Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2015, 11:13   #271
BHPian

Re: Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted

Spotted this mini Mahindra camouflaged test mule being tested on the roads of Nasik during my visit there last week. The test driver was giving it bursts of acceleration wherever possible in the city traffic.
The rear end is very similar to the Quanto. I hope this one also doesn't end up looking as disproportionate as the Quanto

I think Intrnl Cmbstn that the set of pictures that you have uploaded are indeed those of the Quanto Update. The S101 does not seem to have a spare tire on the hatch and the tail lamps are located much below as seen in the earlier pictures
Old 8th August 2015, 16:53   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrnl_Cmbstn View Post
Spotted this mini Mahindra camouflaged test mule being tested on the roads of Nasik during my visit there last week. The test driver was giving it bursts of acceleration wherever possible in the city traffic. The rear end is very similar to the Quanto. I hope this one also doesn't end up looking as disproportionate as the Quanto.
This looks like the updated/refreshed Quanto that is being tested.

Mods: Request these posts to be moved to the appropriate thread.
Old 8th August 2015, 17:08   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMaama View Post
I think Intrnl Cmbstn that the set of pictures that you have uploaded are indeed those of the Quanto Update. The S101 does not seem to have a spare tire on the hatch and the tail lamps are located much below as seen in the earlier pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmrsm View Post
This looks like the updated/refreshed Quanto that is being tested.
Yes, this isn't the S101, that was clear. But did know which car this is. I wondered if Mahindra is coming up with two new mini SUVs, and this would be the one to replace the Quanto. Thanks for clarifying.

About the S101 - it hardly looks like a crossover / mini SUV. It seems to be more like a cross version of a hatchback. It would be an insult to SUVs if this is promoted as an SUV.

Mods: get this one shifted to the right thread then. Thanks.
Old 8th August 2015, 17:53   #274
BHPian

Mahinda S101 spotted again. Stance looks a lot like Renault Kwid

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-1.jpg
Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-2.jpg
Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-3.jpg

Quote:
In what seems like a major twist in the case of the Mahindra’s spy shots of their codenamed SUV S101 has been witnessed today. All this time Mahindra has tried its level to fool the preying eyes of the spies. First the car was seen with bulbs on both sides, which were devoid of the glass cluster and now front and rear both get clusters. First Mahindra S101 was spotted testing with clear lens tail-lights now it becomes red.

Mahindra XUV100 / CUV100 also has been spotted with production spec alloy wheels as well. Most of the time wheels were seen from earlier cars and they were blackened out as well. The Mahindra XUV100 / CUV100 has lost a lot of camouflage, which also reveals a Chevrolet Beat style upward mounted rear door handle. If you notice the body of the rear door is flat and upper part is camouflaged for this reason. Interior are still heavily camouflaged, but as we know its set to get a touchscreen informative unit along with a sporty steering wheel.
Source: GaadiWaadi

Last edited by damager21 : 8th August 2015 at 18:02.
damager21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 01:44   #275
BHPian

Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV tested alongside a Swift ?

Something interesting for all who have been talking about this vehicle to be similar in size as WagonR, a hatchback etc and not a mini SUV at all.

I followed a test mule here in Chennai (GST Road) for approximately about 7Kms. It was being tested along with a new Swift ZDi. I am 100% sure that the swift was being used to benchmark testing results because,
  • Both the cars stopped at a roadside tea shop and the drivers were speaking to one another.
  • The swift driver and the Mahindra test mule driver were wearing similar shirts (uniform).
  • There were thick cables that ran from the bonnet and went inside the passenger compartment area thru the window. These cables were connected to some diagnostic meters/equipment's in the swift.
  • Similar cable and diagnostic meters/equipment's were seen in the test mule as well.

My assumption (may be wrong):

1) This vehicle is not a mini SUV at all. Mahindra is bringing in a hatch.

2) This vehicle is a mini SUV. Mahindra is comparing engine performance with Swift because the same engine could find its way to Maruti's upcoming mini SUV (XA Alpha aka YBA)

Need some expert views here!
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-1111.jpg  

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-3333.jpg  

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-2222.jpg  

rubicon is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 13:29   #276
BHPian

I remember seeing some initial renderings by Autocar India where the spare wheel was mounted on the hatch but it appears that the final form does not have the spare on the hatch. Could this be a Verito/Vibe replacement?

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 18th August 2015 at 17:10.
Old 18th August 2015, 16:54   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindr'a mini crossover again.
The front shot reveals the projector headlamps, raised bonnet and the front grille which looks quite inspired from the XUV500-ish.
Quote:
This test mule was equipped with 185/65 R15 wheel size while the top variant is expected to have 16-inch wheels. The one pictured here is a production ready test mule as it was painted in red color with production ready headlamps, tail lamps and ORVMs. The ORVMs do not have integrated side indicator
Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-137084585.jpg
Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-137084414.jpg
Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-137084408.jpg
Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-137084411.jpg
Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-137084417.jpg

http://www.motortrend.in/autonews/69...ior-images.htm
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 18:47   #278
BHPian

Interiors and mid-row space looks good, however looks like not so dynamically accomplished. Hope this wont go Xylo way.
Old 18th August 2015, 23:12   #279
BHPian

Here are my observations on the interior shots posted above.

- New design steering wheel, noticeably different from the flagship XUV500 steering wheel. You can see the volume controls, bluetooth controls and mute button on the steering, suggesting the car has bluetooth audio and telephony feature.
- Integrated AVN system which should have the old XUV/new Scorpio's touchscreen software. Touchscreen looks about 6 inches and if you look closely, you can see a picture of a car on the screen. This screen shows when we choose the fuel economy option on the Scorpio's touchscreen.
- Dash mounted gearbox, which is not visible in the spy pic.
- AC controls aligned to the left and has a finish similar to the previous gen Honda Jazz. No Auto Climate Control.
- Hooded binnacle which seems to be finished with silver accents.
- Waterfall console with silver accents which ends in a U shaped design.
- The front middle seat folds as a centre arm rest for the drive and co passenger. It also has cup holders/storage bin and a plastic lever the front to move the armrest into a backrest for middle seat.
- Door locks seem to have a design close to the Ecosport's door locks, but finished in matte plastic.
- Good fit and finish, notice how the glovebox shuts uniformly.
- Rear bench has as much space as an Etios, which is considered as one of the most spaciest and widest hatchback.
- Handbrake, not visible in the spy pic, could be like the ones in Tavera, Qualis and Datsun Go. The twist and turn type handbrake levers. I sense lot of tall people complaining about their knees brushing the lever.

Exteriors:
- Very much designed to look like a compact softroader, like Ecosport, but ends like looking like a grown up hatchback. I reserve my opinion of the design until it is officially revealed.
- Rear doors have a Beat like door handles.
- New Scorpio like fang grille at the front.
- Antenna just above the windshield at the front middle of the roof.
- Rear wipers
- Foglamps may be situated at the bottom part of the bumper

Last edited by karthick_b : 18th August 2015 at 23:13. Reason: Grammar
karthick_b is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 10:37   #280

Does anyone know if the Datsun had a foldable front middle seat as well? It seems like an obvious addition and is a good option to cover-up and hide the tacky and otherwise unusable space up front.
On the plus side, the interiors look like a step-up from previous M&M offerings. Thankfully they haven't gone overboard with the styling(like with the XUV), and it looks quite well put together.
Old 20th August 2015, 11:28   #281
BHPian

A compact SUV of the size of Swift. Manufacturers too have become politicians now.

Whoever coined the term "taken for a ride"
wheeledsoul is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 13:41   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeledsoul View Post
A compact SUV of the size of Swift.
Probably this is an "SUV" competing with the likes of i20 Active, Cross Polo, Etios Cross, and Avventura.
It may not be in the league of Ecosport, seeing its height.
Old 20th August 2015, 13:54   #283
BHPian

Looking at the pictures it would be okay to call this the mini cheetah. With so many cars in the segment mahindra has got its work cut out for them. Expect loads of features maybe even cruise control among others
Old 21st August 2015, 09:50   #284
BHPian

If Mahindra wanted to make a 6 seater they should have looked to Fiat Multipla or Honda FR-V for inspiration and not the Datsun Go

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/cro...-13_460x0w.jpg

I hope they have made plumbing for AC vents for the second row assuming that the middle seat in front would be used always.

OT : If they sell it as a six seater would it be in a separate tax category ?
Old 25th August 2015, 17:27   #285
BHPian

Today I saw Mahindra S101 testing mule parked behind my office. Looks like a car and not mini SUV to me :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-imag0723.jpg  

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-imag0724.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks