Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2013, 13:48   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra facelift - Spotted in full skin. EDIT : Now in Pune!

I have driven the Micra and its a pretty decent car! The looks dont seem to offend anyone and is very spacious. On the other hand the car lacks excitement factor and Nissan failed to market it the right way. When the car was launched it was only in petrol and was quite expensive. Later they did price corrections and there was a time when they were offering the base petrol { with one airbag} for about 4.5 lakhs OTR bangalore { i think this was in 2011}. With price corrections and diesel variants, Nissan should pit the micra squarely against the Figo and the Ritz to gain some decent numbers.
Old 4th June 2013, 13:52   #32
BHPian

So this means, India-spec car looks different than the Thailand version. Secondly, werent there some spy pics of a third facelift as well?
Old 4th June 2013, 14:09   #33
BHPian

Those headlights look like they have been inspired by the boomerang lights of the 370Z. Good move nissan!
Old 4th June 2013, 14:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

Euro/India spec 2013 Nissan Micra facelift unveiled

Link to News Section

Nissan has released official imagery and details of the 2014 Micra Facelift headed to the European car market. India is a major production hub for the Micra hatchback, with a lion's share of production headed to export shores. In fact Nissan India exports more Micra hatchbacks to countries across the world than it sells in India. With the images of the Euro-spec 2014 Micra Facelift hitting the interweb, speculation on whether the same car would be launched in India has begun doing the rounds. Notably, the Euro-spec car is pretty similar to the Thai-version of the car, except for detailing changes on the interiors and the flaring on the headlamps.

Nissan Micra facelift - Spotted in full skin. EDIT : Now in Pune!-2013nissanmicrafaceliftfrontthreequarterright1024x681.jpg

A set of spyshots showing a camouflaged Nissan Micra has been doing the rounds in India. The camouflaged version of the Micra, while showing a refreshed grille borrowed from the Thai-spec Micra, showed another change in the form of flared headlamps. Also, an OnCars report, which quotes unnamed Nissan sources, claims that the India-spec Micra facelift will be different from the Thai-version. Combining the spyshots, various renders on the interweb and the OnCars report, it appears that the facelifted Micra sold in India will indeed look visually different from the Thai spec models. These changes are depicted by images of the facelifted 2014 Euro-spec Micra. So, it appears that the Indian model will reflect these changes as India will be the place from where the hatchback will be exported to over 100 countries across the world.

Nissan Micra facelift - Spotted in full skin. EDIT : Now in Pune!-2013nissanmicrafrontfacelift1024x680.jpg

Under the hood, the Micra Facelift will be available with 3 options: 1.2 Liter-3 cylinder petrol engine outputting 80 PS-110 Nm, a 1.2 Liter DIG-S supercharged engine outputting 98 PS and a 1.5 Liter K9K turbo diesel engine delivering 65 Bhp-160 Nm. Of these engines, the Indian version of the facelifted 2014 Micra hatchback will be available with the 1.2 Liter-80 PS petrol engine and the 1.5 Liter K9K diesel engine. A five speed manual gearbox is standard across all engines while a CVT automatic gearbox will be offered on the petrol versions. Nissan India will launch the facelifted 2014 Micra Petrol with both manual and automatic gearbox options while the diesel engine will make do with the 5 speed stick shift.

Nissan Micra facelift - Spotted in full skin. EDIT : Now in Pune!-2013nissanmicrafaceliftcabin1024x680.jpg

The facelifted version of the 2014 India-spec Micra is anticipated to be launched in the next few months. Here's a round up of changes that the facelift brings to the table: Chrome front grille, Bonnet, Headlamps, Front Bumper, Fog Lamps, 15 inch and 16 inch alloy wheels, redesigned rear bumper and new tail lamps. On the inside, the Euro-spec model gets black finish for the interiors with revamped upholstery and redesigned air vents. India might get a beige finish, similar to that found on the Thai-spec version. Apart from this, the center console is an all new item and so is the touch screen infotainment system that gets satellite navigation, USB and Bluetooth connectivity. On the features front, a new parking system has been added to the car in the form of the parking slot measurement system. Also, the car gets reverse parking sensors.

Nissan Micra facelift - Spotted in full skin. EDIT : Now in Pune!-2013nissanmicrafacelifttaillights1024x681.jpg

The 2014 Micra facelift represents the first major refresh for the India-spec model of the car. The Micra hasn't been selling very well in India and this could have much to do with the price at which the diesel engined variants are priced. Nissan India would do well to add features such as ABS and Passenger Airbag to the Micra Diesel, in order to bring the car up to speed in comparison with well kitted out competition.

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 4th June 2013 at 14:38. Reason: Added News Link
Old 4th June 2013, 14:59   #35
BHPian

The revised center console with the camouflaged audio system looks so much better than the current version.

If this goes into the Sunny/Scala as well, it will make the iteriors much better. The only things I dislike about the Sunny/scala are the ugly looking audio system and similarly themed steering mounted controls. I see the steering mounted controls are not changed in the facelift, now it is not in sync with the audio system also. It really stands out.

Last edited by vasanthn21 : 4th June 2013 at 15:01.
Old 4th June 2013, 16:08   #36
Senior - BHPian

The front end from the head-on view looks heavily inspired by the refreshed i10 to me. The fog lamps, the grille outline and even the headlamps, to an extent.

In any case, this is a much better looking car overall than the current Micra. Here is hoping they retain the black interiors for India!
Old 5th June 2013, 12:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

http://www.autocarindia.com/Review/3...t-drive.aspx/3

Should be worth a dekko now if a small auto is on your radar i must say. I despised the looks of Micra. Until now..

Quote:
Thumb the start button and the 1.2-litre three cylinder motor settles into a well-damped idle. Initial responses are quite positive and the torque from the motor makes it feel quick enough for city use. Nissan’s 1.2 always felt torquey, punchy and quick, and here too, at city speeds, the combination of the engine and CVT gearbox works well. Refinement at these speeds is good and the light steering and controls make it quite suitable as a city runabout.
Quote:
However, ask for more power and the rubberband effect of the CVT gearbox pretty much eliminates the direct link between the throttle and engine responsiveness, and that takes away from the driving experience. The motor still pulls well after 3500rpm, and then it does feel a bit quicker. But even then, it is not exciting to drive on an open road. The motor also gets pretty thrummy when spun faster – it is a three-cylinder unit after all. There’s no getting around it, the driving experience is quite dull. And while Nissan has tweaked the suspension, get on a poorly maintained road and the ride is still a bit stiff, the car crashing over sharp bumps in the road.
Old 6th June 2013, 11:22   #38
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT - why none of the players is offering a diesel hatch? I know diesel motors offer a higher torque, yet it is not impossible to mate it with a autobox.

In higher end cars, this has always been present. Even if it is slightly costly, I am sure, family users will pick up auto diesel hatch and economy of scale can work there too.

Why not FIAT to start with? when they are selling national engine why not a autobox coupled with it?

Maruti can get a straight advantage of such an offereing against Amaze ! with both Swift and Dezire auto-diesels and yes FIAT too - they do have some autoboxes which can be synced with the MJD !

Why leave this market when players have made investments for sub-4 meter benifits in India.

Autobox Hatch Diesel - please bring it see things taking a total new diamension

Nissan - Get interested in this please !
Old 6th June 2013, 11:59   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Slightly OT - why none of the players is offering a diesel hatch? I know diesel motors offer a higher torque, yet it is not impossible to mate it with a autobox.

In higher end cars, this has always been present. Even if it is slightly costly, I am sure, family users will pick up auto diesel hatch and economy of scale can work there too.

Why not FIAT to start with? when they are selling national engine why not a autobox coupled with it?

Maruti can get a straight advantage of such an offereing against Amaze ! with both Swift and Dezire auto-diesels and yes FIAT too - they do have some autoboxes which can be synced with the MJD !

Why leave this market when players have made investments for sub-4 meter benifits in India.

Autobox Hatch Diesel - please bring it see things taking a total new diamension

Nissan - Get interested in this please !
I think the bigger problem may be the price point. A diesel automatic hatch may become extremely expensive. Take for example the diesel I20 auto. Obscenely expensive. In today's day it costs as much as a Honda city and Nissan sunny.
Old 6th June 2013, 12:15   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
I think the bigger problem may be the price point. A diesel automatic hatch may become extremely expensive. Take for example the diesel I20 auto. Obscenely expensive. In today's day it costs as much as a Honda city and Nissan sunny.
Doesn't mean it will not find buyers. Launch a lower variant if you must, but that's a HUGE potential market waiting to be tapped. Anyway, we are going OT here. There's a seperate thread on this discussion I believe.

Coming back to the topic, the ACI review seems mostly positive about the changes to the exterior and interiors. But somehow, the Micra doesn't have any 'wow' factor to differentiate itself in the already crowded hatchback market. Unless priced competitively, I really can't foresee why someone wouldn't go for the Brio automatic instead.
Old 6th June 2013, 12:25   #41
Senior - BHPian

Has the facelifted Micra been launched here already?

Overdrive says it has been launched yesterday - they already have a test drive report on it.

Any news on the pricing? IFO love the Deep Blue color and this might be the right recipe for my ageing Santro.
Old 27th June 2013, 12:10   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Reports indicate that the 2013 Micra will be launched in India on July 3.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/06/2...a-launch-84114
Old 27th June 2013, 13:29   #43
Senior - BHPian

Nothing major, except the front grill has Nissan Patrol like front bars in chrome.
Old 2nd July 2013, 23:35   #44
BANNED

As per Shahwar Nissan (a dealer in Bangalore), it will lunch tomorrow.
http://m.facebook.com/nissanshahwarindia
Old 2nd July 2013, 23:59   #45
BHPian

Is the new facelift model called Nissan Micra Primo? I was browsing through the Micra prices and found the pricing for the Micra Primo - http://screencast.com/t/aXD0MQZzpIk, Does this mean both models are going to co-exist?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed