Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2013, 18:01   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ford FIGO celebration edition launched to mark its third birthday

Ford FIGO celebration edition launched to mark its third birthday-figo2.jpg

Ford introduces the limited Figo “Celebration Edition”, co-created by Figo customers and renowned fashion designer duo Shantanu & Nikhil.

The “Celebration Edition” comes in the Diamond White colour. It will be equipped with features including SATNAV, reverse park assist, rear spoiler, seat covers and branded scuff plates.

The Figo Celebration Edition Petrol starts at INR 415,999 while the Diesel starts at INR 515,999 ex-showroom Delhi.

Ford FIGO celebration edition launched to mark its third birthday-figo3.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 5th March 2013 at 17:01. Reason: Adding our own news item
rajeev k is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 18:27   #2
BHPian

Ford is trying to keep its dated hatch in public memory. It was only recently the facelifted Figo was launched. The scuff plates and spoiler were already available as accessories. The decals I can do without. Satnav is ok. Ford should have given the dual tone horn which was there in the early copies. I see a lot of complaints about the present single tone horn.
Old 4th March 2013, 19:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford FIGO celebration edition launched to mark its third birthday

Why Ford went with a light blue theme for the decals when many others are going with red, white or black? I know it is easy for me to sit here and comment on a design, but sorry for this Ford; were your designers previously working mostly with washing machines? Though I liked the signature badge, the second picture of the side decals remind me of a washing machine sticker job - the light blue color and all the bubbles.

Parking sensors and sat-nav are always welcome and VFM. Three years is apt time for many a manufacturers to give a face-lift.
thoma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 20:16   #4
BHPian

^^ +1, moreover that decals would look downright ugly in real life. See Scorpio with all those drought paint stickers.

I've now come to a conclusion Fiat Palio S10 is the only successful limited edition. They are the only ones who got that "limited" thing right. All those rolling out these days are stock clearance editions really.
Eminenttismo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 20:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

What a pointless exercise? That blue decal looks like some paint has peeled off! And still no rear power windows!
Old 4th March 2013, 20:55   #6
BHPian

Personally, I hate the decals. I think they look ugly on an otherwise nice looking car. Actually other parts of the package are fine. Some how I always feel that in the Indian car market, any kind of special edition is equated to "Take a non-selling variant, add some accessories to it and then sell it at a jacked up price".
Old 4th March 2013, 23:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Why Ford went with a light blue theme for the decals when many others are going with red, white or black?
Figo dash comes with a blue theme. So any other shade for the decals would look odd with the blue dash, unless they change the dashboard shade too. That said, the decals could have been much more sobre inline with the general character of the Figo.
Old 4th March 2013, 23:54   #8
BHPian

Totally wasted opportunity i say. Instead, FORD should have provided these features in special edition INMO , to stand apart
1) red or any bright colour instead on white.
2) more sportier decals to go with the outer body shade (like Punto Evo)
3) better looking and broader wheels and tires
4) chrome exhaust
5) black roof (optional)
6) True Key less entry and start stop button

Rear parking sensors are useless in such a small hatch.
on the other hand, I think satnav is windshield mounted unit like Garmin, Tomtom etc, not integarted head unit. Look at the first pic carefully.
Old 5th March 2013, 00:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
...I think satnav is windshield mounted unit like Garmin, Tomtom etc, not integarted head unit. Look at the first pic carefully.
Your thinking is spot on, see this picture source- DriveSpark
Attached Thumbnails
Ford FIGO celebration edition launched to mark its third birthday-celeb4.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 5th March 2013 at 00:27.
Old 5th March 2013, 01:00   #10
BANNED

Has Ford hired a marketing guy from Maruti?

Decals, Seat covers, spoilers, etc. I can see Maruti in these features.

More of practical and needful features could have been given rather than the above which are already available earlier where only thing that it was optional earlier but now they are standard for this birthday version.

Wake Up Ford! Don't spoil such a decent looking car.

In the second pic, the rear tow hook in silver looks so odd with the black rear bumper. It spoils the whole look, they could have hid it and given another "feature" in their Happy Birthday car!

Happy Birthday Figo!

Cheers,
Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 5th March 2013 at 01:02.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 01:02   #11
BHPian

In my opinion the addons are not at all exiting and all costing not more than 30k max. They must have provided

1. Rear power windows and glass rolling down a few mm's from time to time.
2. Fixed the headlamps with better bulbs.
3. Fixed the rattles.
4. A few more interesting colors.
Old 5th March 2013, 05:24   #12
Senior - BHPian

It really does not matter how good/bad the celebration model is. It is only a limited edition roll out and this was all that can be expected as additional accessories.

The GPS should have been an inclusion in the top end models when the facelifted version was released few months ago and of course not as a stand alone unit.
Like what happened to the Swift during its facelift, the engine could have been tweaked for more performance which was badly needed on the petrol and diesel models.

I was watching the live streaming and they kept mentioning that few of current owners of Figo were involved who provided ideas for this edition. The additions to this model are what most of the Figo owners would do anyway after buying a Figo.(almost every phone has a GPS now) and the stickering is what I can get done at my neighbourhood sticker shop.(for which two designers were hired)

I cannot understand why Ford cannot do something constructive on this car so it sells more. The car as it is , is a brilliant package. All it needs is a bit more power, which could have been done during the facelift.
Look at the Swift, it sells like hot cakes, and during the facelift, it gets even better.
Agreed the Figo is an outdated model, since it is the highest selling model of Ford, they could have actually given it a better Birthday gift.
Old 5th March 2013, 06:52   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
In the second pic, the rear tow hook in silver looks so odd with the black rear bumper. It spoils the whole look, they could have hid it and given another "feature.........
It is the same as in all Figos till date. :-)
Old 5th March 2013, 10:25   #14
BHPian

Sat Nav, Parking Sensors, yucky stickers! all fine, but what about the much needed rear power windows?? Is it still all manual??
Old 5th March 2013, 10:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

The celebration edition comes only in white. And since most accessories are available as dealer fitments, one can just pick and choose what they want and get it installed on their own car minus the decals. Though i must say that these decals are far less irritating than what we see from MSIL.

Most Viewed