Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2006, 09:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

v10 toureg?? isnt it like 65 on road? one of my friends in bellary ordered it..

as for 50L to spend, I am sure another few extra wouldnt hurt right, so i would say that Porsche Cayenne would be your best bet, goto ashoka and order it already..without a doubt and as for reliability of the germans...i wouldnt trust it just like that, but surely all these expensive cars are almost as unreliable as the other...
Old 9th May 2006, 10:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

I dont know how much a Rangie Sport costs, but it sounds like a good bet.

The Cayenne is also a good option, both of them have a lot of style.

The X5 is due for replacement, so it is out of the question.

The new M-class should also be in your list, it is said to be a very accomplished car.
Old 9th May 2006, 13:43   #18
mxx
BHPian

If you have off-road driving and you need something in 50lakhs, one good option in Land Cruizer Prado.
Prado VX Ex-showroom around 40Lakhs in Delhi.
I have used toyota land cruisers, and they are great vehicles for off-road and on-road use. The vx available in India is top of the line model.

If you can stretch your budget, Some other suggestions are cayyene(softroader) and toureg(good for offroad). Dont go for x5, comparitively nothing great about it . and the new M class is not launched in India yet(correct me on this if i am wrong).

Some post have mentioned Range Rover, Is it available in India?

Last edited by mxx : 9th May 2006 at 13:45.
Old 9th May 2006, 18:09   #19
BHPian

Thanks for all the replies friends...

Many of my friends Suggested Range Rover, X 5's and cayenne's but what i want is a proper SUV nothing curtailed. I want a proper husk thing, which i find in LX 470 even I find new Land Cruiser Prado a bit curtailed from behind, not that huge look it use to had in older model.

Well no body said any thing about LX 470, why , is it a outdated vehicle or what. By the way how much is it costing on road.

Thanks a lot, any other suggestions people..

Well by husk i dont mean Hummer..no ways
Old 9th May 2006, 18:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastmanstanding

Many of my friends Suggested Range Rover, X 5's and cayenne's but what i want is a proper SUV nothing curtailed. I want a proper husk thing, which i find in LX 470 even I find new Land Cruiser Prado a bit curtailed from behind, not that huge look it use to had in older model.

Well no body said any thing about LX 470, why , is it a outdated vehicle or what. By the way how much is it costing on road.

Import a LR Wildcat. http://www.bowler-offroad.com/

I have seen these perform and no SUV in India can touch this (unless Gemballa alread has one of these ).
Old 9th May 2006, 19:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastmanstanding

For the real SUV, Dakar tests em all, but only one wins. Pajerrro.

A 2006 pajero roadtest conclusion from a middle-eastern website

"The Mitsubishi Pajero is a decent highway cruiser for those with large families. It is also a highly capable offroader with all the requisite go-anywhere gear built in. It costs less than the all-too-common Toyota Land Cruiser while being just as capable. We would say the Pajero is among the best offroading four-wheel-drives available."

http://www.drivearabia.com/mitsubish...shipajero.html

Although Mitsubishi's Dakar 2006 victory is its sixth successive win and an 11th, overall victory in the history of the Dakar Rally, Volkswagen’s Touareg 2 Prototype was a real challenger.Sandwiched between first and third position, which all belonged to Mitsubishi, was Volkswagen with the Volkswagen Touareg 2 Prototype.

http://www.economist.com.na/20jan/20-01-30.htm
Old 9th May 2006, 20:16   #22
BHPian

Hey lastmanstanding!

How is ur BUSA doing? and wat about ur safari? selling it?

Well, one thing I would suggest you, dont buy pajero, landcruiser,prado...etc, every person wants to showoff with these vehicals and trust me, they are everywhr... so buy something which is unique and which can be ur priced possesion.

Audi Q7 is it.period.
Old 9th May 2006, 20:20   #23
BHPian

personally...i think you should go for the Porsche Cayenne....
Old 9th May 2006, 20:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbuster
Hey lastmanstanding!

How is ur BUSA doing? and wat about ur safari? selling it?

Well, one thing I would suggest you, dont buy pajero, landcruiser,prado...etc, every person wants to showoff with these vehicals and trust me, they are everywhr... so buy something which is unique and which can be ur priced possesion.

Audi Q7 is it.period.
again Q7 is running in the 65 range i believe..
Old 9th May 2006, 21:48   #25
Team-BHP Support

Toyota Land Cruisers and Mitsubishi Pajeros are the easiest to get serviced in India. The LC is amazingly comfortable and refined too. Both of them work brilliantly off road.
However, if you want more exclusivity, head straight for a Range Rover. It's as good, if not better than the LC or Pajero.
Old 10th May 2006, 00:00   #26
BHPian

After driving a lot i feel the Tuareg V6 Tdi is the best bet.Very comfortable on the road,very competent in the mud and rough.Not a heavy drinker like the V10(returned an amazing 12.5 kmpl) and a sub 50 lakh price tag.Built quality is something to talk about and the mechanicals are rock solid.The chassis is excellent,you can attack corners without any worries
Old 10th May 2006, 00:47   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
For the real SUV, Dakar tests em all, but only one wins. Pajerrro.

A 2006 pajero roadtest conclusion from a middle-eastern website

"The Mitsubishi Pajero is a decent highway cruiser for those with large families. It is also a highly capable offroader with all the requisite go-anywhere gear built in. It costs less than the all-too-common Toyota Land Cruiser while being just as capable. We would say the Pajero is among the best offroading four-wheel-drives available."

http://www.drivearabia.com/mitsubish...shipajero.html

Although Mitsubishi's Dakar 2006 victory is its sixth successive win and an 11th, overall victory in the history of the Dakar Rally, Volkswagen’s Touareg 2 Prototype was a real challenger.Sandwiched between first and third position, which all belonged to Mitsubishi, was Volkswagen with the Volkswagen Touareg 2 Prototype.

http://www.economist.com.na/20jan/20-01-30.htm
What wins the Paris Dakar does not really mean much as the cars are prepared for the event. There is a rally that goes from London to Gambia where the owners have to buy the cheapest car they can find. Many people have managed to complete the event in 50pound cars from the local auction. The cars are then sold in Gambia and the money given to charity.
Old 10th May 2006, 01:19   #28
Senior - BHPian

Paris-Dakar rally is not a simple rallying event.

And yes the cars are prepared for the rally but that give the companies knowhow on how to manufacture a new suv.

the effects can be seen on the pajero.

point 2. as Aditya pointed out, buying a new SUV is not the biggest problem. Spares and service are. Hence stick to either pajero or lexus or look at rangerover for a more upmarket feel.
Old 10th May 2006, 01:24   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
again Q7 is running in the 65 range i believe..
base version costs $49999
make that 50k

50k * rs 44= 22 lakhs INR

plus 110% taxes= 4620000 INR
Old 10th May 2006, 01:26   #30
Senior - BHPian

The base Q7 falls in the Cayenne Category, but the only problem is that it is still not confirmed when deliveries will commence. A couple of people i know have been inquiring but it seems that the waiting period might prolong to 2007 so theyre pretty much going around to other available alternatives
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks