Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2013, 09:11   #46

re: Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.

I am posting some scanned photos from the brouchre that the show room gave me...these are scanned with portable scanner.....please excuse the quality....
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-front.jpg  

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-behind.jpg  

kumarasanjaya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 11:52   #47
BHPian

re: Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.

i have question : the one displayed here..and the one captured being road tested..there is a difference between exhaust pipes, right ?
So, which model is being launched ?? the 7 seater MPV which Hyundai suggested sometime back ?
Old 6th April 2013, 11:58   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarasanjaya View Post
I am posting some scanned photos from the brouchre that the show room gave me...these are scanned with portable scanner.....please excuse the quality....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit0103 View Post
i have question : the one displayed here..and the one captured being road tested..there is a difference between exhaust pipes, right ?
The picture above is of the previous generation (currently sold in India), whereas the one discussed in this thread is the new Santa FE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit0103
So, which model is being launched ?? the 7 seater MPV which Hyundai suggested sometime back ?
A small correction – the Santa FE is an SUV, not a MPV.

Last edited by vb-saan : 6th April 2013 at 11:58. Reason: Tags removed
Old 6th April 2013, 13:46   #49
BHPian

Fair enough. I was just wondering if the picture of whatever being tested on road was Santa Fe SUV or some MUV, which Hyundai mentioned recently to launch a compact SUV, a MUV and a new hatchback.
Old 6th April 2013, 19:51   #50

Today the showroom guys came in for another test drive. I am confused with the versions they are talking about; today they told me the Santa Fe I book will be the same as the one in the test drive but with changed grills!!
But one of them was talking about some "fluidic" Santa Fe coming along in a few months!!! or he really does not know when! He says it is 5 mm longer, we were actually unhappy about the third row of seats as t is impossible for an adult to even squeeze in there. Finally we test drove a Fortuner and Innova. I have owned an Innova 3 years back and now my thoughts are gravitating towards an Innova for all it's greatness which I have realized after getting my family to sit in the back seat of the Santa Fe and also the Innova which in the Innova feel like heaven in comparison.
Old 19th April 2013, 20:01   #51
BHPian

Anybody knows when will the new Santa Fe hit Indian shores? I am in market for 20-30 Lakhs SUV, have decided on Fortuner. But I don't want to regret this decision.

Last edited by GTO : 20th April 2013 at 15:49. Reason: As per the recent mass PM, please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars.
Old 19th April 2013, 20:20   #52
BHPian

No news on it. Showroom guys are also clueless. I have booked the Rexton in the meanwhile don't know when do they plan to launch it.
Don't expect it anytime soon.
Old 19th April 2013, 20:58   #53
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveshsingh View Post
Anybody knows when will the new Santa Fe hit Indian shores? I am in market for 20-30 Lakhs SUV, have decided on T-Fort. But I don't want to regret this decision.
Launch is delayed! It will only come next year according to Hormazd Sorabjee of Autocar. The reason being Hyundai want high localization for the car. It being a CBU currently, it attracts higher tax. Just look at the new CR-V pricing now that its a CKD.
You can get more info on the Autocar show this weekend.
Old 10th May 2013, 18:42   #54
R_R
BHPian

Spy shots of New Sante Fe 2013

My BIL saw this somewhat camouflaged car in the outskirts of Chennai. It looks like the new Honda CRV to my untrained eye. Does anyone have a better idea?
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-dsc03617.jpg  

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-dsc03618.jpg  

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-dsc03619.jpg  

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-dsc03620.jpg  

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-dsc03621.jpg  

R_R is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 18:46   #55
Senior - BHPian

re: Spy shots of New Sante Fe 2013

Looks like Hyundai santa fe to me. Chennai means Hyundai hub isnt it
Old 10th May 2013, 18:46   #56
BHPian

That's the new Santa-Fe scheduled to be launched soon.
Old 10th May 2013, 18:50   #57
BHPian

Definitely not the CRV since that's already been introduced and would definitely not be running Tamil Nadu test plates. This looks like a Hyundai. Could it be the new Santa Fe. The RVMs and grill definitely look like those on the Santa Fe as per their international website

http://worldwide.hyundai.com/WW/Show...PIP/index.html

Mods: Please change the title of the thread.

Last edited by djpeesh : 10th May 2013 at 18:52. Reason: Second opinion on seeing Hyundai global website
Old 10th May 2013, 18:56   #58
Senior - BHPian

Nice catch! Yes, thats the 2013 Santa Fe. The grill and the indicators on the mirrors give it away. Here is an unmasked pic

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-13hyundaisantafesportfrontprofile.jpg
Source:http://rwshiftinggears.wordpress.com...er-from-korea/
amitoj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 19:18   #59
Team-BHP Support

Gotta be the Sante Fe. Those i20 style DRLs gave it away immediately. Hopefully it'll be priced better than the present one.
Old 10th May 2013, 19:30   #60
Senior - BHPian

Nice catch there. Boy really bold and crisp design there and also seems to be smaller in length that the outgoing model (not sure) and definitely better than that. Also the rear section, C pillar seems to be raked very similar to the new CRV hence no wonder it may be confused with the former.

One thing for sure if priced competitively it may be a segment leader since it would sport the diesel motor which the CRV lacks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks