Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2014, 11:36   #271
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster AWD launched at Rs. 11.89 lakh (pg. 15)

Booked the Duster AWD in Amazon Green a few minutes ago. Now the waiting starts. Got 5K cash discount/accessories.
Old 8th October 2014, 12:56   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover View Post
Booked the Duster AWD in Amazon Green a few minutes ago. Now the waiting starts. Got 5K cash discount/accessories.
Which variant have you booked & what is the expected date of delivery? If you don't mind can you please share the OTR price.
Old 8th October 2014, 13:43   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
Which variant have you booked & what is the expected date of delivery? If you don't mind can you please share the OTR price.
I booked the RxZ. It is expected to be delivered within 15 days. The OTR is 16.21 L less 5K. However, I'm still negotiating on the insurance that may bring down the final price.

Last edited by Rover : 8th October 2014 at 13:44.
Old 8th October 2014, 17:07   #274
Senior - BHPian

I was one of the "testers" that Blackpearl (BP) mentioned. Did the on road driving along with Shuv C. And was an excited observer as BP and another friend put the Duster AWD through its off road challenges. As BP has already mentioned, the Duster performed admirably in the mud and with AT tyres, it would surely be even better. Ground clearance is ample and you'll be hard pressed to scrape or bump anything.

On road as well as in the interiors and looks departments, the AWD is a big improvement over the 2WD variants. Notably:
- Clutch is now very light and won't be a pain in the left leg any more unlike the 110 2WD
- Shorter gearing, especially for the 1st gear, means turbo lag is hugely reduced and it's good to drive in bumper to bumper traffic
- Independent rear suspension improves the already excellent ride quality
- New steering looks and feels good
- Cruise control, traction control and hill hold are nice additions
- Soft touch plastic (RXZ) looks and feels better than before
- Matte aluminium accents on the central console look nice
- Hazard light, central locking etc. buttons are more user friendly now
- Instrumentation dials are much better looking now
- No ungainly rear AC unit any more
- Smoked headlamps look very cool
- Smoked alloys also add to the looks

Only Cons:
- Boot space has now reduced - more shallow as they had to store the spare in the cabin rather than below it to accomodate the new rear suspension setup
- No leather seats in the top of the line AWD

What I was hoping they'd fix:
- No dead pedal, lack of space to rest the left leg
- No centre armrest in front
- Storage space above central console could have been given a lid, ala the Terrano
- No retractable ORVMs
- Height adjustment mechanism very odd
- No sliding rear seats
- No climate control

But all in all, this is an excellent car. I recently test drove the new Scorpio and liked it a lot. However, I think I like the Duster AWD a bit more

Last edited by razor4077 : 8th October 2014 at 17:09.
razor4077 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 17:42   #275
BHPian

>>>- Clutch is now very light and won't be a pain in the left leg any more unlike the 110 2WD

Are you comparing with original 2WD version, or with the latest Clutch assembly. I think, the latest one pretty much okay.
niv26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 17:57   #276
BHPian

Quote:
I booked the RxZ. It is expected to be delivered within 15 days. The OTR is 16.21 L less 5K. However, I'm still negotiating on the insurance that may bring down the final price.
That's one heavy price tag. But I think it will be worth it in the end. Did you look at any other car or was duster your only choice?
Old 8th October 2014, 18:05   #277
Senior - BHPian

Well it is a very capable vehicle. However, this price tag is way beyond what I am willing to pay for it. My wait for a replacement for the SX4 continues.

Maybe the S Cross will have something for people like us. Hopefully Hyundai and Mahindra will also launch their offerings in the Compact SUV segment at price points which are attractive to a larger segment of customers.
Old 8th October 2014, 18:48   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
That's one heavy price tag. But I think it will be worth it in the end. Did you look at any other car or was duster your only choice?
I was looking at a compact SUV. I considered the Yeti but did not test drive it. It's asking price was more than I was willing I test drove both Ecosport and Duster. That was 2WD Duster. At that point the 2WD Duster was my preference over the Ecosport. I decided to wait a while for the AWD Duster and test drove it. It swung me over completely.
Old 8th October 2014, 19:31   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post

- Boot space has now reduced - more shallow as they had to store the spare in the cabin rather than below it to accommodate the new rear suspension setup

What I was hoping they'd fix:

- Height adjustment mechanism very odd
All around the spare tyre , there seems to be a painted Styrofoam / Thermocol spacer in place , hugging the contour of the Tyre. The carpet rests on top. I need to check whether this contraption is configured to carry the load of the luggage , if yes , if will not hold and will easily disintegrate. It might be cosmetic , but being a Styrofoam insert , longevity would be a big question.

The height adjustment mechanism looks very flimsy and would be difficult to operate.
DriveTrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 10:20   #280
Senior - BHPian

Pardon my ignorance but it is not clear how the boot has reduced because of spare wheel. Is it not placed inside a cavity in the boot? Or have they shifted the rear seat backwards? If so, it should result in better leg space for rear passengers which is actually better.
Old 9th October 2014, 12:29   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Pardon my ignorance but it is not clear how the boot has reduced because of spare wheel. Is it not placed inside a cavity in the boot? Or have they shifted the rear seat backwards? If so, it should result in better leg space for rear passengers which is actually better.
Boot space has been slightly compromised now with the relocation of the full size spare wheel from under the body to inside the boot. No other changes so the rear seat positioning and spacing remains identical to the older versions.

Currently, I am negotiating with Trident Renault (Palace orchards, Bangalore) on my 2011 chevy cruze LT exchange price. Their offer is unimpressive and way below market rate hence if I get the price I want, I will immediately going for the Duster AWD RxZ.

Last edited by The Wolf : 9th October 2014 at 12:31.
The Wolf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 13:41   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Pardon my ignorance but it is not clear how the boot has reduced because of spare wheel.
The spare wheel is placed higher as the AWD Duster has to accomodate the rear IFS and rear differential. The 2WD Duster has no rear differential and has a solid axle suspension allowing the spare wheel to be placed lower.
Old 9th October 2014, 13:55   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
>>>- Clutch is now very light and won't be a pain in the left leg any more unlike the 110 2WD

Are you comparing with original 2WD version, or with the latest Clutch assembly. I think, the latest one pretty much okay.
Clutch felt lighter than the Terrano and the revised (lighter) Duster 110 clutches. Bottom line - the clutch is no longer a dealbreaker or concern.
razor4077 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 14:04   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Currently, I am negotiating with Trident Renault (Palace orchards, Bangalore) on my 2011 chevy cruze LT exchange price. Their offer is unimpressive and way below market rate hence if I get the price I want, I will immediately going for the Duster AWD RxZ.
Don't you get a better deal selling direct to the customer than through these used car dealers? I sold my old Accent through Carwale - got a reasonable price.

Then booked the Duster. Let me know if you get any significant deals on the Duster purchase from Trident - Palace Orchards.
Old 9th October 2014, 15:48   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't you get a better deal selling direct to the customer than through these used car dealers? I sold my old Accent through Carwale - got a reasonable price.

Then booked the Duster. Let me know if you get any significant deals on the Duster purchase from Trident - Palace Orchards.
Yea, Im trying both, exchange as well as direct. Have been receiving queries but none has coughed up cash yet

My last interaction with Trident resulted in nothing, they were not interested in giving anything complimentary, I will try to press hard on the day of booking, lets see how that goes, will keep you'all posted.

By their body language, it seems like they are doing healthy business, this is the time when they dont even bother to follow up with you if you disappear for a week after displaying clear buyer interest. I am experiencing that at the moment.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks