Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2013, 11:11   #16
BHPian

Re: Diesel Hatchback Ready Reckoner (Price, Specs, Features etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
Though in the fine print it is mentioned that 24 months is standard warranty & additional 26 months is offered by a third party - but the consumer did get 50 months warranty at the end of the day 'without' having to shell out extra.
That is true, but then I have noticed the same type of "combo" offered by various other manufacturers too time to time as part of some schemes. And the clauses of that additional extended warranty are different then standard warranty so it shouldn't be taken as a complete warranty even if it is offered as a combo package.

Quote:
With 24 months warranty, the Liva & Sail U-VA better it as they offer a 36 month warranty, but the Unlimited Mileage warranty offered by FIAT for the Punto, is still the best in the cars being compared in this comparison - though it is highly unlikely that anyone will manage doing 1,50,000 kms in two years, but it reaffirms the manufacturer's commitment and confidence in their product.
Chevy's warranty and service packages have always been practical and benchmarks. Wish other manufacturers could also have offered packages like them. And as you also mentioned, its highly unlikely that anyone clocks more than 100K kms in 2 years so even if it looks a better deal in while talking numbers, it still not practical.

IMO a standard warranty of 3years/50K kms (if exists) is far more practical and sensible compared to 2years/100K kms but manufacturers know the risk involved in that and they don't offer such warranty.
Old 27th February 2013, 12:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Diesel Hatchback Ready Reckoner (Price, Specs, Features etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
As mentioned in my first post, following is the comparison of higher variants of diesel hatchbacks in the Rs 6-7 lakhs price range (approx ex-showroom cost Delhi)

ABS is standard in all cars except the Micra

*It is to be noted that i20 has both front airbags in its Asta variant which is considerably more expensive than the cars being compared in this comparison. i20’s Asta (O) variant even has side & curtain airbags – the only car in its segment to have 6 airbags
Great compilation and comparison of all the cars. Couple of things I would like to point out:

-- The i20 Sportz version has only the rear defogger. It does not have the rear wash/wipe. That is present only in Asta

-- The i20 Sportz, in addition to ABS comes with EBD as well. Also I think its the only hatchback which has all wheel discs and also has the auto wiper feature (dont know how useful this feature is though )
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks