Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2013, 19:25   #1
Senior - BHPian

Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)

Mod Note : Please continue the Liva 1.5L TRD Sportivo Discussion in Our Official Review. Thanks

Toyota is gearing up to launch the face lifted versions of the Etios sedan and the Etios Liva hatchback by the end of the month.
The report in motorbeam states that a total of 118 changes are going to be made by Toyota to the two cars.

Key changes;
  • They will get new headlamp and tail lamp design with sleeker outside rear view mirrors with integrated indicators.
  • The interior now gets a sea of beige in an attempt to make it feel more upmarket.
  • The quality of plastic too seems to be better.
  • The Toyota Etios twins get a new music system with a touch screen display and possibly addition of Bluetooth, USB and CD player.
  • The garish red and grey upholstery is gone and is replaced with brown and beige on the seats as well as door panels.
  • The door gets new silver coloured trim which does look classy.
  • The seats become thinner and gets adjustable headrests.
  • There is addition of a few chrome trims too on the dashboard and centre console of the Etios twins.
  • A classy black and chrome gear knob replaces the tacky red and grey one.
More read at: http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/toyota...in-march-2013/

Last edited by GTO : 27th March 2013 at 16:12. Reason: Adding link to Liva 1.5 Review
sarathlal is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 01:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)

There are lots of rumors. Toyota Bharath is silent on this issue. Motor beam, car dekho etc are releasing the gear heads video etc. I am waiting to book. My sales person says that they are launching on 10th in TKM(Toyota Kirloskar Motor) headquarters. Then they plan for a launch in Chennai on 13th. Even it is heard that the price variation will be of Rs 8000 only. I am serious on the face lift only for the low NVH, which is high in the existing one. So I am waiting for the Etios GD SP.Let us wait for two days count down.
Old 8th March 2013, 08:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota to launch the Etios and Liva facelift. EDIT : Launched (details on Page 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
My sales person says that they are launching on 10th in TKM(Toyota Kirloskar Motor) headquarters. Then they plan for a launch in Chennai on 13th.
Some announcement on 10th seems highly probable. They've put ads in the last few days mentioning offers worth 50k on the Etios twins for bookings till March 9th.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 11:59   #4
BHPian

Quote:
There are lots of rumors. Toyota Bharath is silent on this issue. Motor beam, car dekho etc are releasing the gear heads video etc. I am waiting to book. My sales person says that they are launching on 10th in TKM(Toyota Kirloskar Motor) headquarters. Then they plan for a launch in Chennai on 13th. Even it is heard that the price variation will be of Rs 8000 only. I am serious on the face lift only for the low NVH, which is high in the existing one. So I am waiting for the Etios GD SP.Let us wait for two days count down.
Yes, it should be available is a couple of days.
ET has this news as well, stating dealer despatch has already started earlier this week.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/18857085.cms
Old 8th March 2013, 12:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 8th March 2013 at 14:41.
navan49 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th March 2013, 12:37   #6
rkg
Senior - BHPian

It is indeed on March 10th 2013. I got SMS from Ravindu Toyota

"Touch and feel the upgraded version of The New toyota etios and Liva on 10th match at 3.00 PM at Ravindu Toyota"
rkg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 12:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

The changes sound like the Maruti School of new car launches
-Beige and brown interiors will make it cheap beige and brown instead of cheap dreary grey.
-Touchscreen will be on the top end, nothing great about it, the one on the Fortuner seems aftermarket, wonder how much worse this will look.
-Thinner seats and adjustable headrests, I hope the seats are thicker than the headrest holders at least.
-The centre console is the worst bit about the Etios cars, chrome won't do anything about that.

How about Toyota making cars just like everyone else:

2 wipers for the front.
Instrument console behind the steering.
Proper seats all around, this includes adjustable headrests.
Proper MID system.

I am not holding my breath, these cars are quite lame, the Logan is a better buy than the Etios, any hatch is better than the Liva. I guess the Taxi segment should like these changes.
avira_tk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 12:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any how 10th March is not far away. It is in the near future. At this time I would have been driving my Etios GD SP, with out facelift. But last minute confusion made me to wait for the Facelift. I have already sold my car and it is to he handed over in a day or two. If the face lifted one will be delayed for delivery I will be without vehicle. All these put me in tension.
Check out the TBHP official Etios TD thread for video showing the changes.
Old 8th March 2013, 12:53   #9
BHPian

Looks like the preliminary reports of Honda Amaze has made Toyota realise that they need to do something about Etios.

So now Etios/Liva looks like a proper car now with all essentials in place without looking build to price which was so obvious in the previous car.

If they maintain the same ride quality and improve the wafer thin sheet metal then it seems good package.

So now Honda and Toyota can jointly split the Dzire pie provided price is right !!.

Only time will tell

Cheers
MKP
Old 8th March 2013, 13:08   #10
PCS
BHPian

Launch Confirmed 10th march late night

After Final Cricket Match of Toyota University championship

I got an sms too
PCS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 14:57   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Toyota is gearing up to launch the face lifted versions of the Etios sedan and the Etios Liva hatchback by the end of the month.
The report in motorbeam states that a total of 118 changes are going to be made by Toyota to the two cars.

Key changes;
  • They will get new headlamp and tail lamp design with sleeker outside rear view mirrors with integrated indicators.
  • The interior now gets a sea of beige in an attempt to make it feel more upmarket.
  • The Toyota Etios twins get a new music system with a touch screen display and possibly addition of Bluetooth, USB and CD player.
  • The garish red and grey upholstery is gone and is replaced with brown and beige on the seats as well as door panels.
  • There is addition of a few chrome trims too on the dashboard and centre console of the Etios twins.
The video shows no automatic climate control. Wish Toyota had included it at least on the Vx version.
Old 8th March 2013, 19:10   #12
BHPian

Guys , here are the changes as per the dealer, i just got a sms from sales person where we bought our innova

New Grey Colour
Base variant in Diesel - JD
New Beige Interiors
All variants of Etios gets 15 inch tyre
G grade now has Audio (earlier V onwards)
V grade will get AUdio and Bluetooth
New Grille
New Outer Mirror Indicator
New Centre Meter (with blue effect)
wood finish armrest
Adjustable front headrest
No VX Grade from now onwards
New Grades will be J/JD G/GD V/VD Gand V will have safety item
New Tail Lamps
Height adjustable driver seat
Hero Puch is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 19:17   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post

Key changes;
Thanks for the info.
We booked a swift a couple weeks ago due for delivery in April first week, requested intentionally for the new fiscal, We saw many cars including the toyota hatch. I for one could not find anything appealing at all upon sitting inside. It felt like a slighty premium Alto o.O. I think I spent a total of 10 mins with the car before walking away from the Toyota showroom that's including test drive. I hope these changes work out for them, would love to see some equally appealing options for shoppers in the market for a swift : )))
Old 8th March 2013, 19:50   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Puch View Post
Guys , here are the changes as per the dealer, i just got a sms from sales person where we bought our innova

New Grades will be J/JD G/GD V/VD Gand V will have safety item..
So GD will NOT even have optional safety kit? That sucks! Now this looks like the Swift range where safety pack is available only on the top variant.

Toyota could have made it atleast optional on the G variant to get an edge. There are a lot of people who prefer to have safety pack, but can't afford the top variant!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 21:31   #15
BHPian

video of facelifted Liva

Amateur video of liva facelift.

Clearly shows the new seats, new music system, new headlights, biege seats not sure if there is any change in tail lamps.

MODS: Please remove video if it violates any rules.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed