Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2013, 12:21   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Launch of new Corolla & Innova by Mid-2015?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
So, Toyota better do itself a favour and offer the 2.0l Diesel, else IMHO there's no use of such launches where just the wrapping is different. Afterall its the 11th gen Corolla, I expect atleast some improvement in the Diesel engine offered.
I think Toyota's logic is very straightforward - if it ain't broke, why fix it? The diesel Corolla is supposed to be a refined cruiser with awesome fuel efficiency - A job it does well. A buyer has the petrol 1.8l, if he/she wants power.

Toyota, with its more conservative approach, doesn't believe in radical overhauls to key products and hence, while it may draw some customer ire, avoids disasters such as what happened to Honda with the new Civic.
Old 21st July 2013, 14:54   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

The India-bound Corolla explained in detail in these videos -

The next-gen Corolla is expected to arrive in India by mid-2014.

SOURCE - http://www.carscoops.com/2013/07/toy...rolla-for.html
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2013, 16:29   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
These dealers need to be be sent to ethics school ! Just because they want there current stocks to sell, they lie and scare potential customers about the prices of upcoming cars. This is the story everywhere.
The new Corolla will come in at similar prices as the current one and there is no reason why it should cost over 22L? Whats wrong with this dealer?
The current generation Altis was priced at a higher segment than the previous gen Corolla, Toyota generally upgrades a model rather than replacing it. Isnt the same supposed to happen with the coming new Innova, i heard it would sit higher than the current gen Innova. Also looking at this car i certainly feel it belongs to the 18-22l category. I wont be surprised if Toyota would price it like that.
Old 21st July 2013, 17:16   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post

The current generation Altis was priced at a higher segment than the previous gen Corolla, Toyota generally upgrades a model rather than replacing it. Isnt the same supposed to happen with the coming new Innova, i heard it would sit higher than the current gen Innova. Also looking at this car i certainly feel it belongs to the 18-22l category. I wont be surprised if Toyota would price it like that.
There is no way new Corolla will be priced between 18-22 l. Agreed that Altis was priced higher than previous generation Corolla but the price difference was not that big at all. IMO, Toyota will launch the new Corolla with the same price range or may be few thousand rupees more but it won't be 18l - 22 l for sure. And again, this car DOES NOT belong to 18-22 l category. It has same 1.8 l 4 cylinder engine along with 5 speed manual and 7 speed AT carried over from previous generation. And I heard that they will carry the same puny 1.4 l diesel as well. Agreed that it is redesigned with upgraded interior but that's the catching up game with competition.

Please note that the dealers employ these kind of tactics so that they can push the current generation model and clear up the stock.

Last edited by Nitrous Power : 21st July 2013 at 17:22.
Nitrous Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2013, 20:40   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
There is no way new Corolla will be priced between 18-22 l. Agreed that Altis was priced higher than previous generation Corolla but the price difference was not that big at all. IMO, Toyota will launch the new Corolla with the same price range or may be few thousand rupees more but it won't be 18l - 22 l for sure. And again, this car DOES NOT belong to 18-22 l category. It has same 1.8 l 4 cylinder engine along with 5 speed manual and 7 speed AT carried over from previous generation. And I heard that they will carry the same puny 1.4 l diesel as well. Agreed that it is redesigned with upgraded interior but that's the catching up game with competition.

Please note that the dealers employ these kind of tactics so that they can push the current generation model and clear up the stock.
Yeah on second thoughts, 18 to 22l maybe too high, but still i expect the prices to sit above the present model.
Old 21st July 2013, 22:56   #81
BHPian

The looks of Corolla is getting better , and browsed the net , the interior of the car is very impressive . Finally Corolla is lot more impressive and catching up with expectation of customers
Old 21st July 2013, 23:38   #82
Senior - BHPian

Toyota claims the new Corolla will have a larger boot @ 452L. But IIRC the Altis has a 465L boot, so how is the boot larger than the outgoing Corolla? Am I missing something?

Also, wrt pricing, better it stays at the current level, coz the present Altis has quite dated looking interiors. I'd say its overpriced now, and that finally the Corolla will be worth its price.

Last edited by manson : 10th September 2013 at 18:55.
Old 25th July 2013, 19:33   #83
Senior - BHPian

Its good to see a manufacturer planning to launch a D segment sedan when all the others are losing interest in the D ( read: dying) segment. No sales apparently. Honda discontinued the Civic. A fabulous car imo.

Hopefully, Toyota's focus will bring others back
Old 26th July 2013, 17:21   #84
BHPian

Re: Launch of new Corolla & Innova by Mid-2014?

Its a real happy news to hear that the new Innova is getting evolved.

If Toyota is seeing this, I have a few numble requests for you.

1. Please provide the manual transmission one with a 6 + 1 gear box; the vehicle demands that.

2. Please provide a Petrol 2.4 AT variant, which will be another viral on the roads.

3. Atleast on the top end variant, please add projector headlamps for a better night vision since Innova will face sleepless nights quite often. If not suiting to your cost cutting tactics, please add dual head lamps for the new model.

4. The body metal is too light for a vehicle of its class. Many have already scarificed their lives because of the same and hence request you to make it a 'tough built' one, atleast at the front so that a face to face hit might be handled far better than the current model.

5. The suspensions can be made slightly more stiff since passangers, [mainly pregnanat ladies and old people] are facing a tough time during their long travel because of the bumpy movement of the vehicle on uneven indian highways.

6. Electronic mirror open/close and 'Child-proof window glass locking' can be incorporated since its common in all vehicles of that segment has that and are real useful features.

7. A bit more cosmetic changes can be incorporated in the interior to make the vehicle the even beautiful and the best in the segment beyond comparison.

8. Please don't reduce the ground clearence of the vehicle just to save 2% of the total price. We don't want the vehicle to make 'road marks' where ever it goes !!

Anyway, like millions, even I am eagerly waiting for the launch of the all new Innova 2014. Waiting for more updates.

Regards,
Nikz.
Old 5th September 2013, 18:29   #85
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Corolla has scored 5-Star ratings in latest Euro-NCAP tests . More details here:

http://www.carpoint.com.au/news/2013...EwJk5uZT0xNQ..
Old 10th September 2013, 13:16   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

1st spy shots: 2014 Toyota Corolla testing in India

Launch of new Corolla & Innova by Mid-2015?-2.jpg

Launch of new Corolla & Innova by Mid-2015?-3.jpg

Launch of new Corolla & Innova by Mid-2015?-1.jpg

Launch of new Corolla & Innova by Mid-2015?-4.jpg

Source
karan561 is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 16:19   #87
BHPian

I saw this vehicle near the NICE road entrance from Ecity in Bangalore. As it was crowded in the evening near NICE road, was not able to stop the vehicle.

But to be frank its really very huge, it almost looked like an camry in disguise, but its awesome.
Old 10th September 2013, 19:05   #88
BHPian

The new Corolla does look larger (longer and wider), at least visually. With growing size an international trend, I'm sure it would be true for Corolla as well. The Toyota US site shows the Corolla as an elegant, mature car. I hope we get the latest with all the bells and whistles, and its a success. Best of luck Toyota !
Old 10th September 2013, 20:17   #89
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
1st spy shots: 2014 Toyota Corolla testing in India
Thank you Karan for the pictures.

Looks like I can see a winner from Toyota if it is priced right and hope it gets a powerful diesel engine instead of that 1.4 D-4D. May be a 2L D-4D would make sense.

Fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
The new Corolla does look larger (longer and wider), at least visually. Best of luck Toyota !
I feel the car is taller and looked slightly muscular also.

Look at the Fortuner in comparison with the new corolla in the picture.

Anurag
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 20:52   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Thank you Karan for the pictures.

Looks like I can see a winner from Toyota if it is priced right and hope it gets a powerful diesel engine instead of that 1.4 D-4D. May be a 2L D-4D would make sense.

Fingers crossed.
AFAIK, Toyota is not changing the 1.4 D-4D. It will be carried over. They may launch updated 1.8 l gas engine that they launched in USA Corolla.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks