Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2013, 12:59   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.

Mod Note: Team-BHP's Santa Fe Review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the review thread. Thanks!

Quote:
Thanks to Padmaja Srinivasan for sharing pictures of the 2013 Santa Fe undergoing testing in India.
This is the all-new 3rd generation Santa Fe. It was unveiled to the world at the New York Auto Show in 2012. Where the older Santa Fe looked boring, the 2013 model wears modern, fluidic clothes. The crossover SUV will be powered by the same 4 cylinder 2.2L DOHC common-rail diesel as the outgoing generation. The engine has 194 BHP & 422 Nm of torque on tap. Drivetrain options will include 6-speed manual & automatic transmissions and FWD or AWD layouts. Hyundai will be launching the 7-seat Santa Fe in India (also available as a 5-seater internationally).
Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-hyundai-santa-fe.jpg

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-hyundai-santa-fe-2.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 4th March 2014 at 11:41.
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 14:39   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.

I guess we can expect an Apr-May launch since this will be a CBU. Probably Hyundai wants to price it after knowing the budget details!
Old 24th February 2013, 14:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.

Since the vehicle has been launched internationally and is being produced and sold across countries and the photos are available on internet automotive forums and magazines, then whats the need to cover the test vehicle?
Old 24th February 2013, 18:27   #4
Team-BHP Support

Here is a video review of the new Santa Fe - from CarBuyer UK.

Looks like a decent package, except for the third row seats. There is even a mode selection just for the steering wheel – interesting

Old 24th February 2013, 20:37   #5
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 25th February 2013 at 14:26.
HOTROD is offline   Received Infraction
Old 24th February 2013, 21:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai is bringing the SWB Santa-FE to India but with a 7-seat configuration. They also have a proper 7-seater Grand Santa Fe for EU and US markets with a PROPER 7-seat layout and more room for the third row. But as far as i know, its only available as an LHD.
Old 24th February 2013, 21:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

Going to be a typical Hyundai affair. Good looks , loaded to the brim , decent engines and digestible prices. Hyundai makes me think , Koreans are the new Japs in town.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 22:33   #8
BHPian

It is a well rounded package but probably wouldn't find many takers based on how Hyundai has priced earlier Santa Fe. I wouldn't be surprised to see a fully loaded example retailing for near 30L INR (ex-showroom).

Last edited by entropy : 24th February 2013 at 22:34.
Old 24th February 2013, 22:44   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Well I am not sure about the exact sales figures but I happened to see a lot more Santa Fe here in Gujarat than probably in Delhi. Looks like its doing really well out here. In my hospital alone there are 3 of them and a captiva. No fortuners or any other 20L SUV.

If only they could price it a little more aggressively.

Last edited by drmohitg : 24th February 2013 at 22:45.
Old 25th February 2013, 01:02   #10
BHPian

Its an awesome looking car. From what I see in other international markets, it comes loaded to the hilt.
Depends on how Hyundai will price it, it has the potential to do decent numbers. A price of Rs 24-Rs 26 L can do the trick.
Old 25th February 2013, 13:30   #11
BHPian

To me, Hyundai is doing just as good as the Japs or even better!! Trust me the New Santa Fe looks so much more better than the Honda CR-V and find it so difficult to accept the fact that none of the reviews have ever highlighted the ugly rear of the new CR-V and have kept praising the overall design!!
Old 26th February 2013, 14:12   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiteshs77 View Post
Its an awesome looking car. From what I see in other international markets, it comes loaded to the hilt.
Depends on how Hyundai will price it, it has the potential to do decent numbers. A price of Rs 24-Rs 26 L can do the trick.
I would say more in the range of 20-24 lakhs if they wish to succeed. Remember, both Fortuner and Pajero Sport carry a price tag of ~22 lakhs ex showroom in Delhi. Hyundai has already failed twice with Santa Fe and Sonata due to bad pricing. Why, even Renault and Nissan are not able to get any customers for Koleos or Xtrail due to pricing.

Looks like some companies are assuming that Price Vs. Value equation does not matter to a customer who is willing to pay more than 20 lakhs. The reason why T-Fort is selling 1300 units a month versus 55 of Santa Fe is not because it is a better car or has better features or off-roading capabilities. It is because of Toyota brand and comparatively right price for the product.

I am not saying right price because the same Fortuner sells for 18 lakhs in Philppines Vs. 22 lakhs in India. But then PS sells for 16 lakhs there Vs. 22 lakhs here.
Old 26th February 2013, 18:47   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
To me, Hyundai is doing just as good as the Japs or even better!! Trust me the New Santa Fe looks so much more better than the Honda CR-V and find it so difficult to accept the fact that none of the reviews have ever highlighted the ugly rear of the new CR-V and have kept praising the overall design!!
I don't know about India, but here in USA, Santa Fe doesn't not compete with Honda CR-V or Toyota RAV4. It's the Hyundai Tucson that competes with these two. Santa Fe competes with Toyota Highlander and Honda Pilot.

So no point of comparing Santa Fe to CR-V.
Old 27th February 2013, 11:46   #14
Senior - BHPian

This fluidic design philosophy is growing on me. The Santa Fe looks very upmarket and agile in this design form. Considering how many awards this SUV has been brandishing lately, it sure will be a big success when it's launched here, all considering if it'll be priced right.
Old 27th February 2013, 19:00   #15
BHPian

Finally!!
Ironically, I had went to a Hyundai Showroom today to enquire about new Santa Fe and the person whom I met said, sir I can assure you it is not gonna come his year

I badly want to show him this page...

Aside to this, Hyundai's Santa Fe even if not selling has rave reviews even from the people who drive Fortuner as they praise about everythinf from Driving capabilities and handling but complain only about a little bit Outdated interiors. I am sure this Storm-Edge Fluidic Santa Fe will be a killer on roads and will surely create a dent in Fortuner's sales

Last edited by dhall_gagan : 27th February 2013 at 19:01.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed