Team-BHP - Maruti Launches A-Star Aktiv (limited ed with extra fittings)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Launches A-Star Aktiv (limited ed with extra fittings) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/130058-maruti-launches-star-aktiv-limited-ed-extra-fittings.html)

Link to news article
Quote:

In an attempt to bring vibrancy and excitement to the slow moving auto market, Maruti Suzuki India Limited has introduced a limited edition of the A-Star, christened as A-Star Aktiv. The limited edition A-Star Aktiv is available in Vxi and Vxi AT variants. The A-star, which primarily targets the youth, has been launched in this limited edition attractive new avatar to entice its young customers. The A-Star Aktiv is packed with new features and is set to offer its customers comfort, style & utility that will complement their personalities.
On the exteriors, the A-Star Aktiv sports both Side Body Graphics, Front, Rear and Roof Graphics, A-Star Aktiv Logo, Red ORVM, Red Spoiler, Red Bumper, Bold Back out film on B-Pillar and Bright Red Fog Lampover plate. In the cabin area, the A-Star Aktiv is adorned with new stylish seat covers, steering wheel cover, floor mats, handy rear parcel tray, door sill guard and a keyless security system. It will be powered by a light weight, 1.0-litre K10B petrol engine with an ARAI specified mileage of 19.0kmpl.
The 14 new features on the A-star Atkiv have been valued at an attaractive Rs 14,990. Explaining the outlook on A-star Atkiv, Manohar Bhat, Vice President (Marketing) Maruti Suzuki India Limited said , “A-Star is one of the most vibrant brands in our product portfolio. Some of its high points such as contemporary styling, dynamic handling and ride quality, best in class turning radius, power, flat torque and superior performance has made A-star a popular choice especially amidst the youth. The stylish modifications in the A-Star Aktiv are in line with our plans to offer our young and energetic customers a sleeker, more stylish and feature packed A-Star. We are confident that this special edition will bring pride to the select owners who get to possess it.”
Copyright of pictures to the source

Excessive use of stickers and colors. I don't like it. Perhaps, the only thing could be black door sills and colored mirrors.

Total un-artistic.

Whats with our Indian car companies and their decal love for their car models not selling. Just put some decals, says its limited edition and try and sell.

Really stupid.

Cheers

Looks absolutely hideoud - only because of the red grille and the fog lamp inserts. They could have provided a more sport mesh grille along with fog laps instead. A good set of alloys would have also done the job.

I dont understand why most Indian manufacturers think that a car would look sporty and upmarket - just by adding a few jazzy stickers / raching stripes and by unnecessarily painting parts in wierd colors.

Don’t see anything new in the interior or exterior which can beat things easily achievable in the aftermarket arena. As far as the youth is concerned, I have seen them now picking trim variants and utilize the surplus budget to get the work done from the best car decors in town.

Seems like flogging the dead horse. Maruti Suzuki should be happy selling it overseas as Alto & (Nissan) Pixo, for the A-Star is not helping its reputation to a great extent.

The Active seems inspired from the Punto Special Editions with the nomenclature same as Base Punto's.

INR 15K for some graphics, keyless/ security system, etc seems overcharging for these accessories, which can be acquired at a lesser price in market.

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

This is one limited edition that I wish stays limited on the road. I do not like looks of the Astar normally, this is just like adding a cherry on the tasteless cake.

This is most probably an attempt at clearing the current stock of A-Stars with an apparent facelift around the corner.

I am referring to the facelift which I happened to see at http://www.autocarindia.com/News/323...--updated.aspx

Not even "a single star" for all the ugly graphics; wonder what is so "contemporary" about it. With monthly sales figures in 3 digits for a car from Maruti stable, this is truly a "limited edition".

MSIL is trying hard to push the sales of A-Star. First, they came up with the automatic version of this car and now, its a rechristened A-Star. They may not get the desired results. The car looks shabby with all this crayon work.

All the best MSIL.

Ah!! Maruti just made a hideous car look even more hideous. Maruti goes on introducing these limited edition models; does this really mean that they think Indian customers are easy to crack?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MYB (Post 2986507)
This is most probably an attempt at clearing the current stock of A-Stars with an apparent facelift around the corner.

It would have been easier to clear off the existing stock without these ugly graphics by offering a discount. It seems to me they would end up offering atleast a 30k discount to clear off this Aktiv lot in Jan which they claim to have spent an additional 15k on. Personally, I might be willing to pay an additional 15k just to get a model that looks normal.

When Maruti introduced Alto and WagonR limited editions a while ago with feature list that included mud flaps and air freshners, I thought I had seen enough but they've just improvised again!

Usually some of our actors shed their clothes partly (upto the censorship limits) when they are not in demand anymore.That's the proven and age old way to gain attention.:Shockked:
Similarly, the A Star has come in this "very attractive" and "catchy" avatar.
Maybe, it does a cabaret number or two at the malls, where displays are aplenty during launches and relaunches.:uncontrol

I almost jumped from my seat when I say this !!Red color OVRM's to go with a white color base paint.:Shockked: And then call it sporty. It is the upteenth time Maruti has done it. Previous horrors include : Wagon-R, Zen -Estilo and SX-4 ( The last one was on till last month with a 1 lac discount ) and many more I might have missed.

But this one beats every one hands down...:Frustrati