Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2013, 16:31   #1
BHPian

2013 India plans for Nissan. Micra CVT, Sunny CVT, compact SUV and Datsun announced

Mod Note : The Nissan Micra Facelift Review is live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

IAB reports that Nissan has confirmed that it will launch the following models for FY2013 in a press conference:

Quote:
  • Nissan Micra CVT – Nissan makes the Micra for about 81 overseas markets at its plant in Chennai and the demand in most of these markets is for the automatic transmission. We expect to see the X-Tronic CVT unit from the Scala carried over to the Micra. Nissan did not specifically mention about the low-cost ‘Active’ variant that we’ve seen testing, in the product chart.
  • Nissan Sunny CVT – The plant workers have to change the badges, wheels and bumpers of the Scala CVT, and they’d arrive at the Sunny CVT! Jokes apart, the Sunny CVT is an important inclusion, it may not be the volumes spinner, but nevertheless this is an addition they cannot neglect, especially in metros.
  • Nissan compact SUV – Nissan officials refused to identify this model, but said there’s heavy customer demand for an SUV. Nissan India’s Managing Director Mr. Takayuki Ishida said there is a range of SUV models in the international lineup that can also be explored for the Indian market, and that no plans are frozen. Our sources however have a different version – they say the Renault Duster, with styling similar to the X-Trail, is ready to explore the booming SUV market in India by September.
  • Datsun – The Datsun brand will start off with two products in the first year, but Nissan officials wouldn’t describe the design or style. We know through sources that a Micra-based compact car, and a smaller offering (in the A-Entry segment) are at the starting gate. Both these products are developed by Indian engineers at RNTBCI (Renault-Nissan Technical and Business development Center India) near the Renault-Nissan Alliance plant in Oragadam, Chennai.
2013 India plans for Nissan. Micra CVT, Sunny CVT, compact SUV and Datsun announced-nissanindiamodelplansforfy2013.jpg

Mods: Please merge with any existing thread if required. Thanks

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/02/n...for-2013-62076

Last edited by GTO : 3rd July 2013 at 13:00. Reason: Adding link to official review
sarthakgupta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2013, 17:47   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2013 India plans for Nissan. Micra CVT, Sunny CVT, compact SUV and Datsun announc

Micra CVT would be interesting to watch. Really need to see if it can create
any flutter in the increasingly required AT segment.
Old 1st February 2013, 17:59   #3
BHPian

Re: 2013 India plans for Nissan. Micra CVT, Sunny CVT, compact SUV and Datsun announc

Nissan compact SUV! Sounds like a re-badged Nissan Duster is on the cards.
Interesting to see if the price of this will be lesser than the current Renault Duster, as Nissan products are generally bit cheaper than their Renault counterparts.
Caffeinated is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2013, 18:41   #4
BHPian

Micra & Sunny CVT I guess will be Petrol only.

Any news of Diesel AT, specially for Micra.
Old 1st February 2013, 19:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

Looking forward to the Micra 1.2 CVT.

With the Scala putting out impressive FE numbers, the Micra will only raise the bar further and hopefully finally erase the FE penalty that A/Ts suffer from.
Old 1st February 2013, 23:54   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

I am so surprised that no one wants to take the first mover advantage with a diesel Auto in sub 10L segments. At least Nissan can do it as they are doing just about numbers for some of their products. A Diesel AT can very much give them the boost for their otherwise average products. Renault-Nissan has the added advantage of cost / product sharing which will justify easier break evens I guess.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 07:52   #7
Team-BHP Support

The news is there now on ACI as well.

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/330...a-by-2016.aspx

But what surprises me is the fact about Nissan's compact SUV. The claim is the Nissan version of Duster would not just be a re-spin. There is going to be a significant sheet metal changes as well. Its a positive development no doubt. Bu then, how can they balance this step along with selling the version cheaper than the Duster?

And if they achieve that, how will Renault swallow that pill?
Old 4th February 2013, 21:05   #8

Eagerly waiting for the Nissan Sunny AT.

I got a quote of 11.48 lacs OTR (Chennai) for the Renault Scala AT. Isnt this priced beyond City and Verna?

I hope the Sunny AT will be substantially lower and launched soon.

After visiting the Nissan and Renault showrooms back to back in Chennai, I got the feeling that Nissan was the keener of the two in wanting to make the sale; (sales person was friendly, provided more information, set-up a followup date, quickly arranged an exchange price for my existing Santro) Renault was a more matter-of-fact experience. Not sure if it was just these 2 dealerships or others have felt something similar across various cities.

Here's another report on the Nissan new launches.
Old 17th March 2013, 08:48   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I am so surprised that no one wants to take the first mover advantage with a diesel Auto in sub 10L segments. At least Nissan can do it as they are doing just about numbers for some of their products. A Diesel AT can very much give them the boost for their otherwise average products. Renault-Nissan has the added advantage of cost / product sharing which will justify easier break evens I guess.
+ Easier maintainence. The Sunny AT has been already launched but only in a petrol avatar. Can't figure out why these are not bringing a Diesel AT. It will enhance the reputation for AT cars.Plus it's running on our national fuel,Diesel ! so we can expect good FE as well. The Verna with it's bare basic 4 speed AT is not worth the takers. The Fiesta has the best gearbox in the segment. The DSG is worth that money but a diesel variant would have justified the price. I completely agree with you SwiftnFurious. The Sunny would have put other manufacturers to shame if they had launched the Sunny dCi AT. Hope they bring a diesel Sunny AT soon.

Cheers,

Achyuth
Old 17th March 2013, 09:24   #10
Team-BHP Support

I find Micra CVT and Datsun range to be interesting propositions.

Renault - Nissan, if you are reading this - Bring back Logan through Datsun brand. This way - you can fully utilise its potential (Taxi market took a huge liking for this car!) without having to look at brand image.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Looking forward to the Micra 1.2 CVT.

With the Scala putting out impressive FE numbers, the Micra will only raise the bar further and hopefully finally erase the FE penalty that A/Ts suffer from.
Plus it will have the famous sports mode 'button'. Last bangalore meet - we had quite a lot of fun with that! Vidyut can explain better.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2013, 13:28   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan to Launch 4 Products This Year Starting July 2013!

Out of these 4 new models, two will be variants of existing cars and one will be a Datsun branded car. The fourth is still not clear!

http://motorbash.com/nissan-to-launc...duster-anyone/
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks