort. With the Fiat engine, he won't stranded. The only thing plaguing is the niggling issues due to poor QC. If that is sorted out then I don't see why the car shouldn't be a success.
Old 9th December 2012, 17:30   #26
Senior - BHPian

Vista's dynamics dosen't support the 90 HP planted in to it.

From my observation , I haven't seen any of the vistas on road with a diesel tuning box planted in, So why more power?

IMHO 75 HP is much more than Vistas aerodynamics can bear with when the turbo kicks in.

Then comes the break, from my experience I don't think so even the ABS can't do much better since the dynamics dosen't seems to be thrust worthy from an enthusiasts point of view.

What I love in my current vista 75 is power,space,FE,GC and ofcourse the price and NO waiting period. Also resale value in taxi market.
Old 9th December 2012, 18:42   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

If we go for aftermarket suspension kits (bolt on), can't the dynamics to be taken care of? Shouldn't that make sure the ride quality is absorbent, yet reduced bodyroll?

In such a case, that could be a perfect combo for some additional money, for those who want it. And I believe the 90 bhp will have better driveability due to VGT. Has no one got a TD yet?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 9th December 2012 at 18:43.
Old 9th December 2012, 19:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If we go for aftermarket suspension kits (bolt on), can't the dynamics to be taken care of? Shouldn't that make sure the ride quality is absorbent, yet reduced bodyroll?
A Tata insider tells me that the suspension and its associated bushes have been tweaked to handle the extra power. Also the brakes have been worked upon with the brake booster and tandem master cylinder calibrations getting a relook for greater stopping power and lesser pedal effort.

Also, the source says that the Vista 90 will be wearing 185 section rubber (MANZA's tyre size) compared to the 75Ps's 175 section tyres. That should further provide stable handling.

Waiting for a test drive opportunity to see how good the 90 QJD turns out to be.
arjab is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th December 2012, 20:45   #29
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
A Tata insider tells me that the suspension and its associated bushes have been tweaked to handle the extra power. Also the brakes have been worked upon with the brake booster and tandem master cylinder calibrations getting a relook for greater stopping power and lesser pedal effort.

Also, the source says that the Vista 90 will be wearing 185 section rubber (MANZA's tyre size) compared to the 75Ps's 175 section tyres.
That is great news, a superb move by TATA. This makes for an excellent value proposition.

An external micro sport kit would have been good to have. No need for a Remap now.

That said TATA should also have discontinued an equal number of varients as introduced by them each time.

Have seen them trim the Aria varient list in time wonder why they can't do the same with the Vista.
Old 9th December 2012, 21:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post

Also, the source says that the Vista 90 will be wearing 185 section rubber (MANZA's tyre size) compared to the 75Ps's 175 section tyres. That should further provide stable handling.

Waiting for a test drive opportunity to see how good the 90 QJD turns out to be.
Great move by Tata if this is true, but somehow hard to believe they would be able to manage it with a 10-20k price hike. If we are looking at a much steeper hike, thats a different story!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks