Team-BHP - Different Schools of Thought !!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Different Schools of Thought !! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/13074-different-schools-thought.html)

There are different schools of thought in the Indian Automotive society as follows..

Car reflects the owners personality:
These people buy vehicles suiting their personality. Highly individualistic category. For some people its Utility Value, for other's its luxury, for some its 0-100-0 and still others consider off-roading as their priority.

Car respresents the status of the person:
These people change cars with every promotion they get and want the car to represent their personality. Comfort and luxury comes first.

Car is a means of tranport from point A to point B:
For these people. A car is a car is a car, Just meant to carry people from point A to point B. Anything that has 4-wheels, Engine, Transmission, Steering and Brakes.. What is a big-deal about a car anyways?

Car is a Nuisance-Value on the already congested Roads:
As per these people.. When you buy a car, you've bought trouble. You've got to worry about maintenance, theft, vandalism, pay hefty insurance and all the things that go with it. Besides parking problems reign galore in my area, and fuel prices sky rocketing every quarter.. Why do i need a car at all?!?

Which category do you belong to ?!?

Apart from the utility value of my car, The needs of my family and me are what I look for when buying a car. It doesn't matter what the other man thinks while I am getting in or out of my car, irrespective of the occasion, place or time.

So long....

Car reflects the owners personality: 30%
Car respresents the status of the person: 20%
Car is a means of tranport from point A to point B: 40%
Car is a Nuisance-Value on the already congested Roads: 10%

Unlike abroad, in India, mostly same car is used by all members of the family. So, we can't really say that car reflects the personality of the owner. Compared to Europe/America, car is still expensive in our scenario.

So, I think it is just meant for transportation [sometimes in a bit luxury though] :)

And the car can respect a person's personality as well as their status. And as much as the car i think the way it is driven also reflects the driver's personality to a great degree.

Cars does reflect the personality. Or atleast I would think so before choosing any new car!!!

i would say it does reflect personality

For me....... a car is an extension of ones personality.........

'Car Reflects Personality of the Owner' is the case with people who know/love to drive.

Its also a status symbol to many people like those with more money than brains...

Its different for every segment. In the A-segment its all about a cheap set of wheels.

In the imported Luxury segment its nothing but a status symbol.

Cars do represent peoples personality and status but sometimes its a decoy...for example 1) someone who has all the money in the world to buy a ferrari but doesnt even know how to spell Ferrari is I guess "Deceptive Personality at Rich Status"

2) Car is a means of tranport from point A to point B: Someone who has all the money in the world to by a Cayenne but considers considers a TATA Sumo coz its mere transportation is I guess " Poorly Rich with Boring Thought Process"

3) Car is a Nuisance-Value on the already congested Roads: Someone who has all the money in the world to by a Mclaren F1 but considers using kinetic honda to attend a ceremony with his wife as his pillion and children in their uncles car is I guess " Man with a Mission Unjustified to Human Kind"...

primarily a reflection of my personality. but if i am in an A/B/ Lower C segement car, all it means to me is a set of wheels that saves some time.

Its primarily the reflection of ones personality.. The next would be what comes first usage and value or then the personality.. One wud choose something to go with personality but then one shud be able to afford it and also be able to use it to the fullest extent...

Car Reflects Personality of the Owner
My car certainly does. It's an oldie which is sometimes conky - much like me. I'm still listening to Aerosmith, Rolling Stones & Co. when the world has moved on to the "Too Fast Too Furious" kinda music.
Cars come, cars go, but the Conti rolls on.

i'd say the personality of the owner ..as there are people who would buy a skoda RS instead of a skoda tdi....
this would purely reflect the person's personality
and on the higher end ..this could be proven with the example of something like a supra and an s class or remotely...