Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2013, 22:54   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkrishnan4 View Post
Isn't the service frequency for i10 now 1 year. I bought my i10 in July 2012; the user manual had a label pasted over saying 'since apr 2012, the service frequency of Hyundai cars is 1 year'. In fact, my friend who bought a wagonR at the same time continues to have 6 month service frequency. So, the claim of high maintenance/service cost of Hyundai cars doesn't hold much water.
If true, why doesn't Hyundai officially announce this ? I get a call from them every six months oand religiously go and deposit my magnanimous donation - and the Kappa2 has surely not changed since 2011 !
Old 4th October 2013, 23:33   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 and its falling sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkrishnan4 View Post
; the user manual had a label pasted over saying 'since apr 2012, the service frequency of Hyundai cars is 1 year'. In fact, my friend who bought a wagonR at the same time continues to have 6 month service frequency. So, the claim of high maintenance/service cost of Hyundai cars doesn't hold much water.
What changes were made post april 2012 in order to increase service interval? I guess hyundai finally realised that their cars didn't need to visit service center so often. Thats it. Keeping aside the vague label that indicates change in service interval, it was a manufacturers recommendation that had to be followed before. Hence one had to follow six month intervals to keep warranty intact and to keep the car as advised by the mfr. But the case of a wagonR going for six month service is different. It is NOT recommended by the manufacturer. Hence, if the customer has not gone through the manual whivh clearly states this, and a money hungry service center, there's nothing much that can be done. Hence in this regard, there will be a difference in service costs. However it is good to note that Hyundai has finally changed to one year intervals for service. Just recently they changed from 6month/5k km interval to 6m/10k intervals and now we have this.
Old 5th October 2013, 20:42   #78
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 and its falling sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
If true, why doesn't Hyundai officially announce this ? I get a call from them every six months oand religiously go and deposit my magnanimous donation - and the Kappa2 has surely not changed since 2011 !
I'm attaching photo of my ownership manual cover which highlights the revised service interval; this seems to be applicable only for cars manufactured after Apr15, 2012. The service coupons inside the manual have the old frequency printed; but the dealer considers the revised interval for servicing. In my 1.5 yrs of ownership, I have completed 2 free services (2 months, 12 months) with 1 free service at 24 months pending.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 and its falling sales-i10serviceinterval.jpg  

arunkrishnan4 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks