Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2014, 09:11   #211
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault Duster AWD launched at Rs. 11.89 lakh (pg. 15)

The AWD version scheduled for September 24th launch.

Source: http://www.zigwheels.com/upcoming-la...mber-24/19767/
sarathlal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 12:21   #212
mxx
BHPian

duster AWD link in Renault India website
http://renault.co.in/Dusterawd.html
mxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 13:51   #213
BHPian

Guys,

Maybe this is the wrong time to ask, but any news on the facelifted version of the Duster? From what I have read, it's just a headlamp cluster and grille changeover.
Old 21st September 2014, 14:22   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmktm View Post
Guys,

Maybe this is the wrong time to ask, but any news on the facelifted version of the Duster? From what I have read, it's just a headlamp cluster and grille changeover.
You are right, there isnt anything so to talk about duster's face lift. Its very minor cosmetic touch ups, period.
Old 22nd September 2014, 13:53   #215
BHPian

[quote]
This is what i read in last month Autocar magazine.So after AWD launch,till 2016 you can expect some cosmetic change overs..
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster AWD launched at Rs. 11.89 lakh (pg. 15)-dscn3538.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2014, 14:04   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
3. How often does an urban SUV owner take his SUV off road, irrespective of the vehicle he/she owns? If the answer is rarely, does the off-road spec comparison actually matter? Lastly, an SUV owner will not (or very rarely will) subject his vehicle to terrains that are fully suited for Thar or more serious off-roaders, well, then dont the Duster and Fortuner play an even game on that front for all?

Let me know what you guys think.
Duster AWD is going to be enough for all those city folks who would want a reliable 4x4 for their bi-annual/quarterly trips where they encounter tricky sections like water crossing/mud/slush/dunes etc.

But if one is into off-roading (as in proper off-roading even if its going to be 10% of the time) then its better to buy a brand new Thar and spend another 3-5 lakhs making it comfy for city use and a killer off-roader instead of buying a Duster.
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 14:40   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Duster AWD is going to be enough for all those city folks who would want a reliable 4x4 for their bi-annual/quarterly trips where they encounter tricky sections like water crossing/mud/slush/dunes etc.

But if one is into off-roading (as in proper off-roading even if its going to be 10% of the time) then its better to buy a brand new Thar and spend another 3-5 lakhs making it comfy for city use and a killer off-roader instead of buying a Duster.
That is exactly my point. Also, for folks who are image conscious, who cannot do without a 7 seater space or seek that overbearing "SUV" size road presence to be able to bully around Duster might tick quite a few boxes on the Against side in the 'Against' vs 'For' matrix.

Once Renault improves its sales-service network, they sure will pack a good punch with the Duster and poach customers from above segment purely through irresistible price difference bween the two.
Old 22nd September 2014, 14:58   #218
D4D
BHPian

ACI's fb page says that Duster AWD will be launched on Sep 24.
Old 22nd September 2014, 15:40   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Also, for folks who are image conscious, who cannot do without a 7 seater space or seek that overbearing "SUV" size road presence to be able to bully around Duster might tick quite a few boxes on the Against side in the 'Against' vs 'For' matrix.
I remember one of the AVPs in my last organization buying a Scorpio. Now nothing surprising here unless I tell you his previous car was a Linea T-jet!

I was curious to know the rationale behind his decision and it turned out that he did consider a couple of other options, including Duster. He had in fact driven a Duster but it had too hard a clutch for him (which I'd agree to) and didn't make him feel he was driving a big car. He wanted to own an SUV (macho looking) and while he liked Duster in almost all departments he simply couldn't live with the reduced height of the car. Hence, the Scorpio!

So this image thing is pretty big to a lot of people which is why Duster AWD (or a whole new Duster) wouldn't really compete with Scorpio or Storme or XUV 500 more than it is now. The only sales it might eat up would be from the 4x4 versions of these SUVs (however small or big).
Old 22nd September 2014, 22:31   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
I remember one of the AVPs in my last organization buying a Scorpio. Now nothing surprising here unless I tell you his previous car was a Linea T-jet!

I was curious to know the rationale behind his decision and it turned out that he did consider a couple of other options, including Duster. He had in fact driven a Duster but it had too hard a clutch for him (which I'd agree to) and didn't make him feel he was driving a big car. He wanted to own an SUV (macho looking) and while he liked Duster in almost all departments he simply couldn't live with the reduced height of the car. Hence, the Scorpio!

So this image thing is pretty big to a lot of people which is why Duster AWD (or a whole new Duster) wouldn't really compete with Scorpio or Storme or XUV 500 more than it is now. The only sales it might eat up would be from the 4x4 versions of these SUVs (however small or big).
In urban India the whole logic that prevails around the purchase of a big bad SUV is 75% Image, 24% status and 1% to tackle bad roads/off road.

Coming to the Duster AWD, it will do few numbers, very very few numbers coz it neither has that so called image nor does it symbolise any status, well then who will buy it?? People that can afford a 16lac Duster or someone who knows exactly what he/she wants it for, 3 very specific reasons; frugality, flexibility (use on/off tarmac) and ride quality.

Last edited by The Wolf : 22nd September 2014 at 22:35.
Old 24th September 2014, 11:34   #221
Senior - BHPian

Is the duster 4X4 being launched today? Can't seem to find anything online.
Old 24th September 2014, 11:53   #222
BHPian

Yes, here is the link for the webcast - http://www.renault.co.in/dusterawd/webcast/webcast.html

Supposed to launch at 12 noon, i.e less than 5 minutes left
diwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 12:46   #223
Senior - BHPian

RXL at 11.89, RXZ at 12.99 L Ex showroom Delhi. Will it stir the market?

Last edited by sourabhzen : 24th September 2014 at 12:49.
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 12:57   #224
Senior - BHPian

Guys, the AWD has some superb safety kit - ESP, ASR (anti-skid resistance - dunno what it means), Under Steer Control & also something called Rapid Deceleration warning.
Keenly awaiting the Team BHP review!! ABS with EBR and brake assist as well, offcourse.

Last edited by Equus : 24th September 2014 at 12:58.
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 13:14   #225
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Rapid Deceleration warning.......
The hazard lights start blinking under hard braking to warn following drivers. A very nifty safety feature, though not sure how useful it is in tailgating-crazy India. It's been available on the Figo for years now.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed