Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2013, 12:00   #61
BHPian

This is sad news. Had this car been around for a couple of more years it would have been in contention with a slight bias towards it when upgrading to a better hatch for my family. I really hope they have parts available and it reasonably priced in the used car market.
Old 1st March 2013, 14:43   #62
BANNED

Re: Honda winds up Jazz production!

@AbhishekB86; I am sure a new and (hopefully) better Jazz will surface next year.
Old 1st March 2013, 17:24   #63
BHPian

I am a little disappointed on hearing this news. Last year, I strongly recommended this car to my colleague. He actually bought it on my recommendation. Its discontinuation has now left me with a tinge of embarrassment

Thankfully, just like other Jazz owners, he had also been very happy with the car.

This was truly a global car model brought into India with minimal alterations. Hope Honda replaces it with a more able version.
Old 5th March 2013, 13:00   #64
BHPian

Yet another owner of Honda Jazz . Yet another disappointment from Honda.

I bought Honda Jazz in April-11 and after a month Honda reduced the price by 1.5 Lakh. Thought how unlucky I was to spent hard earned money but then its OK as I am driving world class hatch. I am happy with car. At least this move will revive sales of this car. I will sell the car after long ownership of 8-10 years so this will not impact much down the years.

Then within a year Honda shuts its production

Its been two fantastic year with my Jazz with long drives around NCR and absolutely no complaints for this beautiful product.

Now with this closing down of production I believe maintaining my Jazz will be costly, getting spares parts will be a issue from outside vendors and will have to resale the product at throwaway price (when I think of reselling it). I am also not sure whether I will be able to maintain it for 8-10 long years now.

Lot of unanswered queries in mind. All is well All is well..........
Old 5th March 2013, 13:07   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Badguy> View Post
Now with this closing down of production I believe maintaining my Jazz will be costly, getting spares parts will be a issue from outside vendors and will have to resale the product at throwaway price (when I think of reselling it). I am also not sure whether I will be able to maintain it for 8-10 long years now.

Lot of unanswered queries in mind. All is well All is well..........
By govt. regulations, manufacturers are to support maintenance for a car 8-10 years even after it is discontinued.

That is why Honda still has support for discontinued 1st gen and 2nd gen City. Toyota still supports the Qualis and Hyundai still supports the Getz.

You will not have to worry about getting parts from outside or no service support.
Old 8th March 2013, 07:13   #66
BHPian

It's a pity that the Jazz has been discontinued. A quick reading through its product history and you find that the car has been a bestseller in some of the most mature car markets in the world like Japan and the U.S.A. winning accolades like car of the year in those markets.

I wrote to Honda on hearing about the Jazz production being discontinued, because I was considering purchasing the Jazz soon. Their reply seems to show very little co-ordination between their business decision-making team and their customer care department, because they replied saying the Jazz hasn't been discontinued!

Kind Attn: Mr. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Customer Relations (customer_relations@hondacarindia.com)
27-02-2013
To: xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir,

This is with reference to your trailing mail pertaining to your interest of purchasing Honda Jazz.

At the outset, we thank you for showing interest in Honda products and choosing to buy Honda Jazz.

You would acknowledge that, due to overwhelming response from our customers there is a huge demand vis a vis its supply. However, we are trying our best to meet the demand and pass on the joy of ownership experience to our esteemed customers

With respect to your concern, we wish to inform you that model is still in production and bookings of the same are also open. But due to overwhelming demand in market and already pending back log of booked cars, some of our dealers has stopped taking further bookings. Further waiting period of the car will be informed by the dealership based on booking no. and choice of variant, color etc.

We hope above clarifies your query

Assuring you best of our services at all the times

Regards,

Parampreet Singh
Customer Relationship Management
Honda Cars India Ltd. ,Greater Noida
Old 8th March 2013, 08:39   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motored Mindset View Post
You would acknowledge that, due to overwhelming response from our customers there is a huge demand vis a vis its supply. However, we are trying our best to meet the demand and pass on the joy of ownership experience to our esteemed customers

With respect to your concern, we wish to inform you that model is still in production and bookings of the same are also open.
Does Honda think selling 200 cars in a month is "overwhelming response from customers and huge demand"? That too in a segment where its competitor is selling 100 times that number in a month!

Why don't you reply asking him the same? It'll be interesting to see what their answer is!
Old 8th March 2013, 08:44   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
"overwhelming response from customers and huge demand"?
If a dealer tries to hide facts (in this case when the news is splashed in all media) how can you trust this dealer?
Just to make a sale facts are being hidden!

Cheers!
Old 8th March 2013, 09:02   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
If a dealer tries to hide facts (in this case when the news is splashed in all media) how can you trust this dealer?
Just to make a sale facts are being hidden!

Cheers!
Reply was not from a dealer but an official reply from Honda.

Signature in the email says:

Parampreet Singh
Customer Relationship Management
Honda Cars India Ltd. ,Greater Noida
Old 8th March 2013, 09:08   #70
BHPian

I got the same reply when I called up a dealer in Bangalore.

Quote:

I wrote to Honda on hearing about the Jazz production being discontinued, because I was considering purchasing the Jazz soon. Their reply seems to show very little co-ordination between their business decision-making team and their customer care department, because they replied saying the Jazz hasn't been discontinued!
Old 8th March 2013, 10:51   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

New JAZZ will debut in Nov at the Tokyo motor show.

Quote:
Next generation Honda Jazz is getting ready to take over from the current car globally. Autoexpress.co.uk reports that there has been an official confirmation from Honda that the new car will make its debut at the Tokyo Motor Show in November.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 12:34   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Their reply seems to show very little co-ordination between their business decision-making team and their customer care department, because they replied saying the Jazz hasn't been discontinued!
Quote:
Reply was not from a dealer but an official reply from Honda.
to that.

Honda never acknowledged the rumors of Civic and Jazz being discontinued, even though multiple auto sites report them as being discontinued.
At times, the top officials has come out in the open to deny the rumors as well.
No one knows who is hiding the truth though. Even now we see these products do trickle in every month, though very minimal in numbers.
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 15:26   #73
BANNED

I guess they are trying to sell off the remainder in the stockyards.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 15:40   #74
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Does Honda think selling 200 cars in a month is "overwhelming response from customers and huge demand"? That too in a segment where its competitor is selling 100 times that number in a month!
That 200 or 300 car figure a month is due to supply ,why else does it have or had a waiting period of 2 to 3 months.

When you factor in the sale of other B+ petrol hatchbacks from competitors you will notice that Jazz sales are more then the majority of the other hatchbacks like Figo,Micra/Pulse,Punto,Sail,Liva,Fabia (there is no data on the sales of petrol swift or i20 but i wouldn't be surprised if these also sell in 3 digit figure) .
Old 8th March 2013, 16:20   #75
BHPian

Called up Dakshin Honda today and was told that Jazz in no longer in production. I'd checked with Whitefield Honda a couple of weeks back and was told that bookings are closed for now as they have 3 months waiting. I guess the dealers are gradually being informed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks