Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2013, 20:06   #316
BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha on sale again. Launched @ 6.25 Lakhs

Since joining I haven't posted much on the forum really. Partially due to my extensive travel for work and partially my laziness. But always lurked around and read the threads I wanted to - specially the 4x4 sections.

Anyway, coming to the point - I am interested in buying a capable 4x4. My options are either the Gurkha or Thar. I have test driven the Thar already. Today I went to the Force Motors showroom on Hosur road. It took me nearly an hour as I stay in Hennur, which is practically the other side of the city.

The salesperson wouldn't let me test drive it ON ROAD as apparently they have 'strict' instructions from Pune not to allow this. He tells me that an off road track is being readied in Krishnagiri near the KA/TN border and we will be able get the test drive there once it is ready by next month.

I told him I have read enough reviews and seen enough online videos to know the off road capabilities of this vehicle. What I am interested in is the road manners as this would be my primary vehicle after I sell my A Star. All he said was sorry we cannot have a test drive on the road.

So want to check with some of the people here with contacts within Force Motors - mohan, roy_libran etc. - if you can share any email Ids of the Force management to whom I could write to and complain about this pathetic customer service. I have searched online but could not find any relevant ID. I just want to ask them if they are really interested in selling this vehicle to prospective customers or if it has been launched just to showcase the 'Mercedes derived/borrowed' capabilities of Force Motors.
Old 23rd June 2013, 12:32   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom666 View Post

The salesperson wouldn't let me test drive it ON ROAD as apparently they have 'strict' instructions from Pune not to allow this.
This just the beginning. Just imagine when you go back to them to resolve any problems with the vehicle. What kind of policy doesn't allow a customer to test the vehicle on road. Tell them that you plan to use the vehicle on road also..
4x4addict is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 11:08   #318
BHPian

Regarding the 4x4x4, This is interesting.........
4WD x 4 TERRAINS X 4 SEASONS. It is a literal 4X4 though. Advertising gimmicks!
Old 28th June 2013, 15:20   #319
BHPian

Quote:

The salesperson wouldn't let me test drive it ON ROAD as apparently they have 'strict' instructions from Pune not to allow this. He tells me that an off road track is being readied in Krishnagiri near the KA/TN border and we will be able get the test drive there once it is ready by next month.

I had written to some generic email ID I found online for Force Motors & mentioned in the beginning of the email that the email should be forwarded to the Sales/Marketing Director.

Got a reply after 2 days from the Bangalore dealer. Wants to have my number and address to get the vehicle home for a test drive

So things are changing a bit I must say, even though its nothing much as compared to customer service of the other car companies in India, atleast something to start with.
vroom666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2013, 16:05   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
...but any Idea what "4X4X4" stands for ?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharc_biker View Post
4X4X4?....
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I was told:

4x4x4 = "4 Wheels" x "4 Driven Wheels" x "4 Individually Driven Wheels (Separate Lockers)"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
I read somewhere that the 4x4x4 indicates it's a 4x4 meant for "4 seasons"

Reg. 4X4X4

Please check the below post...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3042408
Old 2nd July 2013, 14:57   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Gurkha comes with three stickers.

4x4x4 = 4 Wheel drive with front and rear diffs locked.
4x4x2 = 4 Wheel drive with only front diff or rear diff locked

Once you engage diff locks, you need to change the sticker. It can be done from a small opening on the trip like you change bus route boards from the inside.
HAHAHAHHA !

I am sure the company might take this suggestion rather than give up the 4x4x4 tag or be Customer friendly OR change the front grill OR give customers an actual test drive OR..
Old 5th August 2013, 14:12   #322
BHPian

Quote:
I had written to some generic email ID I found online for Force Motors & mentioned in the beginning of the email that the email should be forwarded to the Sales/Marketing Director.

Got a reply after 2 days from the Bangalore dealer. Wants to have my number and address to get the vehicle home for a test drive

So things are changing a bit I must say, even though its nothing much as compared to customer service of the other car companies in India, atleast something to start with.
were you able to get a test drive at bangalore?

Couple of days back, I called up Khivraj force motors at hosur road for a test drive. They said they don't have a vehicle at the moment, not even on display. I too wanted a test drive on normal tarmac.

They said they were expecting it to be available by july end, but due to delays, they're getting it only after another 15-20 days.

On a different forum, I read about a guy cancelling his order because he had to wait so long for the delivery which kept being pushed to a later date. It seems they are making some updates on the vehicle and that could be the cause of the delay.
Old 6th August 2013, 14:10   #323
BANNED

For all perspective Gurkha (4X4X4 ) buyers, check this link: http://www.carazoo.com/newcars/testd...rkha/bangalore
Might be helpful. I'm filling this form, lets give it a try !
Old 13th August 2013, 15:25   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by datvichrox2 View Post
were you able to get a test drive at bangalore?
Nope. I called the manager when he shared his number on email. But he apparently was busy and never called back.

As 4x4 Addict said earlier -- if this is the service before I buy the vehicle, imagine what will happen later ...

I was out of the country on work but am back again now and will most probably pick a used Gypsy for my needs.
vroom666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 12:16   #325
Senior - BHPian

BS4 versions of the Force Gurkha and One EX SUVs in the works

Link to News Section

Earlier this year, Force Motors launched the Gurkha off-roader powered by the OM616 turbo diesel engine, which is only BS3 emission norms compliant. This means that the Gurkha cannot be registered in the bigger cities of India, most of which have migrated to BS4 emission norms. The lack of BS4 market access has been stinging Force Motors, considering the fact that the Gurkha's direct competitor, the Mahindra Thar, is available in BS3 and BS4 guises.

Force Gurkha on sale again. Launched @ 6.25 Lakhs-2013-force-gurkha-suv-1.jpg

During the launch of the Gurkha, Force Motors did indicate that a BS4 version was in the works. Now, additional details of the same have emerged onto Twitter. Mr Rohin Nagrani, a senior editor at Motoring, has tweeted that the OM 616 direct injection turbo diesel engine is all set to adopt the common rail route. Armed with common rail direct injection (CRDI) technology, the OM616 engine with Mercedes Benz origins, will meet BS4 emission norms.

Force Gurkha on sale again. Launched @ 6.25 Lakhs-2013-force-gurkha-suv-2.jpg

Force Motors is said to be developing the BS4 version of the OM616 diesel engine in various states of tune, ranging between 80 PS and 100 PS. This engine will not only be used on the Gurkha, but will also make it into the engine bay of the cut-price Force One EX SUV. The first Force Motors SUVs featuring the BS4 OM616 turbo diesel engine are expected to roll out from the first quarter of 2014.

Force Gurkha on sale again. Launched @ 6.25 Lakhs-2013-force-one-suv-1.jpg

The addition of the BS4 version of the OM616 engine to the likes of the Gurkha and the Force One SUV is likely to boost sales of both these SUV models. Also, the BS4 version of the OM616 engine is expected to greatly solve the availability issue that currently plagues the Gurkha. Notably, the Force Gurkha and the Force One SUV are the only two products that Force Motors sells through its recently established chain of dealerships that exclusively sell passenger cars.

Force Gurkha on sale again. Launched @ 6.25 Lakhs-2013-force-one-suv-2.jpg

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 2nd September 2013 at 12:18. Reason: News Link Added
JayPrashanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 15:11   #326
BHPian

Chee! what an ugly looking off roader! the plastics and the ugly paint has to go off when one decides to buy this thing or whatever it is supposed to be. Yuckk..
Old 2nd September 2013, 15:40   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaniac View Post
Chee! what an ugly looking off roader! the plastics and the ugly paint has to go off when one decides to buy this thing or whatever it is supposed to be. Yuckk..
Granted that those plastic bikinis are horrendous, but since when does an off-road vehicle have to be sleek and sexy?
This gets the job done like no other.
Old 2nd September 2013, 16:07   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaniac View Post
From the photos I too though the same. But strangely, when I saw it in person, it looked good in matte black color - except for the over-stylised bumpers

The sales guy at the Coimbatore showroom was saying that there is an improvement planned for the steering system before the vehicle is made available in the market
Old 2nd September 2013, 16:15   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Granted that those plastic bikinis are horrendous, but since when does an off-road vehicle have to be sleek and sexy?
This gets the job done like no other.
I never meant that an off roader needs to be sleek and sexy.. but that also does not mean that an extreme off roader like this needs to come with plastic tit bits to woo the eye. It shows that Fm has not done their homework at all on the design part.

The places we go.. the plastic cladding will not last for not more than 30 minutes.

Of course it gets the job done. It is a capable off roader, no doubt. I am not talking about reliability here. I am talking about fetching the plastic parts from the track and putting it back.

No offense meant to anyone here.

Last edited by yamaniac : 2nd September 2013 at 16:18. Reason: typo
yamaniac is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 17:10   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
From the photos I too though the same. But strangely, when I saw it in person, it looked good in matte black color - except for the over-stylised bumpers

The sales guy at the Coimbatore showroom was saying that there is an improvement planned for the steering system before the vehicle is made available in the market
The only thing grouse are the bumpers.Wish FM had retained the old ones.Can the the old front end be installed on the new one.If yes that would be the first thing i would modify.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks