Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2013, 23:18   #16
BHPian

So I spoke to a tml source today. Apparently the reason why the diesel nano is delayed is because they have a bit of a conundrum.

The two cylinder diesel they developed has high NVH issues while the costing on the three cylinder version may out price it from the market.
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 00:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
The two cylinder diesel they developed has high NVH issues.
Perhaps they should swallow their pride and buy the Maximo CRDe engine from Mahindra. That is one small diesel that doesnt sound like a pumpset, and boy it can pull!

Eat humble pie, TML - how long have you been working on this Diesel Nano, 5 years?
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 12:33   #18
BHPian

I hope and pray that this not another forum where we just spot the upcoming model and keep on discussing what Tata need to offer.

Someone from Tata who is going through this forum, please launch the 2013 model!

Look at your sales. It is down because someone like me is actually waiting for the new model even if the changes might just be cosmetic. I have been waiting since Dec12. It is frustrating sometimes.

Last edited by GTO : 6th March 2013 at 13:42. Reason: Please PROOF-READ your posts before submitting. Too many spelling & grammar errors.
Old 7th March 2013, 08:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post

Someone from Tata who is going through this forum, please launch the 2013 model!
I am not from TM, but i know it will be launched by May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Perhaps they should swallow their pride and buy the Maximo CRDe engine from Mahindra. That is one small diesel that doesnt sound like a pumpset, and boy it can pull!
Absolutely i love the sound of Maxximo CRDe, it also looks better than Magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
In all probability, the first batch of Nanos may never get any decent resale value for sure. If someone has a domestic help who does all the grocery shopping as part of his job, Nano could be a well deserved gift to him. Sadly I dont have someone, so it might remain with us forever even after the upcoming upgrades
If you exchange it for another TATA vehicle , you might get a decent value.

The current upgrades can be easily integrated in our cars, so no worries on that front.
Old 7th March 2013, 10:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
.....i feel that the only requirement of the power steering is while parking the car. During those tight spot parkings where you need to steer more than a couple of times, it gets a bit tiresome. Power steering would have helped...
Probably you are right, I felt such occasions as at-least some basic workout to my hands

Anyway I should thank TATA for the following;

1) training me to drive without a left ORVM for the first time in my life
2) manage things without a boot
3) drive peacefully without swearing at others (I did that a lot with the Fiesta 1.6 as I felt everyone on the road was moving like a rabbit)
4) give a superiority complex to auto-rickshaws because they always felt richer
5) forget fear of life because few Nanos burnt on road !!
6) for teaching me 'driving is no big deal' (the toy car effect)
7) for providing me bare basic controls & buttons around

My next upgrade is Ford Ecosport and that will be a super luxury car for me compared to what I am moving from

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
....The current upgrades can be easily integrated in our cars, so no worries on that front.
Nano will be the only vehicle in my life that was meant to remain 100% stock and it will keep that status throughout my ownership. Mobile charging point is the only thing I added inside because I use navigation a lot. I may not sell this beauty, my kids love this yellow bug, it has become part of their life. They love to be in this even after experiencing other bigger vehicles with state of the art techs & specs. I will never take this out of city limits for obvious reasons and thats the only reason I would buy another vehicle for my needs.
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 11:01   #21
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks quite good, the Interior and exterior revamps are cool, The Nano Eurpopa front look would have been even cooler. The speakers and music system both look good. The diesel is of course what we miss.

Any new type of car when it first come out has shortfalls, (even the Merc Smart car) and newer versons look and feel so much better, but that is after addressing customer feedback.
Old 7th March 2013, 16:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

As a fellow Nano owner from the 2012 lot, here's my take:

[quote]
1) Roof mounted antenna (front) - Should have been in the center than the right side.
2) Front bonnet chrome lip - Not needed
3) Rear Tailgate chrome lip - Not Needed
4) Rear skirting below bumper (to cover the "nanga-type" look which you see when following a Nano) - It was always there, but with the blackened look, it looks now.
5) Rear bumper with additional ventilation - Not sure from the asthetics purpose, but I am sure it's been done for a purpose and is a welcome addition.
6) Front bumper, or rather, the lower part of the front bumper will have a grille behind it to prevent stones etc from hitting the A/C condenser - welcome decision.
7) Glovebox on both sides - Actually, I feel that the present curves are much better than glove boxes. I can easily keep my shopping bags there and dont have to worry.
8) Front speakers - dash integrated - on both sides - Looks good.
9) Integrated stereo with all media inputs provision - Mine is the same model. I paid close to 9K for the same last year.
10) Rear parcel shelf with rear speaker provision - Good fore music lovers.
11) Covered Rear "C" - pillars on the inside - no more bare metal - I want this on my car.
12) Vanity mirror on LHS sunvisor . The fair ladies should be happy - Good decision.
13) Redesigned console with a bigger storage area in front of gearlever. - Good desicion.
14) Underseat storage trays a la Vista (still being debated apparently) - Welcome change. Where does the battery go now?
15) Bigger , stronger horn - Needed.
16) Hazard light switch moves to centre console above a/c vents from steering column - Not really needed, but I guess needed for international acceptance.
17) Remote central locking availability - Was always there.
18) New Colours - Nice addition. Prefer in Black on dark blue

on the whole, a step in the right direction !

[quote]
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 17:47   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
10) Rear parcel shelf with rear speaker provision
Not sure how that is going to work. Speakers might be too close to engine.
Old 7th March 2013, 18:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

[quote=amtak;3059364]As a fellow Nano owner from the 2012 lot, here's my take:

[quote]
1) Roof mounted antenna (front) - Should have been in the center than the right side.
5) Rear bumper with additional ventilation - Not sure from the asthetics purpose, but I am sure it's been done for a purpose and is a welcome addition.
14) Underseat storage trays a la Vista (still being debated apparently) - Welcome change. Where does the battery go now?
17) Remote central locking availability - Was always there.

To address your points:
1) It will be a central roof mounted antenna
5) Rear bumper ventilation purely functional to aid greater engine cooling especially when crawling in traffic with a/c on
14) LHS will be there only.
17) Agree.But this will come with a "plipper" , that is key fob integrated. now you have to physically put the key in the driver door lock barrel and lock/unlock
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 20:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Here's some good news to people considering the Nano. On one of my recent visits to the Tata plant I saw this Nano with a new front bumper, a new rear bumper and guess what else... An open-able tail gate !!

Yes, there is a nice handle to open it as well, very much like the i10's design.

The new bumpers have a lot of mesh work, with a smiley kind of design (both front and back) and even the headlights looked a little different. I liked it - makes the Nano looks quite smart.

I'm not sure if that is part of the 2013 upgrade, but its definitely coming soon

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 18th March 2013 at 20:36.
fiat_tarun is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 14:09   #26
BHPian

Any News/Photo/Updates for this launch. I am in the process of buying one.
Old 26th March 2013, 14:30   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Any News/Photo/Updates for this launch. I am in the process of buying one.
Hi @sushantr5, please refer to below link for Tata Nano Diesel caught testing in Bangalore (courtesy Motoroids):

http://motoroids.com/news/tata-nano-...-in-bangalore/

Unfortunately there are no confirmed news of the launch only the testing, which seems never ending , & the glitches do not seem to end .
Old 26th March 2013, 16:47   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Very true, but I will never buy another Tata for sure. It was my first & last. Even if they take it for exchange, it may hardly value the bumper of a Safari
True, had a hard time trying to sell my 2010 Nano LX...Non of the competitors were giving exchange bonus for it and some including Tata Motors Exchange quoted Rs.60,000 to 85,000 for a 2010 model, with 9K kms OdO and one that incurred me 2.15 Lakhs on-road....Will never got for another TML car...Some updates, if they were ready to provide even at a price, I wouldn't have sold...Anyways was a Guinea Pig for TML....
Old 7th April 2013, 18:29   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the NANO DIESEL in flesh on Saturday on my visit to Tata Motors plant @ pimpri.

Infact saw the car so close that the rear bonnet was popped up & could see the heart

^ no confusion here because i was told it was the NANO DIESEL

The car i saw was wearing a new purple shade (should be offered in the upcoming facelift versions)

Also saw a couple of more Nano diesels at the plant which were undergoing testing at the Pimpri plant.

The Diesel definitely sounds better than the current petrol on offer.

Expected launch date : Dec 2013 - Jan 2014

Last edited by karan561 : 7th April 2013 at 18:33.
karan561 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th April 2013, 22:14   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Saw the NANO DIESEL in flesh on Saturday on my visit to Tata Motors plant @ pimpri.

Infact saw the car so close that the rear bonnet was popped up & could see the heart

The Diesel definitely sounds better than the current petrol on offer.

Expected launch date : Dec 2013 - Jan 2014
Any info on the specs? Is it a two cylinder or 3 cylinder engine?

Sounds better than the current petrol? That's good to know. Even if it sounds as loud as the current petrol, it would be acceptable for a diesel, IMO.

On a different note, info on the 2013 Nano launch dates and the much reported 3 Cylinder petrol Nano?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed