Team-BHP - How do AC's compare
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   How do AC's compare (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/13252-how-do-acs-compare.html)

hi how do the Ac's compare for the various cars on the road. Do any of them give good air distribution for the rear seat passengers? This is one of my sore points with petra, which does not give very good cooling for rear seat passengers. Can anything be done about it.

:)

Baleno has great AC both for front and rear.

in honda city AC ducts are provided near the legrest of the rear seats to improve air supply to the rear.....try if this kind of alteration is possible in your car.

ford fiesta1.6 ac is great good cooling overall and that too in this summer heat:Cheering:

Swift's Ac provides good cooling to the rear seat passengers in Chennai summer without any sun film...

Quote:

Originally Posted by shbhrao
hi how do the Ac's compare for the various cars on the road. Do any of them give good air distribution for the rear seat passengers? This is one of my sore points with petra, which does not give very good cooling for rear seat passengers. Can anything be done about it.

:)

Can you go to service centre and check if the blower (fan) is working fine.
I also own a petra and I am pretty satisfied with the AC performance. my father who usually sits at rear sometimes ask me to switch off AC or slow down the blower.

Cheers

if cooling at front seats is good than the 'throw' of blower has to be checked.
else get whole AC serviced!

http://www.indiacar.com/infobank/aircontest.htm may be a good starting point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatDrive
Can you go to service centre and check if the blower (fan) is working fine.
I also own a petra and I am pretty satisfied with the AC performance. my father who usually sits at rear sometimes ask me to switch off AC or slow down the blower.

Cheers

Thanks, if that does the trick I'll be very happy:)
cheers

Do you have film or tinted glasses in your Petra ?

Bcoz if you are talking about cooling at the rear in our afternoon summer lot of heat radiates via glasses which can render any A/C ineffective until or unless you have a provision for air ducts at the back too like someone mentioned in the Honda city.

OR other alternative is too keep the blower speed to max for good 5 mins and then lower the fan speed.

I am very happy with my Aveo's A/C cooling in the peak noon summer of Delhi.

Cheers.

Indica's a/c is pretty good, infact I dont have to put the a/c on speeds more than 1 or 2 ever....Though I am not sure if its great in the rear seat as I never sit there :s

:OT
The AC per se in the Getz is satisfactory. Having said that, the complaint is the peppy ness of the car decreases a lot the moment I switch on the AC. Throwing the AC (to off) switch is like giving a nitro boost to the car.

Is this the same behaviour with the others?

Use recirculating mode 90% of the times to improve cooling efficiency. On long drives I switch to non-recirculating mode once an hour for about 5 mins and then switch back to recirculating. I always keep the blower speed at 1 or 2.
Remember to switch to fresh air every now and then to avoid breathing stale air.

Well, Petra's AC is good enough, If you have a problem / dis-satisfaction that it does not cool back seats, follow the suggestions in this thread..

1. Check the blower performance,
2. In summer, you tend to complain because of radiated heat through the wondows, get a good tint films they help a lot to reduce radiation inside..

3. With all this, Petra has a flaw in the AC(blower) by design. The vents are located too low, below the music system, and the hence the throw is more for the front passengers and front passengers will be blocking the air throw for the rear ones. So it does happen, front guys will bew freezing and those in the rear grillinglol: . Try keeping the throw direction upwards, helps sometimes

Quote:

Originally Posted by askulkarni
:OT
The AC per se in the Getz is satisfactory. Having said that, the complaint is the peppy ness of the car decreases a lot the moment I switch on the AC. Throwing the AC (to off) switch is like giving a nitro boost to the car.

Is this the same behaviour with the others?

agree: Yup, makes the zen fel like it has NOS when you switch off the ac.....ok not Nos but a few extra bhp!

this should give a better perspective