Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2013, 19:36   #76
BHPian

Re: 2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift

I see on the website that MSIL now provides a day/night IRVM. Any ideas if we can get it onto the current WagonR. Any leads would be helpful. I am dying to get it on my car.
Old 17th January 2013, 20:06   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHG View Post
Does the WagonR come with passenger airbag ? Its website seems to list only SRS Driver Airbag as an option. See here: http://www.marutiwagonr.com/

EDIT: Even the Estilo seems to come with only Driver Side SRS Airbag: http://www.marutisuzukiestilo.com/
Interesting. It used to exist in the outgoing model. I have the brouchure that mentions "Dual SRS Airbags" and even has the picture of 2 airbags. So they've indeed dropped an airbag and added an additional storage compartment calling it a feature.

Folks, any idea if Estilo only had driver airbag from the beginning? There was no facelift on Estilo and hence unlikely to discontinue from 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The airbag door is located on the top panel of the dash so it is situated out of the way of the storage space.
Looks like they've removed it. Disgusting!

Last edited by zenren : 17th January 2013 at 20:08.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 20:07   #78
Senior - BHPian

The day/night IRVM is available at Maruti Genuine Spare parts shops, there is no change in the mirror from previous models.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 20:36   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Yes, they removed it. One thing that should not have been done.
Just dug out one of the PDF's of the time I bought my car, 2010 and it does have a mention about DUAL SRS AIRBAGS in the Vxi trim.

2013 Maruti WagonR Facelift-1.jpg

Last edited by carzone : 17th January 2013 at 20:57.
carzone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 21:32   #80
Senior - BHPian

Remember the Beige interior experiment of WagonR with the erstwhile WagonR Premia. The interiors were very prone to dirt and after a few years of use looked absolutely cheap and downmarket.

Hope this time the quality is better.
Old 4th February 2013, 07:56   #81
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHG View Post
Does the WagonR come with passenger airbag ? Its website seems to list only SRS Driver Airbag as an option. See here: http://www.marutiwagonr.com/

EDIT: Even the Estilo seems to come with only Driver Side SRS Airbag: http://www.marutisuzukiestilo.com/
Quote:

Interesting. It used to exist in the outgoing model. I have the brouchure that mentions "Dual SRS Airbags" and even has the picture of 2 airbags. So they've indeed dropped an airbag and added an additional storage compartment calling it a feature.

Folks, any idea if Estilo only had driver airbag from the beginning? There was no facelift on Estilo and hence unlikely to discontinue from 2013.

Yes, it's rather disgusting indeed! The passenger airbag has gone for good, replaced by a "storage space" or "secondary glove box". This is a regressive step for sure. Now, the only Maruti in that price range with ABS & 2 airbags is the A-Star Zxi option pack. The Ritz & Swift Z_i variants are the other Maruti hatchbacks with ABS & 2 airbags.

The Wagon R Vxi option pack always had 2 airbags with ABS, not just the pre-facelift one, even the old generation Wagon R (with the 1.1 litre, 4-cylinder engine) had it for ages.

The Zen Estilo, on the other hand, only had 1 airbag (& ABS) to begin with, on the Vxi option pack. This holds true for both the new 3-cyl engine and the old 4-cyl engine models.

Another glaring deletion on the 2013 model is the Wagon R Duo, with factory-fitted LPG kit. The CNG kit has been carried over to the facelift, but the LPG kit is nowhere to be seen. No idea if the Duo will make a re-entry later.

These are two highly regressive, unjustifiable steps from Maruti. Why, MSIL, why?

Last edited by RSR : 4th February 2013 at 08:00.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2013, 21:41   #82
BHPian

Visited Acer Motors, Secunderabad today. Decided to replace my wife's Alto with the new Wagon R VXi. The OTR price is Rs.509,360. The dealer discount is Rs.15,000, Loyalty Bonus Rs. 15,000 and Corporate discount Rs. 2000, bringing the OTR price down to Rs.477,360. Of course they are throwing in the usual crappy extras of mud flaps, matting, mats, reverse horn and steering wheel cover which they claim is worth Rs.2000. Tried negotiating further, but to no avail. It appears that dealers have formed a 'cartel', since this is the same offer I'm getting from others. Has anyone had a different experience?
Old 20th February 2013, 21:57   #83
BHPian

Don't know why, but haven't seen as many facelifted wagonR's on the road yet, atleast in Mumbai.
Are the deliveries being delayed or something or are the masses not liking the facelift?
Old 21st February 2013, 08:25   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Visited Acer Motors, Secunderabad today. Decided to replace my wife's Alto with the new Wagon R VXi. The OTR price is Rs.509,360.?
Whoa!That's quite a bit.I have a Feb 2012 WagonR Vxi(ABS/Airbags),OTR price was Rs.4,84,000/- and I paid Rs.4,54,000/- after discounts and offers.Is yours with ABS/Airbags or plain Vxi?

Quote:

Thankfully I have a 1 year old Vxi with ABS/Airbags and I am not complaining about the "NEW" glove box to hold the soft drink cans!Although the front bumper looks nice(can get it replaced if required but then the DRLs on my WagonR will not find a place) and the audio system has USB support(have bypassed it using iPod played through aux and charged through 12V socket).Will definitely get the IRVM replaced at 3rd service.But still,I'll prefer to live with a safer car than a good looking car.
Old 21st February 2013, 09:37   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Whoa!That's quite a bit.I have a Feb 2012 WagonR Vxi(ABS/Airbags),OTR price was Rs.4,84,000/- and I paid Rs.4,54,000/- after discounts and offers.Is yours with ABS/Airbags or plain Vxi?

Price is for plain VXi. ABS is pushing up the price by Rs.35000/-.
The car will be used 100% in the city and only for office/school pick up and drops. Hence have decided not to opt for the ABS and Airbags. Our Innova which is used for all our out of town trips has both ABS and Airbags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
Don't know why, but haven't seen as many facelifted wagonR's on the road yet, atleast in Mumbai.
Are the deliveries being delayed or something or are the masses not liking the facelift?
True, it's the same even in Hyderabad. Availability is not a problem, with some colours being available 'of the shelf'. Probably due to the general mood in the country, especially since the majority of the target customers are the ones worst hit.

Note from Support - Posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option to reply to multiple posts, instead of submitting back to back posts.

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st February 2013 at 10:01. Reason: Merged posts
Old 21st February 2013, 10:58   #86
BHPian

Booked the new Wagon R VXI Metallic Silky Silver. But i'll be taking the delivery in next month end only. Need to start processing the loans and due to some personal commitments, im delaying the delivery data. My dealer(ABT, Pollachi) is yet to get their TD car registered(Status as on last week).

On road price is close to 4,95,000. He will be giving a 15000 discount + Corporate bonus. Just checked in Madurai dealers and they are also offering same discount.

Initially thought of Alto K10 and later moved to Wagon R.

I initially thought they will add Lock/Unlock buttons in power window controls in the new version. But it is missing in new version also.

Last edited by dhandapanik : 21st February 2013 at 10:59.
Old 21st February 2013, 11:42   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandapanik View Post
I initially thought they will add Lock/Unlock buttons in power window controls in the new version. But it is missing in new version also.
Whats a lock/unlock button? I have a July 2012 model LXI and it has a button to lock power window control from passenger side. Is that what you are referring to?
Old 21st February 2013, 11:57   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Visited Acer Motors, Secunderabad today. Decided to replace my wife's Alto with the new Wagon R VXi. The OTR price is Rs.509,360. The dealer discount is Rs.15,000, Loyalty Bonus Rs. 15,000 and Corporate discount Rs. 2000, bringing the OTR price down to Rs.477,360. Of course they are throwing in the usual crappy extras of mud flaps, matting, mats, reverse horn and steering wheel cover which they claim is worth Rs.2000. Tried negotiating further, but to no avail. It appears that dealers have formed a 'cartel', since this is the same offer I'm getting from others. Has anyone had a different experience?

Forgot to mention that the OTR price includes 3rd and 4th year warranty at Rs.2388. Of course this is optional. Did some more negotiating this morning. They have agreed to a cash discount of Rs.5000 in lieu of accessories. Hence final OTR price is Rs.472,400
Old 21st February 2013, 12:06   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Whats a lock/unlock button? I have a July 2012 model LXI and it has a button to lock power window control from passenger side. Is that what you are referring to?
You can see the lock/unlock buttons missing in the power window controls. Image Source: Maruti Wagon R Test Drive and Review thread.

Please refer to the below post.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post1852374
Old 21st February 2013, 12:51   #90
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
Good choice John - the Wagon R is a good city runabout and a good highway cruiser too. I am owning a Wagon R Vxi since August 2012, and am pretty much satisfied with it. The dual tone horn does tend to get jarring at times; and engaging the reverse gear is a bother at times.
Yes; all the accessories that you have mentioned are offered as standard - I would advice you to go in for rear parking sensors as well - they have been really helpfull - not sure if you want to go in for a reverse horn. Also ask if they would do the complete floor matting - this one is good, and the floor is easier to clean, and your carpets will not get soiled.This one should cost you about Rs 2500/- . I have a thread on my ownership experience - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html you might want to go through it.
PVS is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks