Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2013, 11:01   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Is there a model that is short length but 7 seats? I always thought it was either 5 seater short length or 7 seater long one.

Fitting 3rd row in short length will be very tight unless it is already being sold somewhere else in that configuration.
I have also read that 7 seater comes in 2 lengths. Short length would be similar to the current model.
Old 9th March 2013, 12:28   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.

Quote:
Is there a model that is short length but 7 seats? I always thought it was either 5 seater short length or 7 seater long one.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I have also read that 7 seater comes in 2 lengths. Short length would be similar to the current model.
The last portion of this section tells about a 7 seater in normal version and a 7 seater LWB version as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai...13.E2.80.93.29

I did read about it elsewhere as well. I kind of feel that's more aimed at the Chinese market where a lot of models bring in their LWB variants.
Old 9th March 2013, 13:17   #33
BHPian

Re: Scoop pic - Looks like the new Santa Fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
We saw this test-mule near Chennai a few hours back. On the first glance, I thought it must be Ford EcoSport undergoing some road test since the tail lamp cluster and the rear hatch designs matched. But on closer examination, I found the spare wheel was mounted on the underbody and ORVM attached to the window glass frame, leading to confusion. Oh, it was Hyundai Santa Fe. Fine. Thanks a lot, benbsb29 for the prompt action. I found it to be very powerful. The test driver was zooming in triple-digit speeds. I chased it and overtook it to enable my son click some side profile.

Here are the pics:

Attachment 1059459

Attachment 1059460

Attachment 1059461

Attachment 1059462

Attachment 1059463

Attachment 1059464

Attachment 1059465
I spotted the same car.Refer post #23.I saw the number plates and the camouflage and guessed it to be the Santa Fe.Ford's test mules have TN 19 number plates while Hyundai uses both TN 19 and TN 09 while Nissan and Renault use TN 21 plates.Today,There were a number of current gen Santa Fe running with the ix45 Santa Fe.The ix45 was accelerating quicker when compared to the current Santa Fe.I think they are going to offer the ix45's CRDI in a higher state of tune.

Cheers,

Achyuth.
Achyuth Vaibhav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2013, 17:04   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is there a model that is short length but 7 seats? I always thought it was either 5 seater short length or 7 seater long one.

Fitting 3rd row in short length will be very tight unless it is already being sold somewhere else in that configuration.
Check this link from Hyundai UK. Looks like its a standard size car with 5 or 7 seat options. Considering our affinity for extra seats, it could be the 7-seat option for India - just a guess

http://www.hyundai.co.uk/new-cars/ne...ation-santa-fe
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2013, 19:09   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Check this link from Hyundai UK. Looks like its a standard size car with 5 or 7 seat options. Considering our affinity for extra seats, it could be the 7-seat option for India - just a guess

http://www.hyundai.co.uk/new-cars/ne...ation-santa-fe

There are two options for the Santa Fe.The Santa Fe and the Grand Santa Fe.The regular Santa Fe has a 5 and 7 seater option.The Grand Santa Fe is a full size 7 seater.Hyundai will launch the Grand Santa Fe for India and the regular Santa fe as an option.

Last edited by Achyuth Vaibhav : 9th March 2013 at 19:11.
Old 9th March 2013, 19:54   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

There are two model in the US. Santa Fe Sport is the short wheel base with 5 seats - competes with the likes of CR-V etc. Santa Fe LWB has 7 seats, goes up against the highlander/ Dodge Journey.
Old 9th March 2013, 21:31   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav View Post
There are two options for the Santa Fe.The Santa Fe and the Grand Santa Fe.The regular Santa Fe has a 5 and 7 seater option.The Grand Santa Fe is a full size 7 seater.Hyundai will launch the Grand Santa Fe for India and the regular Santa fe as an option.
Yes, but what I have read around is that the Grand Santa Fe is only for the LHD markets (for e.g.; it will not be made available in the UK).
Old 9th March 2013, 21:52   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Yes, but what I have read around is that the Grand Santa Fe is only for the LHD markets (for e.g.; it will not be made available in the UK).
The Grand Santa Fe and the Santa Fe are complete CKD units.So,One can expect the Grand Santa Fe coming to India.Hyundai has also realized the importance of a full fledged seven seater in India so to boost the sales,They might bring in the Grand Santa Fe.
Old 10th March 2013, 00:00   #39
BHPian

We are getting the Short Wheelbase Version (SWB) in India. Internationally it's available with 5 seats but we will get it with 7 seats.

Here's what Autocar India had reported sometime back :

Quote:
Internationally, two versions of the new Santa Fe exist. There’s the normal 4689mm (2700mm wheelbase) version for markets where urban agility is more important, and a longer, 4905mm (2800mm wheelbase) version that replaces the Veracruz in the USA. Despite the Indian infatuation with imposing road presence and acres of cabin space when it comes to SUVs, we are likely to get the shorter version, currently being produced in the USA.

International markets will get both five- and seven-seat versions, although it’s the latter that Hyundai will bring to India. The current SUV suffers slightly from a shortage of head- and knee-room in the third row of seats, and Hyundai says it’s made some improvements in this area (the wheelbase of the car is the same, but the car is longer, especially the rear overhang).
When comparing the spy pics posted in this thread with the clear pictures of SWB Version of Santa Fe, it's clear that the car caught testing is indeed the SWB Santa Fe.

Autocar India Article : http://www.autocarindia.com/News/320...-mid-2013.aspx
Old 10th March 2013, 10:25   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Charger View Post
We are getting the Short Wheelbase Version (SWB) in India. Internationally it's available with 5 seats but we will get it with 7 seats.

Here's what Autocar India had reported sometime back :

When comparing the spy pics posted in this thread with the clear pictures of SWB Version of Santa Fe, it's clear that the car caught testing is indeed the SWB Santa Fe.

Autocar India Article : http://www.autocarindia.com/News/320...-mid-2013.aspx

Hi Turbo_Charger.They are just testing it.They might bring in the Grand Santa Fe as an option to boost the sales.

Cheers,

Achyuth
Old 10th March 2013, 20:56   #41
BHPian

Hey BHPians,Check out this link for more information.http://indianautosblog.com/2013/02/h...ng-india-64919

Cheers,

Achyuth

Last edited by Achyuth Vaibhav : 10th March 2013 at 20:58.
Old 14th March 2013, 11:33   #42
Team-BHP Support

Two more pics sent in by Sudip Basu!

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-frntbez1c9dcqaecwty.jpg

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-bez19cuciamk62q.jpg

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 10:26   #43
Senior - BHPian

Guys - Read this piece of news:
http://beforeitsnews.com/motor-junki...d-2462640.html

Does this mean that the face-lift Santa Fe is indeed delayed until next year? :(
Old 27th March 2013, 17:58   #44
M35
BHPian

In China there are around 9 variants with seating capacities, 5 and 7
Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-hyundaisantafe014.jpg

know more here:
Old 5th April 2013, 23:23   #45

Hi,
I had been to the Hyundai showroom in Bangalore today. I test drove the Sante Fe...old version..however, they have opened the booking for the latest version...they told me it may take a month before the car is delivered.

I am considering booking the 4WD MT version; they also have a AT; the fuel economy on the MT is better than the AT by a margin of 2 to 3 kmpl.
kumarasanjaya is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks