- 4 Speakers
- Floor Mats
- New Seat Covers
- Left Side Mirror
Hero Puch is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 12:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Now A Limited Edition OMNI !!!!

This is actually a good strategy. What Maruti is offering as standard fitment on the OMNI Ltd are the basic accessories which a customer gets fitted at a dealer point.

Am sure these will not come to the dealership as factory fitted, instead Maruti will instruct the dealer to fit it before they sell (so that the dealer can also make some money).

The OMNI market, largely Tier 2/3/4cities, will appreciate this move.

Last edited by arjab : 23rd January 2013 at 12:39. Reason: corrected spelling errors
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 12:40   #3
BHPian

It still is the car that does not cost a fortune and can seat some 6-8 odd people. Kudos Maruti
rohit_dce is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 12:52   #4
Team-BHP Support

On a lighter note, I think this model itself should be Limited Edition. Omni fans please don't take it too seriously and shoot me - writing in jest.
Axe77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 12:59   #5
BHPian

I am disappoint. Hardly has the number of stickers I expected.

Hopefully these 'Limited Edition' features like a left RVM and floor mats can become standard - The Omni sells around of 5K units a month and it is indeed surprising it lacks these features. The Omni is primarily a people carrier/cargo mover and floor mats are a baic necessity. And how essential the left ORVM is on Indian roads needs no mention on this site
Old 23rd January 2013, 13:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

re: Now, a Limited Edition Maruti OMNI!!

Hope we get a LIMITED edition Omni soon which meets recent Passenger safety specs. This car DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE SOLD. Period.
frankmehta is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 13:45   #7
BHPian

Thank God they did not put some ridiculous stickers and name it "Omni Sports".
shivasuma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 13:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
On a lighter note, I think this model itself should be Limited Edition. Omni fans please don't take it too seriously and shoot me - writing in jest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Hope we get a LIMITED edition Omni soon which meets recent Passenger safety specs. This car DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE SOLD. Period.
I almost fell off my chair laughing, reading these 2 posts. Couldn't agree more with you guys.

I have actually given up on understanding where the actual problem resides:-

Is it that Mango People (Aam Junta) could care less about Safety & Design as long as it has "Maruti" stuck on it ??

OR
Maruti's Design Engineers could care less about the Design or Safety of their cars as they know "Maruti" sells in India !!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 23rd January 2013 at 13:52.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 14:01   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
I almost fell off my chair laughing, reading these 2 posts. Couldn't agree more with you guys.
Please guys dont be too harsh on Omni. It still has good market and suits indian requirement

1. Dont you agree Omni is anyday safer to ferry your school kids when compared to Autos ?
2. The amount of space this has on offer - If you have been to goa, you will notice that most of the cabs there are Omni
3. Look at the other options tier 2 city people have as people mover ? Tata Venture, Piagio Ape etc ? Omni is not that bad in comparision.
4. If i am not wrong, India's highest selling SUV, Bolero also doesnt have any great things to write about.
5. Typical small business men who need a single vehicle that is cost effective and helps carry the goods on weekdays and family on weekends - either have Omni or else Autos !!

Except some of the india specific Tata models, no body even dares to care for practical needs of people isnt it ? Maruti is doing a favor for many such indians by still manufacturing omni.

I wouldnt buy an OMNI today or in future. but there might be many who still love it for its practicality (And yes, you may not find such people on team-bhp, They may not have time for browsing)
rajshenoy is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 14:12   #10
BANNED

I expect Maruti to come up with an Omni, with blackened A, B and C pillars, 1L K-series engine, and wider tyres.
Attached Thumbnails
Now, a Limited Edition Maruti OMNI!!-car_model_omni.jpg  

Old 23rd January 2013, 14:26   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Please guys dont be too harsh on Omni. It still has good market and suits indian requirement

1. Dont you agree Omni is anyday safer to ferry your school kids when compared to Autos ?
I wouldn't say that after reading in today's TOI that a child was killed when a speeding van overturned in Delhi.

Maruti stop selling this car. Atleast have some degree of compassion for the people who have made you one of the richest business houses in the world.
Old 23rd January 2013, 14:40   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
I wouldn't say that after reading in today's TOI that a child was killed when a speeding van overturned in Delhi.

Maruti stop selling this car. Atleast have some degree of compassion for the people who have made you one of the richest business houses in the world.
And force people to send kids in Autos ? A child can get thrown out of an auto even without toppling.(and auto will topple even easily isnt it ?)

I completely agree that this car is not compliant to any safety standards. But then till the day we have Autos on roads, we will also need Omnis.

Who knows, next it could be Omni with single/two cylinder Diesel engine licensed by Fiat
Old 23rd January 2013, 14:42   #13
BHPian

Maruti are able to milk 5K units a month from an age old platform, why would they stop? Most Indians dont give 2 hoots about safety (surprising in the land of FD's and LIC policies) - especially when it comes to a price sensitive segment. The Omni still offers tremendous VFM to its buyers - spacious, economical to run and maintain, reliable and a good resale value. A prospective buyer of the Omni will not consider the lack of a crumple zone to be a deal breaker.
Old 23rd January 2013, 15:01   #14
BHPian

It beats me to think Maruti is advertising 'left side rear view mirror' as a new 'feature' in the limited edition. Its time to enact a law mandating basic safety features in every car sold.
veyron_head is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 15:37   #15
BHPian

Floor mats and rear view mirror as "features on Limited edition"

Maruti, give us that bare old rust bucket back, we don't want these fancy features. If you want to add any features and make this a limited edition, add some soft impact absorbing material on the upper half of the windscreen so drivers can die comfortable in a crash, give some extra grab handles so school going children can hold on to their lives in more ways than one and so on. Think out of the box!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks