Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2013, 11:08   #61
BHPian

Re: Mahindra recalls XUV500 from 2011-2012 batch for replacement of certain parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
More data points about the hooter issue.

Saw the new part which has a plastic tie-string so that it doesn't fall off.
In my XUV, the hooter (siren assy.) was replaced proactively, but the new siren looks completely identical to the old one and does not have this plastic tie-string. Yesterday, I asked my ASC about this modified siren with tie-string but they were completely unaware of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Thanks a lot.

The problem is, with so many new parts coming in now and then, we as a customer do not get to know if that part is actually the current one. For e.g. now these new bushes coming in, we would not know if they did replace it with the new one or the old ones. Only after using it for some time then only we can make out. Thats sad. I guess they should clearly show new parts with the codes or something to customers before putting them in. Would make life much easier.
AFAIK, M&M do have a system in place in that XUVs which require replacement of a known failure-prone part are clearly flagged in their computer database. As we all know, in a sort of 'mini-recall', power window motors, power steering hoses, and wiper casings have been proactively changed in thousands of XUVs. My XUV, which is of Oct 2012 vintage, did not require these 3 modifications but was flagged for siren replacement. But the funny thing is that though my siren has been changed, it does not have the tie-string as reported by other XUV owners. So is my replaced siren indeed the latest modified one? My ASC does not have the answer. So clearly there seems to be a lack of proper communication between M&M and their ASCs.
Old 8th June 2013, 12:48   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra recalls XUV500 from 2011-2012 batch for replacement of certain parts

Quote:
Its located below the coolant container. Not easily visible. The following post from Debuda's thread shows one picture of a mechanic trying to access the hooter.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3060918

There is a M&M authorised jugaad solution .
There is a new hooter which has apparently better plastics (as claimed by M&M). Additionally there is a plastic-tie (this is what I meant by jugaad) that comes with the new part that needs to be attached somewhere to the frame so that even in the unfortunate occurance of the hooter plastic part failing, the entire hooter won't fall down and get entangled in the accessories belt.
I dropped my car for general checkup and sorting out minor niggles. The brake pads have been changed to Galfer on my complaint of occasional grinding noise after repeated braking. There is not much difference in pedal feel but i'd let the pads bed in properly before comparing them to older Bosch pads.

I was getting Navigation not available error on screen, they've changed the whole infotainment system with screen, which also comes with latest version 8 of Maps. With the new system, responsiveness has improved a lot especially the time taken by reverse camera to activate is much faster. Hope it also improves the accuracy of FE readout.

The left side LED parking lamps were flickering at times, so my car has got a new pair of Headlamps(both, they found issue with RHS side too).

I also asked them to replace the alarm hooter if it is old design, even if it is not under warranty i asked them to charge me for it, finally replaced under warranty.

The front stabilizer bar bushes are in perfect shape, they claim the rattle was from loose bolts somewhere, which have been fixed, i am yet to check if the noise has gone.

Apart from other stuff i also got Engine oil changed, even though it was not due. Overall a much deserved 10/10 service experience from Sri Durga Auto, Mayapuri. Finally came across a well informed RM Pranay, who also does his job well and follows Team-BHP.

So finally my XUV is ready to conquer the Himalayas.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2013, 13:04   #63
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I was getting Navigation not available error on screen, they've changed the whole infotainment system with screen, which also comes with latest version 8 of Maps. With the new system, responsiveness has improved a lot especially the time taken by reverse camera to activate is much faster. Hope it also improves the accuracy of FE readout.
After Heavy_Horse, you are the second person who reported changing the entire infotainment system and getting MMI version 8 with better overall responsiveness. Looks like, a better system from Nippon is in place.

How is the fan-noise from the new system? The old one, as you know, has a distinctly audible fan.

Last edited by SDP : 8th June 2013 at 13:09.
Old 9th June 2013, 01:20   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

How is the fan-noise from the new system? The old one, as you know, has a distinctly audible
I have not checked the system for fan noise, before upgrade the fan noise was prominently audible. Let me check and get back with my observations.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2013, 15:59   #65
BHPian

Is it safe to assume that all the major niggles with XUV are sorted now? i am looking to buy one in the near future, and your thoughts would be helpful. Thanks
Old 9th June 2013, 18:03   #66
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Is it safe to assume that all the major niggles with XUV are sorted now? i am looking to buy one in the near future, and your thoughts would be helpful. Thanks
With M&M's (lack of) proactiveness about communication, only M&M and God can make that statement!

On a more serious note, yes its seems that way that all major niggles are sorted out by now. The minor ones..its a long tail and would possibly take another year or two (if at all) before the vehicle becomes niggle-free.

All the best!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks