Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2013, 19:42   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)

How much does the Oil filter cost for the twins, is it similar to those of Hyundai's and Maruti's ?
Old 15th March 2013, 20:06   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
How much does the Oil filter cost for the twins, is it similar to those of Hyundai's and Maruti's ?
Oil Filter for Toyota Etios costs Rs. 497/-
Oil Pan Drain Gasket costs Rs. 37/-
Both are replaced simultaneously.

On an Etios Diesel, the 10,000 kms frequency replacements are listed below.
  • Engine Oil
  • Oil Gasket + Oil Pan Drain Gasket
  • Windshield Washer Fluid
Nothing more.

Every 30,000 kms, they replace AC filter which costs Rs. 305/-
Every 40,000 kms, they replace Air Filter - the cost of which should be around 500 ( I'm not 100% sure about it because I've covered just 30,000 )

Fuel Filters are replaced upwards of 1 lakh kms, and costs around 1300 odd ( if my memory is correct ). I'll give a confirmation on this later.
amalji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 20:28   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I'm not sure why this happens for you. My experience have been always timely. The longest I ever had to wait was 5 hours after giving the car for service. Even in that case, they told me in advance that it would take 5 hours because of the suspension replacement under warranty for fixing the famous 'thud' bug on Etios. Other than in this scenario, they give my car back in 2 hours flat after giving the car for service.

And I can see the status of servicing of my car on a big screen which shows the ETA as well as current status.

The dealer I've ( and my Mother who owns a Liva ) used till now are

Nippon Toyota, Kalamassery, Cochin ( Supposedly the biggest car showroom in India )
Nippon Toyota, Nettoor, Cochin &
Nippon Toyota, Trivandrum

It has been the same experience on all of them.

The best thing I like about these service centers are that they are in the same place as the car showroom. So, any bad remark from an owner will be instantly visible to a potential buyer. In Nippon Toyota Kalamassery, even the launch for the people who come for service and sales are the same.

PS: I always make sure that I take prior appointment before visiting them.
That is indeed good for you to have spotless service in time always. Hope they keep up their speed of servicing with growing number of clients and you will keep enjoying swift service times.

However, it is not so in Mumbai, atleast quite a few dealerships I observed here with the cars flooding in the whole day. Many of the customers have to either leave car waiting to hear from the dealership for completion or those waiting have to sometimes wait until end of day to get even for regular service or small job. I will give you an example. There was a guy who taken first appointment and waiting in the lounge, work required on his Etios was to replace the lock system and program the remotes as he had lost a set of keys. Initially they quoted a few hours which eventually turned into the whole and he ended up leaving at dusk. Tell you something, even a few guys going in for 1 Hour Swift service have to wait there atleast half a day to get out of the place.

As per my experience, as I said, it is not always but some occasions having also observed for quite a few waiting there and this inspite of getting the initial appointments of 9:30-10:30 AM.

I have even given various feedback to Toyota asking to reduce the load on workers, increase taskforce and reduce waiting times for customers atleast prioritizing those waiting in the lounge having taken early appointments.

It is quite subjective as per the situation and the amount of cars being handled at a place.

I sincerely hope the situation really becomes as rosy as yours for all of Toyota's customers.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 20:53   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
I sincerely hope the situation really becomes as rosy as yours for all of Toyota's customers.
Seems to be an issue with capacity management.
In Nippon Toyota what I've seen is they never allow more cars than what is planned for a day. So, suppose I ask for a service appointment today, I might get it only after 3-4 days. But, once that's confirmed, they ensure that the staffs are allocated exclusively for my car during that time.

Probably, Mumbai is having more Toyota cars than their capacity and the rocket high land prices over there is preventing them from opening new dealerships as easily as in Kerala.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 22:30   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
....My experience have been always timely. ...

Nippon Toyota, Kalamassery, Cochin ( Supposedly the biggest car showroom in India )
Nippon Toyota, Nettoor, Cochin &
Nippon Toyota, Trivandrum...
I guess that's because Nippon Toyota bags #1 Award among ALL INDIA Toyota dealers, year after year.

When I went to Nippon Kottayam, the sales guy pushed the car stating the low cost of ownership and also mentioned I will need to take a prior appointment for service. So I guess they set expectations right even before purchasing a vehicle.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 15th March 2013 at 22:32.
Old 16th March 2013, 21:02   #111
Senior - BHPian

Etios/Liva 2013 facelift launch function at Nippon Toyota, Kalamassery

Visited Nippon Toyota today evening to view the official launch of 2013 Etios/Liva. Here comes the pictures.

Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)-img_3571.jpg
The thin chrome strip on the middle of the grill is one of the 2 changes made on the grill of new Etios.

Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)-img_3572.jpg
The subtle vertical grooving below each vertical bar is the 2nd change made to the grill.

Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)-img_3573.jpg
Ready for launch

Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)-img_3575.jpg
Malayalam Film Actor - Siddique was the special guest.

Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)-img_3588.jpg
Getting ready for the launch

Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)-img_3590.jpg
Siddique started the car and rolled it inside the showroom to perform the inauguration.

Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)-img_3595.jpg
The new rear arm rest accessory from Toyota ( Accessory which can be added to any car, I guess ). Notice the belt at the bottom which is holding it in place

Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)-img_3597.jpg
The new blinkers on the ORVM lighting up.

New information regarding NVH control done on the new model.
  • Noise enters the cabin through 2 medium - air and the metal frame. Nippon Toyota staff was of the opinion that the hydraulic engine mount does reduce the noise entering through the frame. So, a simple hydraulic engine mount upgrade should reduce the NVH even on the old model. The parts details of hydraulic engine mount is not yet made available. But, for Corolla, 3 hydraulic engine mounts costs 10,000 odd.
  • Extra noise insulation padding is added on both sides of the engine firewall. Also, added near the AC filter.

I got the contact details of the technical head at Nippon Toyota, Kalamassery. So, I'll be following up with him regarding the feasibility of reducing NVH on the old model once the parts details are published by Toyota to the dealer. The most confidence inspiring fact is that the technical head himself owns a Liva Diesel old model. That should act as a motivation for him to find a solution.

Explanation regarding 4mm increase in GC
I got information from an Etios owner than the coil springs on the 2013 model is longer with one more coil to increase the Ground Clearance to 174mm ( On the Liva, it's still 170 mm though ). I couldn't confirm this with Toyota though, since I had to go elsewhere.

Last, but not the least, thank you, Nippon Toyota for the sandwich, puffs, cookie, cake and tea.

Last edited by amalji : 16th March 2013 at 21:10.
amalji is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th March 2013, 18:59   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Also note the Speedo's color -Blue-Black, no tacho. This one is a GD-SP model.
Guys I own the Liva GD. Can I replace my weighing scale type white background speedo with this blue one? Looks more pleasing.
Old 18th March 2013, 12:21   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post

Guys I own the Liva GD. Can I replace my weighing scale type white background speedo with this blue one? Looks more pleasing.
As per the initial feedback from the dealer, it should be possible. But, they said they should try it once before giving a confirmation. :-)
Old 18th March 2013, 17:30   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

The new grey color suits the Etios and Liva well.

Spotted both these twins in the grey color at Ravindu Toyota Showroom opposite to Iskon Temple.
Old 18th March 2013, 19:06   #115
GTO
Team-BHP Support

After a long time, I drove a special hatchback. In today's diesel-dominated world, manufacturers don't bother with going over 1.2L petrol engines. By plonking the 1.5L motor into the Liva's bay, Toyota has created one of the most fun-to-drive petrol hatchbacks.

Torque & driveability are stupendously good, while outright acceleration will easily embarrass most C2 segment sedans. Because of the light weight & basic nature of the car, there's a certain mechanical purity that you get....reminded me of my 2003 Vtec in some ways. The handling is surprisingly neutral (even better than the Etios), the gearshift smooth and the clutch super-light to use. It blows the Polo 1.6 away, whether it's ease of driving within the city, or performance on the open road.

The three main downsides are the super-light steering (fly in the driving ointment), missing equipment (even top-end TRD doesn't get a rear defogger or electric mirrors!!!) and basic / old interior design.

Official Review will be up in the next week. The only other petrol hatchback I enjoyed driving so much (in recent time) is the light-weight Brio (with a nearly identical horsepower rating).
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 20:30   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
After a long time, I drove a special hatchback. In today's diesel-dominated world, manufacturers don't bother with going over 1.2L petrol engines. By plonking the 1.5L motor into the Liva's bay, Toyota has created one of the most fun-to-drive petrol hatchbacks.
Now THIS is what I was waiting for. I spoke with the Totoya guys over the weekend if they had the test vehicle yet but though they have recieved the display vehicle, they dont have the TD car yet. Have left my number with them to let me know when have it available.
Lack of defogger is a bummer though, might be able to live with the other two :( .
Until then, am waiting for the official review.
Old 18th March 2013, 21:08   #117
BHPian

Quote:
.... missing equipment (even top-end TRD doesn't get a rear defogger or electric mirrors!!!)
If I may ask, is there a rear wiper on the TRD model (petrol)? It appears that the 1.5 engine comes in only the equivalent of G- SP variant?
Old 18th March 2013, 21:16   #118
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
if they had the test vehicle yet
Go for it when you have a chance. Floor it in 1st and you'll see:

1. The front end of the car rise up
2. Loads of torque steer

The grip levels are surprisingly good. Have fun driving it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
is there a rear wiper on the TRD model (petrol)?
Nope. From the back of my head, these were the missing essentials:

Rear wash / wipe
Foglamps (on a car with body kit )
Electric mirrors
Steering-mounted audio controls

The new front seats (with adjustable neck restraints), however, are top-class. And the double-din head unit looks & feels very premium.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 21:29   #119
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Does that mean that this variant does not have the flat bottomed steering from the top end Liva/Etios?

Steering mounted controls in earlier were only on flat bottomed steerings.

That will be really sad on a car with sporty pretensions if they removed the flat bottomed wheel.
Old 18th March 2013, 22:02   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Go for it when you have a chance. Floor it in 1st and you'll see:

1. The front end of the car rise up
2. Loads of torque steer

The grip levels are surprisingly good. Have fun driving it!

Nope. From the back of my head, these were the missing essentials:

Rear wash / wipe
Foglamps (on a car with body kit )
Electric mirrors

The new front seats (with adjustable neck restraints), however, are top-class. And the double-din head unit looks & feels very premium.

What's the top speed? Any idea? I think it might be slightly higher than the Etios petrol's top speed. 180+ ?
What's the max you did?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed