Team-BHP - 2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/130511-2013-maruti-suzuki-sx4-facelift-spied.html)

Source - http://www.rushlane.com/maruti-suzuk...t-1256485.html

Changes spotted are mostly cosmetic - a revised front grille, headlamps, shorter boot and a new front bumper. The test mule was a VXI CNG variant.

Rest of the car is largely expected to be the same.

2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!-2013marutisuzukisx4faceliftcaughttesting3.jpg

2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!-2013marutisuzukisx4faceliftcaughttesting1.jpg

2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 facelift SPIED!-2013marutisuzukisx4faceliftcaughttesting4.jpg

Thanks to Yash Patel @ rushlane.com for the pictures.

(Mods, if a thread topic exists on the same, please merge the posts)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 2996841)
Source - http://www.rushlane.com/maruti-suzuk...t-1256485.html

Changes spotted are mostly cosmetic - a revised front grille, headlamps, shorter boot and a new front bumper. The test mule was a VXI CNG variant.

Rest of the car is largely expected to be the same.

This is exactly the chinese facelift. Another waste of a facelift, just like that of ritz and astar, imo.

What we need is a new car now. SX4 along with Ritz is most under rated car in the automotive market IMO. The car has everything going for it, a capable engine, low maintenance, good space, reasonable safety, etc.

The M16A available in SX4 develops 120 bhp in EU markets, MSIL should give this car atleast 115 bhp from the same engine, its possible. A small aesthetic update wont bring sales. The new grille looks like its borrowed from Toyota style book. Would look better IMO than current car. MSIL can use this opportunity to bring back those old chunky 5 spoke alloys which actually gave a nice tough man-ly character to SX4.

An aggressive marketing campaign highlighting positives of SX4 might be of help.

MSIL might even plan to come up with a small SUV on SX4's platform. Might give duster a tough time! BTW, an almost similar chinese update was mentioned somewhere.

Unless, Maruti has no serious intentions to resurrect the SX4 brand, it will continue with gimmicks like these minor facelifts.

SX4 was once known for it's handsome looks. No one has ever raised questions on it's reliability and performance however, the slump in it's sales is primarily for it's dated looks. They desperately need an altogether newly designed vehicle and then term it the SX4 to set the sales charts burning.

I, for some reason couldn't figure out any changes to the headlights. And what's with the "uncle" grill? Makes the car look very mature. Not that the exiting one doesn't but, this one just fires it up to another level lol:

That said, i would still prefer this version over the Ritz/ Swift like faces being stuck to every other vechicle that they launch.

The launch of facelift is due in somewhere in Jan 2013 and it will be also equipped with Navigation :-).

Anyday, SX4 is one the best cars in its segment. With the inclination of government sectors, we can surely more sales# for Sx4 in 2013.

What ? nooo... SX4 is too dated now for a cosmetic upgrade !!

Did SX4 have a CNG variant before ? this might just be a CNG variant launch!!

Current SX4 is decent in the looks department. what it needs is a modern interiors and functional bits that brings it on par with the likes of Verna and Vento etc.

Maruti has two options IMO:

1. Bring on a brand new car in place of SX4.
2. Reduce SX4 prices to slightly above Dzire. Currently SX4 ZDi costs 942816.83 in Bangalore and Dzire ZDi costs 751758.25. If they can slash SX4 price by at least a lakh, they might be able to pull some entry level sedan buyers. Ideally, for such a dated platform, 75K over Dzire is ideal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 2996876)
What ? nooo... SX4 is too dated now for a cosmetic upgrade !!

Did SX4 have a CNG variant before ? this might just be a CNG variant launch!!

Current SX4 is decent in the looks department. what it needs is a modern interiors and functional bits that brings it on par with the likes of Verna and Vento etc.

The CNG SX4 has been for sale in Delhi for a while so I do not think it the CNG specific upgrade. If it is a mid life upgrade that MSIL has done, it is shoddy at best. :Frustrati They could have atleast redone a part of the A pillar including the window sill.

The way I understand this news is that there is no plans from Maruti for any major upgrade to SX4 atleast in 2013. With DZire sporting a dashboard that is generataions ahead of SX4 and with a price tag of 2L less, even a strong Maruti supporter might still compromise for DZire, or probably go for Ertiga.

May be Maruti is also apprehensive about the future potential of C2 Sedan segment in India with the onslaught of compact sedans, SUVs and MPVs that 2013 is destined to see.

Another cosmetic upgrade.:deadhorse

But I like the front grill and the fog lamp addition in the VXi variant which was absent in the earlier generations.

Hopefully Maruti has worked on the headlamps since that is the ONLY bad thing in the car.

Anurag.

just one word. UGLY. and somewhat similar to indigo eCS

I can see twin head lamps with projector as well as turn indicators in ORVM in the Chinese version! Had they at least brought these features for the facelift, it would have been refreshing instead of just some chrome upfront. please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 2996923)
But I like the front grill and the fog lamp addition in the VXi variant which was absent in the earlier generations.

Not sure if they are fog lamps or just black plastic casing without the lamps for the VXi in the picture. Fog lamps would have been brighter in the picture owing to the reflectors.

Which Maruti premium sedan sells good globally ? , we can't expect any significant product upgrade from MSIL in this category. From the pictures posted it seems they are playing the sub-4 meter boot-chop card to get the price reduction by 1 lakh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramesh (Post 2996980)
Which Maruti premium sedan sells good globally ? , we can't expect any significant product upgrade from MSIL in this category. From the pictures posted it seems they are playing the sub-4 meter boot-chop card to get the price reduction by 1 lakh.

Playing the sub 4 meter chop card with SX4 would be suicidal for the brand I feel. SX4 has been sold as the Man among the boys, sub 4 meter would just rob away its USP. And I don't think a car that size can accommodate a chop card. I agree MSL has been pretty unsuccessful in selling its premium sedans, but thats purely because of good products and bad pricing combination (read Kizashi and GV).

And that chinese SX4 looked aweful in that "Uncle Grill" (as someone said).

Instead of these kind of stupid changes, what Maruti has to do is to replace the current sx4 sedan with two cars - one is the sx4 hatch to compete with the likes of duster, and other is a bigger Dzire for the sedan aspirants. Maruti can sell a bigger better Dzire well because of the brand value of Dzire itself, imo.