Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2013, 23:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

An update to the swift just after 1 year of the current version's launch seems unlikely as well as unwanted. The swift and dzire are already selling like hot cakes and are still having waiting periods of as long as 6 months. Instead of going for an upgrade MSIL should focus on decreasing the waiting periods.
On the other hand, all other upgrades (sx4, zen, a-star) are really needed as these cars have eventually become market duds.
Old 10th January 2013, 09:05   #17
BANNED

Re: Maruti’s plans - Upgraded Swift, SX4 Crossover and an 800cc Diesel car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
An update to the swift just after 1 year of the current version's launch seems unlikely as well as unwanted.
This update could not be in looks department, but features like split rear seat etc may be added. Can we expect an automatic too?
Old 10th January 2013, 09:44   #18
BANNED

Sorry to the back-to-back posts.

Source: http://suzukifan.com/2012/12/28/suzu...suv/#more-2772

4 all new cars in the development:

1. An A-segment sedan in the A-Star platform which will be positioned under DZire
2. B-segment sedan in the extended Swift platform (Ertiga platform?)
3. C-segment sedan in the S-Cross platform.
4. XA-Alpha sub-4m SUV, which will be priced along with Ertiga
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 13:01   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Source: http://autocarpro.in/contents/techno...chnologyID=141

I am hugely disappointed if this plan is a correct info. Instead of axing the aged / now-uninspiring models like Estilo, SX4 and A-Star, they are planning minor facelifts! They had to launch the new S-Cross SUV and sedan instead of SX4, and an elongated A-star in place of the current one.

Also, no news about the rear-lifted Ritz? IMO, even now Maruti is not aware of the number of customers they are losing to competition due to the rear end of Ritz, and also because of the absence of a family-looking car in that segment from Maruti's stable.

Also, about the new 800CC Diesel engine to be fitted in Alto: they have to use it in cars those are not selling, than in Alto. Otherwise, it will eat into the Petrol engine sales (26K per month!). They should keep in their mind how Diesel Swifts ate into Petrol model sales.
I don't think the report is correct
-SX4 crossover seems unlikely as it won't be under 4m,also XA Alpha is slated to be launched
-new SX4 saloon in 2013 also seems unlikely as Maruti is testing the facelifted one
-new Swift seems impossible just 2 years after it's launch
Also,it does not talk about the other cars such as new sedan b/w SX4 and Dzire

Quote:
Sorry to the back-to-back posts.

Source: http://suzukifan.com/2012/12/28/suzu...suv/#more-2772

4 all new cars in the development:

1. An A-segment sedan in the A-Star platform which will be positioned under DZire
2. B-segment sedan in the extended Swift platform (Ertiga platform?)
3. C-segment sedan in the S-Cross platform.
4. XA-Alpha sub-4m SUV, which will be priced along with Ertiga
These products appear to be correct,also because they are confirmed by other sources.
Old 10th January 2013, 21:03   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post

SX4 crossover is still on sale in North America without any major revisions to the photograph you have posted. ........

....all variants which are on sale come with AWD.
I don't know about Canada but Suzuki is no more in USA. They officially closed the shop in USA. I think it would be the case for Canada too.

Last edited by Nitrous Power : 10th January 2013 at 21:04.
Old 10th January 2013, 22:03   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
I don't think the report is correct
-SX4 crossover seems unlikely as it won't be under 4m,also XA Alpha is slated to be launched
International version of SX4 crossover is 4.1 meter long, it won't be too difficult for Suzuki to bring it under 4 meters and launch it in India; but would they do it, that is another question.
Old 10th January 2013, 22:14   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
The current SX4 sedan in india is too cramped in the rear,it has much worse legroom then even a swift,despite having a larger wheelbase.Probably the most cramped sedan currently on sale in india (apart from AVEO).

I beg to differ.
I have been using an SX4 for nearly two years and find that the back-seat comfort can put larger sedans to shame!
Agreed it is a genuine 4-seater (not a 5-seater as the Company claims), the centre tunnel on the rear floor prevents a person from (comfortably) sitting in the middle.
As long as the front passengers are not more than 6 feet tall, it would not be fair to compare the rear-seat comfort to that of a Swift Dzire.
Old 10th January 2013, 23:43   #23
BHPian

Quote:
The current SX4 sedan in india is too cramped in the rear,it has much worse legroom then even a swift,despite having a larger wheelbase.Probably the most cramped sedan currently on sale in india (apart from AVEO).

I doubt whether the crossover will make any dent on sales of Renault Duster or the Ford's EcoSport.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-25-lakhs.html

This thread suggests that SX4 is not so cramped.
I happened to remove the rear seat of SX4 for stereo wiring overhaul, and the space is humongous. A low seating design on SX4 can do wonders (but then window is on first floor ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
When we are talking about the SX4 crossover, I saw this way back in 2007-08 in South America from where Suzuki has exited. The car looked nice then, however if I look at it now, it looks a bit jaded.

If launched in India, I am sure it will sell like hot cake. We Indians are used to the Suzuki junk.

The car in Costa Rica was a 1.6 Petrol available both in MT and AT variants. The price range back then was US$13k - $15K. The dollar conversion used be in the range of 38-39.
Not a good idea to launch a old wine that's 6 years+ old and personally I cannot tolerate that for a decade . Its a lost opportunity for Maruti now. AWD or hatch version will only create bitterness and will remind of the injustice done years back. Its not a FD that you deserve to enjoy after waiting for 5 years. Let maruti suffer. When people wanted, they could not offer. Thumbs-up to all those who launch world class models in India quickly.
Old 11th January 2013, 01:30   #24
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
I beg to differ.
I have been using an SX4 for nearly two years and find that the back-seat comfort can put larger sedans to shame!
Agreed it is a genuine 4-seater (not a 5-seater as the Company claims), the centre tunnel on the rear floor prevents a person from (comfortably) sitting in the middle.
As long as the front passengers are not more than 6 feet tall, it would not be fair to compare the rear-seat comfort to that of a Swift Dzire.
The seats may be soft and comfortable,but there is little room to move your legs. The rear hump strictly makes matters worse if 3 people sit in the rear.

I am comparing the SX4 to the new swift hatch ,when i sat in the back seat i found the swift better suited for long journeys,it has much better foot room or legroom or what ever you call that.
The SX4 fuel tank protrusion under the rear seat takes away some useful leg room.
Old 11th January 2013, 09:15   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Is it? Really? Please do share your source of information.
Old 11th January 2013, 11:13   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Is it? Really? Please do share your source of information.
Please go and compare in your own eyes,i stand by what i say.I compared all possible sedans,the SX4 clearly has poor legroom or foot room at the rear.

It may have wider seats then other sedans,but above drawback remains.The floor hump makes it worse and fuel tank protruding under the seat takes way the space.
Old 11th January 2013, 11:48   #27
BHPian

Quote:
The seats may be soft and comfortable,but there is little room to move your legs. The rear hump strictly makes matters worse if 3 people sit in the rear.

I am comparing the SX4 to the new swift hatch ,when i sat in the back seat i found the swift better suited for long journeys,it has much better foot room or legroom or what ever you call that.
The SX4 fuel tank protrusion under the rear seat takes away some useful leg room.
I beg to disagree. Being an SX4 owner myself, the leg space in the rear for 2 passengers is ample and definitely better than the new swift. I agree that the transmission hump restricts the seating for the 3rd passenger in the middle, but leg space has never been a problem.

Last edited by nurni76 : 11th January 2013 at 11:51.
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 15:46   #28
BANNED

Well all i can say is ,I just couldn't move my feet much in the SX4 but in the new swift there was certainly more foot room.So i have to disagree with you.
The beige interiors of the SX4 might may give a sense of more space then the black interior of the swift.

Last edited by aim120 : 11th January 2013 at 15:59.
Old 11th January 2013, 16:19   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Please go and compare in your own eyes,i stand by what i say.
Source: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-25-lakhs.html

Please come out of the cocoon of illusions, and go by the words of those who are experienced! Someone may have pushed the rear seat all the way back while you were checking SX4 rear.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti’s plans - Upgraded Swift, SX4 Crossover and an 800cc Diesel car?-1.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 11th January 2013 at 16:21.
Old 11th January 2013, 17:00   #30
BHPian

aim20

Not sure what made you to reach conclusion that sx4 rear is too cramped .In our family we have a Sx4 /Old dzire /Vento and swift D.

The vento rear leg room is the best followed by sx4 .The dzire and swift D is of the same area , this is based purely on comparing the vehicles side by side of each other.

Most of the people tend to give the opinion biased on the vehicle they own, but please do a side by side analysis or take a tape and measure the same.

I disagree with your opinion that sx4 is cramped than the dzire(old).

However i haven't compared with the new dzire but i feel it should be the same.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed