Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2013, 18:28   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW X1 facelift coming in on Valentines day

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I would appreciate if you could find a related pic. As far as i knew, Corona rings were not offered with reflectors.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ion-joy-4.html

Here go through this, or any other 320d CE report. Give me some credit
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2013, 18:32   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ion-joy-4.html

Here go through this, or any other 320d CE report. Give me some credit
Learnt something new! Wonder why they stopped offering Corona Rings on halogen lamps now?

You happy with your credit now?
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2013, 19:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
The discounts made it nice and affordable , but the steering was just too hard to make the X1 a practical choice. With the new servotronic, X1 should definitely be much easier to live with!
I wouldn't say the steering was a deal breaker in the earlier model. It is liveable, it feels too hard only when you compare with other cars.
Old 14th February 2013, 19:58   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
No, the ex-showroom price listed doesn't include secure or service. The spec sheet is to be interpreted as "you can buy secure on this car at an extra cost"

Not sure about the roadside assistance.
This makes the car around 10-15% more expensive than the outgoing model, so certainly not much of a steal. Roadside assistance should be a boon with the RFTs. The spec sheet is a typical pizza place local-taxes-extra job.

Quote:

The ex showroom price doesn't include service packages and secure. Secure is basically an insurance top up, it covers the part the owner would have to pay in case of an insurance claim. Basically the amount that the insurance doesn't cover. You just pay a processing fee of 1500 or so. It also covers 4 tyre replacements a year free.

But if you buy zero dep insurance, its almost as good as secure besides the tyre coverage.
The four free tyres during the time the package is valid should be a good deal, lot of owners use atleast 2 a year. The top-end package where the entire car is replaced in case of total loss is worthwhile, heard of a case where a car was written off after the doors opened automatically when the flood water reached the door handle level. The owner wasn't at home and the car basically destroyed itself, he got a full replacement (new 5 series) though.
Old 14th February 2013, 20:34   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
The four free tyres during the time the package is valid should be a good deal, lot of owners use atleast 2 a year. The top-end package where the entire car is replaced in case of total loss is worthwhile, heard of a case where a car was written off after the doors opened automatically when the flood water reached the door handle level. The owner wasn't at home and the car basically destroyed itself, he got a full replacement (new 5 series) though.
Its 4 free tyres a year without affecting the Secure no claim bonus. But again the tyres are on a pro rata basis, meaning depending on the wear you may have to pay a certain sum. The car is replaced in case of a total loss only in the first year.
Old 14th February 2013, 22:56   #36
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Also it does get servotronic now, so the steering will be almost as light as a Skodas. This is going to be one of the biggest plus points of the facelift, and will certainly increase sales.will make a strong case for itself against the Q3.
Is this also an electro mechanical speed sensitive power steering like the Skodas have?
Old 14th February 2013, 23:00   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Is this also an electro mechanical speed sensitive power steering like the Skodas have?
Yes indeed. It is an electro-mechanical unit similar to Skoda. More details:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_steering#Servotronic

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/t...rvotronic.html
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2013, 23:21   #38
BHPian

I don't know why everyone (websites and forums) is raving about the fantastic pricing of the car. The OTR of the car in Mumbai should touch or cross 32lakhs for the base version. I just booked mine (the older model) for 23.5lakhs OTR. Agreed the steering and transmission is better, but with hardly any visual differentiation, it seems an awfully lot of money to pay for the new model. I don't think it would be long before BMW starts discounting on the new X1 as well.
mohandasnikhil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2013, 07:59   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil View Post
I don't know why everyone (websites and forums) is raving about the fantastic pricing of the car. The OTR of the car in Mumbai should touch or cross 32lakhs for the base version. I just booked mine (the older model) for 23.5lakhs OTR. Agreed the steering and transmission is better, but with hardly any visual differentiation, it seems an awfully lot of money to pay for the new model. I don't think it would be long before BMW starts discounting on the new X1 as well.
Yeah, the pricing actually is quite steep. Probably it looks decent compared to the competition (e.g.; Audi Q3).
23.5 lakhs for the pre-facelift model is actually fantastic. Effectively, close to 10 lakhs margin for an updated gearbox /steering + some minor visual updates.

Interesting to see what Volvo can bring into this segment with the V40 Cross Country
Old 15th February 2013, 10:10   #40
Senior - BHPian

re: BMW X1 facelift coming in on Valentines day. EDIT: Launched at 27.9 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil View Post
Thats a fantastic price. Would you mind letting me know what was the ex-showroom price you got it for? I took delivery of mine from Bangalore last month at 22 L ex showroom. Wanted to know if they have again dropped the price for clearing the stocks?
Old 15th February 2013, 10:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its 4 free tyres a year without affecting the Secure no claim bonus. But again the tyres are on a pro rata basis, meaning depending on the wear you may have to pay a certain sum. The car is replaced in case of a total loss only in the first year.
The sales pitch is/was quite different, the potential buyers were told that the car would be replaced if a total loss happened in 3/5 years, in case they had the BMW package(I don't know the exact name). Also, instead of pro-rata, the explanation was that "secure covers any damage to the tyres so RFT is not a problem ".

A lot of people, including me believe the car replacement pitch, guess there is no such thing as a free lunch.
Old 15th February 2013, 10:41   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
The sales pitch is/was quite different, the potential buyers were told that the car would be replaced if a total loss happened in 3/5 years, in case they had the BMW package(I don't know the exact name). Also, instead of pro-rata, the explanation was that "secure covers any damage to the tyres so RFT is not a problem ".

A lot of people, including me believe the car replacement pitch, guess there is no such thing as a free lunch.
Yes for some reason the sales people forget to mention the details. Always better to ask for some documentation and go through it properly. In my case they threw in Secure for free, so kept it for the first year. But then I switched my RFTs to tubeless, and just got normal Zero Dep Insurance from HDFC in my second year, saving a lot of money.
Old 15th February 2013, 12:23   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes for some reason the sales people forget to mention the details. Always better to ask for some documentation and go through it properly. In my case they threw in Secure for free, so kept it for the first year. But then I switched my RFTs to tubeless, and just got normal Zero Dep Insurance from HDFC in my second year, saving a lot of money.
One "minor" advantage of Secure is that everything is BMW's headache to deal with the claim. You get to shout at BMW if issues crop up. If you go with 3rd party insurance, it is your responsibility to make sure your insurer is providing the coverage. If you already have a good experience with your 3rd party insurer then things will be smooth. Those who have experience with actual "claiming" would know that devil is in the details and insurance typically has a lot of small print.

It is similar to employer provided health-insurance vs self-purchased insurance. Typically you are treated well if you have employer provided insurance because the insurance company doesn't want to mess with your employer as they could lose a major account. As a consumer, you get much better results by complaining to your employer than directly dealing with insurance company. Another analogy is how you can buy warranty in the US - both from the company as well as from 3rd parties. They look equivalent on paper but the company provided one relatively hassle free if some claim situation arises. Hope that made any sense!!!

I am not recommending Secure btw. Just bringing up a point that is often overlooked.
androdev is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 14:30   #44
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW X1 facelift coming in on Valentines day. EDIT: Launched at 27.9 Lakhs

The ACI has gone in for the detailed review on the facelift which they summarize as;

Quote:
Overall, the X1 has definitely moved upmarket. BMW has carefully looked at what was lacking in the X1 and addressed those issues pretty comprehensively. It is now a worthy competitor to its only rival in India, the Audi Q3.
More here: http://www.autocarindia.com/Review/3...and-video.aspx
Old 17th February 2013, 18:10   #45
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW X1 facelift coming in on Valentines day. EDIT: Launched at 27.9 Lakhs

Interesting, in-spite of the switch to electro-mechanical steering, seems to be pretty heavy at parking speeds.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks