Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2013, 16:59   #76
BHPian

Re: The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!

Will we get the Special Edition goodies with the 2013 model? Doesn't look like. From the launch pictures, there are no mag wheels to start with.
Anyone has any idea about the price for the 2013 model?
Old 19th June 2013, 19:11   #77
BHPian

I called Concorde Motors, Mysore road, Bangalore and was told that the Nano 2013 model is available. Took my wife and kid to check out. Hold on, and then I was shown the same old Nano models. I asked where are new ones, and was then told that these were the Nano models manufactured in 2013 :(

Of course, CNG models will not be on sale at Bangalore. Apart from the petrol only models will continue to be in the same shape and the facelift does not apply to them. I was then sure that dealers are just that, dealers only.

Last edited by PNTLovesNano : 19th June 2013 at 19:17.
Old 20th June 2013, 00:15   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
Will we get the Special Edition goodies with the 2013 model? Doesn't look like. From the launch pictures, there are no mag wheels to start with.
Anyone has any idea about the price for the 2013 model?
2012 Special Edition had alloys, decals, 2 glove boxes and a music system. The last 2 are standard equipment now.

For the alloys, one will have to spend an extra 10k now or wait till Tata comes up with the clearance sale for 2013 model I suppose!
Old 20th June 2013, 09:00   #79
BHPian

Tata did well to equip the Nano 2013 with
- Keyless Entry
- Charging Point (I know a lot of owners wanted this but did not want to risk playing around with the electricals)
- Integrated Audio System with Bluetooth.
- Integrated Glove boxes and speakers.

What they missed big time
- Open-able hatch door. Cmon Tata, don't say this wasn't the top feedback you would have got from your customers.

If only they could have provided the rear hatch door and possibly an external fueling point, could it have convinced people that it is a "regular" car and not a jugaad that many still tend to believe without experiencing the nano.
Old 20th June 2013, 09:31   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
What they missed big time
- Open-able hatch door. Cmon Tata, don't say this wasn't the top feedback you would have got from your customers.

If only they could have provided the rear hatch door and possibly an external fueling point, could it have convinced people that it is a "regular" car and not a jugaad that many still tend to believe without experiencing the nano.
Open-able hatch is already available with Tata. They should have given it. I agree with you. From friends in TML, I came to know that it will come only in 2014.

Unlike the hatch door, I have never missed the external fuel filler in our Nano. One advantage I found is that you could remain seated and have a clear view of the fuel counter, unlike in a regular car.

At least here in Bangalore, as soon as I pull in for fuelling, the attendant comes over near the hood ready to open it.
Old 20th June 2013, 10:49   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
O
Unlike the hatch door, I have never missed the external fuel filler in our Nano. One advantage I found is that you could remain seated and have a clear view of the fuel counter, unlike in a regular car.

At least here in Bangalore, as soon as I pull in for fuelling, the attendant comes over near the hood ready to open it.
Though, its important to have a clear view of the fuel dispenser, but I fail to understand that why other/ regular car owners should face a problem in that respect. Again, they can always remain seated and have a clear view. Most cars have remote fuel lid openers.
Old 20th June 2013, 11:28   #82
BHPian

Nano with decals. Yummy look.. not so yummy price?? I especially liked the Alpha decal
Attached Thumbnails
The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!-2013tatananobodykitprices.jpg  

The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!-2013tatananobodykit756x1024.jpg  

The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!-2013tatananoalphabodykitside.jpg  

The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!-2013tatananoremixbodykitside.jpg  

The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!-2013tatananojetbodykitside.jpg  

The 2013 Tata Nano - Lots of updates!-2013tatananopeachbodykitside.jpg  

shivasi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 11:46   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
Nano with decals. Yummy look.. not so yummy price?? I especially liked the Alpha decal
The blue Nano looks nice. Is there such a body kit available for Nano? IMO. The Nano Europa looks very good as compared to our Nano and leagues ahead. By what time you guys expect it to be available in the Indian market?
Nano Europa with an electric motor to push it- Should be a perfect city car.
Old 20th June 2013, 13:34   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Though, its important to have a clear view of the fuel dispenser, but I fail to understand that why other/ regular car owners should face a problem in that respect. Again, they can always remain seated and have a clear view. Most cars have remote fuel lid openers.
Hello saket77

I was not suggesting that the fuel filler should be in the front for all cars or that it is better to have the fuel filler in the front. Although it is a big inconvenience to open the hood to fill fuel, I was highlighting the only advantage I found in having it in the front.

In my Ritz, I have to turn around and sometimes bend down, sitting in the driver's seat, to get a clear view of the fuel counter through the rear passenger window. But in the Nano, it is a straight-ahead view. That's all I meant.

And yes, I think most cars have a remote fuel lid opener these days - beyond the point I was trying to convey.

Coming back to the 2013 Nano, I really like the personalization kits, excluding the body kit. 99% of the time, the body kit being painted at the dealers, will not match the original body shade (one can even see this on the orange show car in the post above) and also, I think it is a bit of an overkill to have a body kit on something no one would call 'sporty'.

Cheers!
Viju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 13:42   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post

In my Ritz, I have to turn around and sometimes bend down, sitting in the driver's seat, to get a clear view of the fuel counter through the rear passenger window. But in the Nano, it is a straight-ahead view. That's all I meant.

Cheers!
Okay Viju, I think what you meant was that since the filler pipe is in front, you have to park the car a little less forth than other cars which gives a better view of the dispenser.
However, as a practice and also as a habit, I always step down from the car while filling. May be I am skeptical but I just make sure that its my car they are filling and not something else!

However, IMO, a regular side body fuel lid would be a welcome change in the Nano. Helps skip a lot of hassle while filling, isn't it? Not to mention, would feel better too.

Regards,
Saket
Old 20th June 2013, 13:53   #86
BHPian

Quote:
The blue Nano looks nice. Is there such a body kit available for Nano? IMO. The Nano Europa looks very good as compared to our Nano and leagues ahead. By what time you guys expect it to be available in the Indian market?
Nano Europa with an electric motor to push it- Should be a perfect city car.
I understand you want this kit for the 2012 Nano? If so, yes, it is also available for the 2012 Nano just 1.5K more.
shivasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 14:08   #87
BHPian

nice work on the new Nano, those black alloys would look good on the Yellow and Orange as well.
I am exploring the possibility of getting those black alloys for my first gen Sunshine Yellow Nano. Had called the sales guy who said he would get back with the price within a day. Hopefully its not more than 10K like earlier
Old 20th June 2013, 14:09   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Okay Viju, I think what you meant was that since the filler pipe is in front, you have to park the car a little less forth than other cars which gives a better view of the dispenser.
However, as a practice and also as a habit, I always step down from the car while filling. May be I am skeptical but I just make sure that its my car they are filling and not something else!

However, IMO, a regular side body fuel lid would be a welcome change in the Nano. Helps skip a lot of hassle while filling, isn't it? Not to mention, would feel better too.
A lot of videos out there with people taking off with the fuel pipes. So outside India TATA can get smart and market the current way fuel is getting filled as a safely feature!
Old 20th June 2013, 14:41   #89
Team-BHP Support

The 2013 Tata Nano facelift is now launched. Please continue discussion on: This thread: (Tata Motors announces Horizonext with 8 simultaneous facelift launches)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks