Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2013, 17:36   #331
BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha on sale again. Launched @ 6.25 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaniac View Post
I am talking about fetching the plastic parts from the track and putting it back.
Why do you even want to take the plastics to the track man? It is REMOVABLE. Take it off & fit proper offroad bumpers or nothing at all. All we need from this truck is its solid mechanicals. For everything else, there are solutions. True, its sad they chose this ugliness but its happy we got ways to fix it.
SandyX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 22:43   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
Why do you even want to take the plastics to the track man? It is REMOVABLE. Take it off & fit proper offroad bumpers or nothing at all. All we need from this truck is its solid mechanicals. For everything else, there are solutions. True, its sad they chose this ugliness but its happy we got ways to fix it.
I agree I can remove those parts and add in the aftermarket stuff that's available! Wait.. now does that mean all the money that am paying for the plastic stuff is a waste? Why add it anyways? Does all the accessories come cheap? Is asking for a robust vehicle too much to ask for?

If this vehicle is in the Line for a competition with the Thar.. Thar wins in the looks department hands down.. fm has failed miserably (just my opinion,no offence to anyone)

I wouldn't buy a brand new vehicle just to strip it naked.. and add in the mods. What do I do with the removed plastic parts !?

I was eagerly waiting for a vehicle other than the Mahindra to launch it.. and when they did,what an eye sore..
Old 3rd September 2013, 08:18   #333
BHPian

Quote:
I agree I can remove those parts and add in the aftermarket stuff that's available! Wait.. now does that mean all the money that am paying for the plastic stuff is a waste? Why add it anyways? Does all the accessories come cheap? Is asking for a robust vehicle too much to ask for?

If this vehicle is in the Line for a competition with the Thar.. Thar wins in the looks department hands down.. fm has failed miserably (just my opinion,no offence to anyone)

I wouldn't buy a brand new vehicle just to strip it naked.. and add in the mods. What do I do with the removed plastic parts !?

I was eagerly waiting for a vehicle other than the Mahindra to launch it.. and when they did,what an eye sore..
Yes, you are asking for way too much from FM. Thats not the way it works with this company. If anyone is not the kind who don't tinker much with something new, this wont be their plate. Heck, even FM is least interested to sell this thing or anything at all.

Regarding what to do with the plastics you unfortunately had to pay for, you can do umpteen things with that, limited only by your creativity. Just keep it away from the truck thats all.
SandyX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2014, 23:55   #334
BHPian

I went to a force motors dealer Siddharth Force on Mumbai-Bangalore highway at Tathavade in pune asking for Force gurkha test drive.
The dealer told me that Force gurkha is now not available and an updated version will be launched on Feb 22. Test drives will be available after 1st March.
Old 17th February 2014, 08:01   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antariksh View Post
I went to a force motors dealer Siddharth Force on Mumbai-Bangalore highway at Tathavade in pune asking for Force gurkha test drive.
The dealer told me that Force gurkha is now not available and an updated version will be launched on Feb 22. Test drives will be available after 1st March.
Welcome to the rheoterical club. I asked the Delhi Force Dealer in November, he said the car would be available in December and TD would commence from 1st January.

Then I called in December, he said the car would be available in January and TD would commence from 1st February.

Then I called in January (fill in the months).

Then I called in February.

Oh yeah, he does take my contact details everytime. I also filled up my contact details some 3 times on the Gurkha FB page. No one ever called back.

Last edited by predatorwheelz : 17th February 2014 at 08:06.
predatorwheelz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 11:14   #336
Senior - BHPian

Force Gurkha 4X4X4 has been spotted testing by Motorbeam, & it is speculated that it could be the BS4 version of the SUV, which is till date available in BS3 version. Here is the pic:

Force Gurkha on sale again. Launched @ 6.25 Lakhs-500x380x2014forcegurkhaspyshot.jpg.pagespeed.ic.4hmuvwqkh.jpg
Old 18th March 2014, 12:42   #337
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Force Gurkha 4X4X4 has been spotted testing by Motorbeam, & it is speculated that it could be the BS4 version of the SUV, which is till date available in BS3 version. Here is the pic:

Attachment 1221026
They keep testing a vehicle they never launch. Come to think of it, I love this company.
In this age of cut-throat competition and ambition when everyone is running around to keep up with pace and rigor of daily life, I sometimes wonder what these guys are smoking

Cheers,
Adi
AVR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 12:56   #338
Team-BHP Support

I think they are happy minting money by assembly Mercs in India. I am told they make the S-Class too (CKD I guess?).
So the gurkha thingy is like a time pass hobby stuff for them.
Tempo traveler does good business so commercial is covered.
Money comes from Merc - good business

So Gurkha.. what Gurkha
tsk1979 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 13:44   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
So the gurkha thingy is like a time pass hobby stuff for them.
If that's the case, then they should hand over the whole project to engg and MBA college interns. I am sure they would do a better job than the incumbents.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 18th March 2014, 14:21   #340
BHPian

Quote:

Not sure if my reply still applies, but my two cents.

When you are buying a niche vehicle for its performance capabilities, IMHO the write-off for the plastic parts is the smallest thing one should be worried about.

The front Bezel from the old Gurkha/Trax would be avble from spares stock the Front metal bumper together in all would not cost more than 15-20K. on a 9L Priced vehicle the overall increase is 2.22% only.

Makes sense ... appealing
shivshanker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 15:22   #341
Senior - BHPian

My point might be OT but relevant here; I still do not understand, why did they discontinue the Judo? It was a nice vehicle, Come to think of it, Gurkha is no different than a Judo (if we add 2 more doors to it and some proper seating).

It was one heck of a superb suv (in those days); If I had to choose between a Sumo DLX and Judo DLX, my pick would have been Judo for its looks and reliability.

I do not understand how do Force Personal Vehicle Dealer make a living.
Old 18th March 2014, 15:35   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
My point might be OT but relevant here; I still do not understand, why did they discontinue the Judo? It was a nice vehicle, Come to think of it, Gurkha is no different than a Judo (if we add 2 more doors to it and some proper seating).

It was one heck of a superb suv (in those days); If I had to choose between a Sumo DLX and Judo DLX, my pick would have been Judo for its looks and reliability.

I do not understand how do Force Personal Vehicle Dealer make a living.
my guess is .. inline with the Automobile industry Force Dealers also do not make much on the sale of a new vehicle. Commission on a new vehicle is hardly 3-3/5% these days. (is my guess). I think the dealers are making their money from the servicing and after .

Sometime in 2008-2009 when I was seriously bitten by the Gurkha bug .. I spent a long time with the dealer in Navi Mumbai.

The money is in servicing and charge back to the company for warranty repairs is big business I was told. This dealer had around 3-4 bays which were operational and fully occupied whenever I used to go to his showroom.

These guys make their money from all angles, oil, spares, charge back etc .etc.
Old 18th March 2014, 17:14   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
The Judo came with different axles, and no diff locks. There are other mechanical changes too.
Old 18th March 2014, 21:20   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Once they are done testing this, they will start testing the 6x6x6 BSV version of it & then 7x7x7 BSVI version. Anyone waiting for the Gurkha will eventually grow old and move to diapers and Celerio automatic...
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 19:31   #345
BHPian

Could someone please educate me how I can buy a vehicle from these people?

Looking forward to this vehicle from the 2013 announcement. Reading threads where there is a word 'Gurkha' mentioned.

I have been calling the dealer nearby to know the current status. Whenever I call them, the conversation goes like this.

Customer : Force Dealer?
Sales : Yes Sir. How can I help?
Customer : I am looking for a Gurkha.
Sales : Gurkha?
Customer : Force Gurkha, the 4x4 machine you have.
Sales : Okay!
Customer : I am planning to buy one. Can you help me?
Sales : Sir, we dont have a test vehicle.
Customer : Thats fine. I dont need a test drive. Shall I come to your dealership for a booking?
Sales : One minute sir. (After 30-45 seconds) Sir, we are not taking the booking currently.
Customer : Okay. Any idea when I can get one?
Sales : Sir, we will be having a demo vehicle next month. We shall contact you as soon as it hits the showroom. Phone number?
Customer : Thats fine. I shall contact you next month.
Sales : Thank You Sir.

Note : You need to call them 3 times at least. I was not lucky enough to get an answer in the first 2 attempts.

This is happening for about 6 months now. I will never complain about the dealer. After all they are dealing with this company.

By the way, I never saw one in person yet. Had enough experience with other Force vehicles like TRAX. May be the respect one feels towards this vehicle is the reason why I am still waiting.

I am afraid by the time they make it available to a customer, the price needs to be revisited. After all it is announced one year back!
novice29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed