Team-BHP - Maruti launches a special Limited Edition of the Alto K-10, named "KnightRacer"
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti launches a special Limited Edition of the Alto K-10, named "KnightRacer" (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/130194-maruti-launches-special-limited-edition-alto-k-10-named-knightracer.html)

Maruti has launched yet another special Limited Edition model, this time of it's bestselling Alto K-10 car, named as KnightRacer.

This limited edition model is packed with 11 new additional features on the LXi variant, making it more stylish and dynamic, with an additional cost of Rs 13,490/-.

Maruti launches a special Limited Edition of the Alto K-10, named "KnightRacer"-silv.jpg

Exteriors - a rear end spoiler, trendy Knightracer body graphics, full wheel covers, body side mouldings and left side ORVM have been provided.

Interiors - new Knightracer fabric seat covers, rear parcel tray, steering wheel cover and a state-of-the-art JVC MP3 music system with USB.

Elaborating on the Alto K10 Knightracer, Mr. Manohar Bhat, Vice President (Marketing) Maruti Suzuki India Limited said,

Quote:

“The Maruti Suzuki Alto K10, since the day of its launch, found immense appreciation amongst the performance-driven and value-conscious young buyers who always strive to do more in less time .The Alto K10 Knightracer is a special limited edition that adds to the Alto K10’s appeal with an enhanced style quotient. We are confident that this special edition will bring pride to the select owners.”

SOURCE - Zee News

It's good, but don't think this will attract additional buyers. I look at this just as some optional OEM fitted accessories instead of aftermarket ones.

Why do this to a vehicle which is already selling as if for free? 13k would have been a decent amount to quote, had alloys been one amongst the rest of the features. What's with the graphics now? Maruti seems to have a fetish for these :p . Fortunately, better sense prevailed and they abstained from having ill looking colors for the wing mirrors as in the limited edition A-Star

That said, this car is really looking hot with those alloys as in the snapshot but, alas, "all accessories as shown in the picture may not be part of standard equipment" :)

The price difference between Alto LXi and VXi is somewhere in the same range as the additional price for this limited edition, which means the customer needs to choose between the additional features in VXi versus this accessories package.

Knightracer:
rear spoiler
body graphics
fabric seat covers
steering wheel cover
JVC MP3 music system with USB.

VXi:
fog lamps
front power windows
tachometer
central locking
key off reminder
fabric insert on door trims
accessory socket

Sorry, I don't see anyone in their right mind going for this variant over VXi

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalBuff (Post 2989766)
Fortunately, better sense prevailed and they abstained from having ill looking colors for the wing mirrors as in the limited edition A-Star

Yeah imagine red wing mirrors on this one as well!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalBuff (Post 2989766)
That said, this car is really looking hot with those alloys as in the snapshot but, alas, "all accessories as shown in the picture may not be part of standard equipment"

Yeah the alloys that Maruti forgot to add to their equipment list because they were falling over themselves to launch their next special edition.

However in all their haste, Maruti did remember to add the left OVRM. In their book, that alone makes it a special edition! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omtoatom (Post 2989873)
However in all their haste, Maruti did remember to add the left OVRM. In their book, that alone makes it a special edition! :D

lol: That was a good one. A left ORVM in a special edition. Thats some unique accessory added!

Whats with Maruti, it is topping the sales chart with some of their models, and with which, it doesn't, it adds some graphics and some accessories and puts a limited edition tag.

Not to forget, the RED orvm's on the A-star and a special mention for the ORVM on the K10.

IMO, if there should be a special edition, improve the power in any of the car and then name it as a special edition. Vinyls and graphics won't serve the need.

Do I see a graphic version of the SX4 or the GV coming? How would some cool graphics look on the Kizashi?

Quote:

Originally Posted by carzone (Post 2990172)
lol: That was a good one. A left ORVM in a special edition. Thats some unique accessory added!

You know how Maruti has been extremely stingy about putting a LHS OVRM on even some of their range topping cars. Esteem/Zen for instance during their heyday!

When we bought our Zen and the Esteem, I remember the SAs on both occasions trying to convince us about how Maruti had done us a humungous favor by putting one there.

Quote:

Do I see a graphic version of the SX4 or the GV coming? How would some cool graphics look on the Kizashi?

On the GV and Kizashi?? :Shockked:

They will be sell even more limited numbers! :D

Quote:

Haha. If you ask me, the way GV/ Kizashi have been promoted and priced, every sold copy IS a limited edition in itself as the numbers clearly suggest. lol: .

SX4 had a celebration edition not too long ago. Is that still being sold OR let me put it this way... Did they manage to sell all those pieces ? :p

Are the new stickers and spoiler aerodynamic letting you "race" faster? I don't see any mechanical features here that would qualify it to be a "racer". But given how some of the Alto drivers deck up their car with "racing" stickers, this might sell in some numbers too. Maruti knows its customer base too well!

Sadly no manufacturer in India thinks of a limited edition as a means to a better car (more power, better suspension, better brakes etc). They all look at a body kit and graphics. An even worse truth is that there are enough buyers for this to justify them doing it. I guess petrol heads are truly in a minority in India. Why oh why :((

The Maruti accessories sale is back!

I see this as a ploy to sell their accessories through their limited edition. I would have greatly appreciated this Limited Edition if it came with the much needed safety feature for this car - ABS.

I own this car and have done 10,000 kms in the last 7 months. The car revs freely to 120 or even 130 kmph without a fuss, but the brakes just don\'t support those speeds. You are god\'s mercy at anything beyond 80 KPMH. It would have been a laudable effort if Maruti launched this edition with ABS or atleast improved brakes, but they again chose to sell accessories in the guise of \'Limited Edition\'.

As per the link in New Car discounts thread, both versions of Alto K10 seem to be having

Cash Discount Rs 14,000 + Music System Rs 8,000 + Exchange Bonus Rs 15,000

Any idea if this offer is still available for Alto? If so, Alto K10 VXi with free Music system comes at the price of LXi. Where does this Alto LXi Knightracer fit in? :)

Wow! This comes across to me as a good news. Reason - I can now be almost sure that Maruti will come up with an upgraded version of K10 in a very near future. If it does, I will lap it up with both hands provided it comes as a capable product.

An airbag like the 800 has, would have done good. I know its a basic safety feature and not a special edition thing, but along with all of these features like spoiler, music system they should have provided an airbag too.

First the A-star and now the Alto K-10. What is Maruti upto ? if they think cosmetic changes with a 'Limited edition' tag can get the year end stock cleared or earn numbers then they are totally wrong.

Maruti, if you are reading this please come up with some 'meaty' upgrades like Alloy wheels, rear wash/wipe options for these limited editions. That should atleast get you some reasonable numbers.