Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2013, 09:21   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti’s plans - Upgraded Swift, SX4 Crossover and an 800cc Diesel car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I came home from the airport in a Swift Dzire TOUR on Friday night.

Excellent comfort in the rear. Nice quality vinyl seats that felt just like leather. Excellent suspension and overall comfort. Super legroom.

I like...
May be the only thing they should have retained in a car aimed at the cab market is the rear seat headrests I think.
Old 21st January 2013, 09:36   #47
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
May be the only thing they should have retained in a car aimed at the cab market is the rear seat headrests I think.
Agreed. However, they do have those semi-squashy protuberant things which are part of the rear seat backs and on which one can at least rest one's neck.
Old 24th January 2013, 15:19   #48
BANNED

Seems like Swift prices are up by another 10K or so in Chennai

Is it a deliberate attempt by Maruti to create a bigger gap between Swift and Ritz? Are they introducing any new car between Ritz and Swift? A rear lifted Ritz by any means?
Old 24th January 2013, 15:27   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Seems like Swift prices are up by another 10K or so in Chennai
I think Maruti is going overboard with regular price hikes , especially with Swift + Dzire. I think Swift costs atleast 80k more than at the time it was launched. That is quite insane. Suddenly i20 Magna looks like a better option than Swift VDI. By increasing Dzire's price especially when Amaze is around the corner is not a good decision.
Old 24th January 2013, 15:38   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I think Maruti is going overboard with regular price hikes , especially with Swift + Dzire. I think Swift costs atleast 80k more than at the time it was launched. That is quite insane. Suddenly i20 Magna looks like a better option than Swift VDI. By increasing Dzire's price especially when Amaze is around the corner is not a good decision.
Yes, they are becoming very greedy with the Ertiga, Swift and Dzire. By increasing the price of Swift and DZire by 10K, they are earning an additional 300 - 360 crores per year! I think both Maruti and parent Suzuki are trying to set profit margins separately, ie, targeting to double the profits.

Or, as I said earlier, it may be a deliberate attempt to create gaps below for the launches like rear-lifted Ritz and A-Star sedan. God bless Maruti.
Old 25th January 2013, 01:01   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, they are becoming very greedy with the Ertiga, Swift and Dzire. By increasing the price of Swift and DZire by 10K, they are earning an additional 300 - 360 crores per year! I think both Maruti and parent Suzuki are trying to set profit margins separately, ie, targeting to double the profits.

Or, as I said earlier, it may be a deliberate attempt to create gaps below for the launches like rear-lifted Ritz and A-Star sedan. God bless Maruti.
I think Maruti is being needlessly baited here. All Manufacturers across the board are increasing prices. This is a regular practice in the months of Jan - Feb every year. In case the excise duty goes up in the budget, there will be another round of price hikes ( along with discounts ).

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...ry-2013/15400/

http://www.nissan.in/en/web/news/news_32222.htm

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...ry-2013/15148/

to name a few.
gitartha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2013, 09:05   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki set sale target and will launch production version of S-Cross in march’s Geneva motor show , sale will start initially in Japan at middle of the year.

Suzuki plans to launch a production version of it compact hatchback crossover vehicle “S-cross concept” in March 2013 Geneva motor show.

Then,it will start sell that vehicle in Japan first time in the middle of the year and release in Europe in september 2013.

After that will be the time for India and China in late 2013/early2014.(But India and China will get sedan first and will fallow by hatchback around 6 month later).

Suzuki will discontinue production of SX4 in Japan In the middle of 2014.But the production continue in Europe,China,India and Indonesia.

Maruti’s plans - Upgraded Swift, SX4 Crossover and an 800cc Diesel car?-scross.jpg

http://suzukifan.com/2013/01/23/suzu...e-of-the-year/
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2013, 09:51   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Suzuki will discontinue production of SX4 in Japan In the middle of 2014.But the production continue in Europe,China,India and Indonesia.
And India will get the SX4 hatch version after its production is ended in Japan, I guess!

One question to all who knows the car production plant details: how much will it cost to set up a production line for a car?
Old 28th January 2013, 17:23   #54
BANNED

Source: http://www.oncars.in/Car-News-Detail...e-shelved/3570

"Gurgaon based carmaker is contemplating shutting down the production of the Estilo for good. It could make the move as early as March 2013, when the current financial year ends. Our sources also hint that the A-star could follow suit and a new model could replace the car."

So, Estilo may be withdrawn (along with with AltoK10?) when the Alto1000 is launched, and A-Star will be replaced by the new (Chinese?) model, IMO.

Nowadays, I can see a lot of Estilo promotions at the dealer end - special pavilions, offers etc. Might be stock clearance.
Old 28th January 2013, 18:29   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Source: http://www.oncars.in/Car-News-Detail...e-shelved/3570

"Gurgaon based carmaker is contemplating shutting down the production of the Estilo for good. It could make the move as early as March 2013, when the current financial year ends. Our sources also hint that the A-star could follow suit and a new model could replace the car."

So, Estilo may be withdrawn (along with with AltoK10?) when the Alto1000 is launched, and A-Star will be replaced by the new (Chinese?) model, IMO.

Nowadays, I can see a lot of Estilo promotions at the dealer end - special pavilions, offers etc. Might be stock clearance.
About time too. Estilo definitely doesn't have any future left.

As for A-Star, the next generation of Suzuki Alto for Europe should be due around 2014. Hopefully, we might get it as the next generation A-Star around the same time. Hopefully Suzuki would pay a little more attention to rear legroom and boot space in next generation.

It wouldn't hurt if they decide to launch the Chinese version as a facelift till the next generation A-Star arrives, as they've already started getting bits and pieces from China for SX4.
Old 29th January 2013, 09:27   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
As for A-Star, the next generation of Suzuki Alto for Europe should be due around 2014. Hopefully, we might get it as the next generation A-Star around the same time.
May be. But I have a strong feeling now - that Maruti may retain the AltoK10, and re-launch the face-lifted (Chinese?) A-Star as the Alto1000 (to comply with its international naming) - because they are saying "a new model could replace the car".

Source: http://www.virtual-strategy.com/2013...laims-gaadicom

"while the XA-Alpha was showcased in Jan 2012 at the Auto Expo in New Delhi, the company is yet to start its real world test drives in India but the model is expected hit showrooms by end of this year. Maruti is developing this baby SUV in-house with inputs from its Japanese partner, Suzuki."

"the Maruti XA Alpha will be under 4 metres in length in order to enjoy small car tax benefits and hence will be priced from approximately Rs 7 lac onwards, giving a tough competition to the Ford EcoSport and the Renault Duster.

The XA-Alpha will be developed on the current Swift platform but the SUV will be wider and taller. It will also make use of the same 1.3-litre diesel and 1.2-litre petrol motors, albeit in a different state of tune. With increasing number of owners, specially the younger generation, venturing out for weekend drives for exploring the country side, compact SUVs like the XA-Alpha surely have a successful future in India."

If it comes with a 7-seater arrangement and in the 7L onwards price range, it will compete with its own sibling, the Ertiga, IMO. Though one is an MUV and other is an SUV, people will surely cross-shop.

By the way, any test mules spotted? (Had heard earlier that the front grill and A-pillar is similar to the concept, though there are changes to the head lamps.) What will be the seating configuration? Any chance for it to come in a soft-top avatar too, like Gypsy?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 29th January 2013 at 09:29.
Old 29th January 2013, 09:36   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

More details emerge on the A star and the upgrades!

The current Alto/Celerio/A star arrive since early 2009 and it now consider too simple and aging when compare to the new arrival.Anyway,plan to replace it is set in 2014 and it should launch on time as it has been captured prototype testing by Autoblog.it it very early stage since January 2013.

The news is say that Suzuki will increase heavily in length and height of the car in order to gain more space and reduce current generation’s weakness.The car will taller than average A-segment because Suzuki will use space efficiency concept from Japanese’s tallboy.Expect around 1550 mm high which is in the same league with Fiat panda .Wheelbase will also extent from current 2360 mm in order to give more interior space.length of the car expect to gain more 150 mm from 3500 mm to around 3650 mm.Suzuki is said to design bigger boot and make seat more comfortable as much as possible.While current strength will also improve.

The car will upgrade to Sub B-segment and will slightly up price in some market.Suzuki is hope the car attract more customer in India,especially,the sedan derivative that will offer first time in the history of Alto.Suzuki also aim to get new customers in south east asia as they will produce the car in the region.The car will arrive in 2014 and got YL codename.

http://suzukifan.com/

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 10:34   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
More details emerge on the A star and the upgrades!
http://suzukifan.com/
Good catch! And there goes A-Star's low slung driving characteristics, and now is a tall boy, just like WR, Ritz and Estilo. And it resembles Suzuki Japan's Alto van a lot, IMO. Here are some pictures from the same URL.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti’s plans - Upgraded Swift, SX4 Crossover and an 800cc Diesel car?-nextgenerationsuzukialto.jpg  

Maruti’s plans - Upgraded Swift, SX4 Crossover and an 800cc Diesel car?-nextgenerationsuzukialtocelerioastar.jpg  

Maruti’s plans - Upgraded Swift, SX4 Crossover and an 800cc Diesel car?-1.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 29th January 2013 at 10:41.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 13:52   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good catch! And there goes A-Star's low slung driving characteristics, and now is a tall boy, just like WR, Ritz and Estilo. And it resembles Suzuki Japan's Alto van a lot, IMO. Here are some pictures from the same URL.
This place does't seems to be in India... maybe some part of Europe. It seems like the new Ritz/ Spalsh to me unless they are testing the JDM Alto (based on Mazda Carol) refresh out there.

Thank you @romeomidhun.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 15:29   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Source: http://www.virtual-strategy.com/2013...laims-gaadicom

If it comes with a 7-seater arrangement and in the 7L onwards price range, it will compete with its own sibling, the Ertiga, IMO. Though one is an MUV and other is an SUV, people will surely cross-shop.

By the way, any test mules spotted? (Had heard earlier that the front grill and A-pillar is similar to the concept, though there are changes to the head lamps.) What will be the seating configuration? Any chance for it to come in a soft-top avatar too, like Gypsy?
"Experts at gaadi.com" ?? sounds like oxymoron to me.

Anyways under 4m, swift platform means there is no way they are going to make it 7 seater. Already the swift is cramped for space and there is hardly 100 odd mm left to increase length !!

There has been no news about test mules. So sadly we may not see this beast till mid/end of 2014
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks