Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2014, 09:12   #301
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster AWD launched at Rs. 11.89 lakh (pg. 15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Woah! A multilink suspension?!

Is it exclusive for the AWD variant?

EDIT: Congratulations!
Thanks, here are some more axle and under body pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
Firstly... Congratulations.

But I am very confused.
There is an Adventure model in my office parking, an Amazon green I was told by the owner. And the green is very distinct from the woodland brown. Unlike with your vehicle.

I was thinking that's the color I would go in for if I were to pick up the AWD version. Now are we saying the rendition is different for the Adventure and the AWD?

OT, Biased towards it in vehicles of a certain character :-) My Safari is mountain green, my bullet was olive green.
Thank you. If you see a new Woodland Brown and Green side by side you will notice the difference , this is more brownish green or greenish brown .
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster AWD launched at Rs. 11.89 lakh (pg. 15)-20141014_084440_1.jpg  

Renault Duster AWD launched at Rs. 11.89 lakh (pg. 15)-20141014_084521_1.jpg  

Renault Duster AWD launched at Rs. 11.89 lakh (pg. 15)-20141014_084541_1.jpg  

DriveTrain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 14:59   #302
BHPian

Just came back from a short test drive of the AWD. Clutch is very smooth on this one. About a year back I had taken the TD of 110ps Duster and I had back pain for two days. Then about two months back I took the TD of the 85ps. It was better but still on the heavier side compared to my DDIS. But this one is really smooth. Anyone who is in two minds about the hardness of clutch in a Duster should go check it out. Now you can get the best of both 85ps and 110ps in this AWD version. City drivability and power both. I was impressed.
human_wheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 17:13   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpusv View Post
On looking at the detailed specs and comparing with respective base grades, this is what I find.

Additions (Common to both RxL and RxZ)
2WD-Auto-Lock (4WD)
All Wheel Independent Suspension
Cruise Control
I was checking the specs in the Renault website and found that the Cruize Control is present only in the RxZ variant. Can someone confirm?

Last edited by bejoy : 14th October 2014 at 17:15.
Old 15th October 2014, 05:12   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Correct. Only the top end has all the bells and whistles
Old 15th October 2014, 07:15   #305
Team-BHP Support

Did Cruise-Control get added recently ? Because at launch of the 2WD Dsuter, there was no cruise control even on the top end variant as far as I know.
Old 15th October 2014, 08:19   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by human_wheels View Post
Just came back from a short test drive of the AWD. Now you can get the best of both 85ps and 110ps in this AWD version. City drivability and power both. I was impressed.
Absolutely agree on this. I test drove as well. The refinement is top notch, city driveability is awesome. All the additional beadings have added to a silent cabin, not to mention the slightly improved interiors.

I dont have a need for an AWD, but If all these improvements are provided in the regular versions, i would go pick one for myself immediately.
Old 15th October 2014, 11:57   #307
BHPian

The OEM speaker set up on the RXZ does not sound too bad at all , it is far from being good or best in class but for a OEM setup it is OK. Not sure whether this is revamped too , it is not mentioned anywhere. People taking a test drive might turn it up and comment , specially those who have experienced it in the earlier models , I had not.

It badly needs the electrically fold-able ORVMs , sadly these are not there.
A reverse camera should also have been in place for the price point
I upgraded from a Getz , I miss the dead pedal every minute !
The cabin is pretty quiet and silent.
The white and light yellow combination in the new instrument cluster looks great at night.
The controls on the steering where are only for the Speed limiter and Cruise Control , they do not control audio. Audio and Phone control is still behind the steering wheel at their old position. All 4 switches on the wheel proper have similar set of functions and toggle between Speed limiter or Cruise Control operations. Yet to get a chance to properly test it out.
Old 15th October 2014, 13:52   #308
BHPian

Mod Note: Team-BHP's Duster AWD report has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveTrain View Post
It badly needs the electrically fold-able ORVMs , sadly these are not there.
A reverse camera should also have been in place for the price point
I upgraded from a Getz , I miss the dead pedal every minute !
Totally agree..
What I really miss is an arm rest as well, with a central storage box underneath it - as found in the Scorpio. (The AWD costs more than the Scorpio S10 4wd!) A reverse camera and dead pedal is really expected in a car of this price range. Also I think a USB/Ipod input should be there inside the glove box.

The top model should also have an option for AT tyres. I am writing to Renault for that - let's see if they agree! Fingers crossed! I am hoping that mine will be delivered around Diwali!

Last edited by GTO : 17th October 2014 at 18:32. Reason: Linking to our review :)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed