Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2014, 19:46   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha on sale again. Launched @ 6.25 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice29 View Post
Could someone please educate me how I can buy a vehicle from these people?

Looking forward to this vehicle from the 2013 announcement. Reading threads where there is a word 'Gurkha' mentioned.

I have been calling the dealer nearby to know the current status. Whenever I call them, the conversation goes like this.

Customer : Force Dealer?
Sales : Yes Sir. How can I help?
Customer : I am looking for a Gurkha.
Sales : Gurkha?
Customer : Force Gurkha, the 4x4 machine you have.
Sales : Okay!
Customer : I am planning to buy one. Can you help me?
Sales : Sir, we dont have a test vehicle.
Customer : Thats fine. I dont need a test drive. Shall I come to your dealership for a booking?
Sales : One minute sir. (After 30-45 seconds) Sir, we are not taking the booking currently.
Customer : Okay. Any idea when I can get one?
Sales : Sir, we will be having a demo vehicle next month. We shall contact you as soon as it hits the showroom. Phone number?
Customer : Thats fine. I shall contact you next month.
Sales : Thank You Sir.

Note : You need to call them 3 times at least. I was not lucky enough to get an answer in the first 2 attempts.

This is happening for about 6 months now. I will never complain about the dealer. After all they are dealing with this company.

By the way, I never saw one in person yet. Had enough experience with other Force vehicles like TRAX. May be the respect one feels towards this vehicle is the reason why I am still waiting.

I am afraid by the time they make it available to a customer, the price needs to be revisited. After all it is announced one year back!
Why wasting time on chasing Gurkha?

Wait for Sumo 4x4!
Old 9th May 2014, 20:03   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Why wasting time on chasing Gurkha?

Wait for Sumo 4x4!
Something practical; I understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Force Gurkha 4X4X4 has been spotted testing by Motorbeam, & it is speculated that it could be the BS4 version of the SUV, which is till date available in BS3 version. Here is the pic:

Attachment 1221026
By the way, anybody got a chance to look at the sticker? Is there any new '4' introduced like 4x4x4x4? I wish for one more now; after all I could have think/imagine/assume/research/argue for what that means. And finally when someone says the actual meaning, I could be proud of my imagination.
Old 10th May 2014, 09:50   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Could someone please educate me how I can buy a vehicle from these people?
No one can buy this vehicle. It is only for fans to rave about and create fights on online forums. The company doesn't care..

Quote:
By the way, I never saw one in person yet. Had enough experience with other Force vehicles like TRAX. May be the respect one feels towards this vehicle is the reason why I am still waiting.
I have posted a detailed review of the mysterious latest Gurkha. Please read it and then make a call. I was all gung ho until the test drive. Please don't waste your money.
4x4addict is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th May 2014, 18:23   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
No one can buy this vehicle. It is only for fans to rave about and create fights on online forums. The company doesn't care..
Tini, be careful, Gurkha boys do not like such statements.

I've noticed, some of them come out with weird reasoning's to prove their point some way or the other.

Quote:
I have posted a detailed review of the mysterious latest Gurkha. Please read it and then make a call. I was all gung ho until the test drive. Please don't waste your money.
Could you please pass a link to this review? I cannot find it. Thanks.

Spike
Old 10th May 2014, 19:52   #350

Force Gurkha Hard Top VS SUVs

So I need to buy a car at the earliest and have been sharing some thoughts on the Bolero VS Scorpio option here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...ml#post3425323

I test drove 4 cars this week and below are my thoughts.

Scoripo - did not like it at all. Looks like a hunched box and feels very fluffy inside. Will admit that the drive was smooth, but felt too soft for me.

Bolero - loved the clear vision thanks to the great large dashboard, was extremly shaky on the road. The legroom for the back seats is extremely poor, and if you're sitting behind and need to push down the windows you're in trouble because you need to turn to do it as the button is almost near your elbow.

Nissan Terrano - great power, very spacious, good boot space, pleasurable drive. Beyond my budget, though.

Ecosport - Nice little compact car, surprisingly spacious, OK boot space, good on electronics.

---

Now, I have been watching videos of the Gurkha hard top for months and it seems it's finally going to be available for a test drive in a few weeks. I had a LONG chat with the dealer and below are the things he's told me.

1. Max speed is approx 120. Which means you can cruise at 80 - he says it's not an ideal buy if you are going on long drives as it isn't comfortable for long drives. This makes no sense! If it's an offroad vehicle, isn't one going to have to drive far out to find the 'offroad'?

Why would it not be comfortable for a long drive? Is this just his subjective view? If one wants to use it for city use, and the occasional 4-6 hr drive out to a farmhouse - why would it not be 'comfortable' - I'm not saying it would be the 'ideal' choice - but why wouldn't it be 'comfortable'?

2. I'm not sure about the service part of the deal --- obviously Force is entering with the One and Gurkha but will servicing it in the city be easy? Obviously not as easy as a Maruti, but will it be an issue?

3. My needs are for a big car (i drive a honda city) which has good boot space so I can transport office material. I want it to be strong and tough (which is why I was gunning for the bolero). and I want to be able to take it on long drives - like from Bombay to Goa. Would the Gurkha address these?

Thanks

Amit
Old 10th May 2014, 20:13   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Could you please pass a link to this review? I cannot find it. Thanks.
Spike
It is in the gurkha4all forum .
Old 10th May 2014, 20:21   #352
BHPian

So the fact is that the management is bored of their current lineup which does look boring indeed. Bleh!
They do run CKD's for merc, so Moolah's never been a problem!

So, now the top management calls in the chief designer.

TM : We want you to design a new vehicle.
Designer : Gentlemen, what would the target market be?
TM: In deep thoughts, answers 5.
Designer: 5000 cars a year?
TM: No 5 cars, for the five people sitting here, because nobody else would get their hands on it.

Sigh, "we have money, lets just make a car for fun times" - Said nobody ever except for Force Motors
Old 10th May 2014, 20:26   #353
Senior - BHPian

On the Facebook page of Gurkha, there is no photo of Gurkha with a registration plate of a proud owner!

I guess that explains the fans of 4x4x4 EOV!
Old 11th May 2014, 00:24   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
It is in the gurkha4all forum .
Lol, man you have added a few more enemies (minimum 2 I know) to your current list.

Does the EOV in case of Gurkha stand for End Of Vehicle ?
Seriously, as you said, this vehicle had the potential. Sad !

Spike
Old 11th May 2014, 15:06   #355
Senior - BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha Hard Top VS SUVs

Quote:
..Now, I have been watching videos of the Gurkha hard top for months and it seems it's finally going to be available for a test drive in a few weeks.
Are you sure about this? Apparently the same statement has been doing the rounds for ages! That 'few weeks' might turn into few months and subsequently a year!! Doesn't look like Force is at all interested to make the vehicle available.

Quote:
..1. Max speed is approx 120. Which means you can cruise at 80 - he says it's not an ideal buy if you are going on long drives as it isn't comfortable for long drives. .....Why would it not be comfortable for a long drive? Is this just his subjective view?....
While the owners can comment better, 120 seems low. I am sure it should be capable of a higher top speed. Also i don't find any reason why it shouldn't be a more than decent long distance tourer. With respect to the cars shortlisted by you, it should do ok.
Kandisa is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2014, 15:23   #356
Senior - BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha Hard Top VS SUVs

The Force Gurkha is a myth - it does not exist in real life, except for a few examples sold in the second half of the last decade.

If you do manage to procure one, do let us know. Tini (4x4addict) has posted a test drive report in which he says the ergonomics are horrible at best. Not surprising.

On your other question - it should be comfortable over a long drive, as most of the Force vehicles have excellent ride quality that would put 20-lakh-plus SUVs (Endy/Fortuner, that means you!) to shame.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2014, 18:58   #357
BHPian

Force Gurkha is very much into production..

There were some issues found on pre production vehicles, hence it took a long time.

100 to 120 gurkha vehicles have been exported this month to Angola country.

@ 50 vehicles have been retrofitted with the latest changes, which were suggested by various magazines, consultant etc.

The chassis has been changed for a much better NVH, A/C, etc have been modified.

The launch of this should be in last week of May or first week of June considering the off road season.

Shall update with more info as soon as i get.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th May 2014 at 12:22. Reason: Typo
007 Bond is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2014, 19:33   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Force Gurkha is very much into production..

There were some issues found on pre production vehicles, hence it took a long time.......
Really nice to hear about those improvements . However, every time you post something utterly positive like these, it creates a huge wave of optimism in the minds of many people (me included) that finally it would be possible to experience that elusive, sub 10 L, all-rounder offroader in person. And then the cycle of endless wait restarts! I sincerely hope you are right this time about the launch dates etc. Else may be 6 months from now we will again get to hear about some positive changes and some renewed dates.
Kandisa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 00:05   #359
Senior - BHPian

This is what FM should have offered to the Indian market and not the funny face Mater.

More practical vehicle which was developed for the Indian army, the deal which didn't work out and the Indian army never bought it.
Attached Thumbnails
Force Gurkha on sale again. Launched @ 6.25 Lakhs-66837903mg5.jpg  

Old 12th May 2014, 13:12   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
This is what FM should have offered to the Indian market and not the funny face Mater.

More practical vehicle which was developed for the Indian army, the deal which didn't work out and the Indian army never bought it.
If it was developed for the Indian army, why is it left hand drive?

The "F" on the bonnet shows correct orientation so error in pic reproduction is ruled out.
directinjection is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks