Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2015, 00:42   #301

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Not the best of decisions I my personal opinion. Wonder on what parallels Mahindra would want to use the XUV naming convention.

Atleast in our country, its the ascending naming (alpha numerial) convention that has worked, classic example is the Hyundai with its 'i' badging (i10, i20, i10 Grand). To a layman, it denotes something better with each ascending number and may also relate to a better snob value.

Bajaj did it with the Pulsar and Discover series and ended up confusing everyone and finally themselves!

I think it's a smart move. Do you think MAHINDRA can win the hatchback segment? Against Maruti Suzuki? That's a David Goliath story gone bad alright! Mahindra is a very smart company, they are trying to use their strength to their advantage. XUV is already an established brand. Using it will give them another advantage: it is telling everyone that it is an UV and it is as tough as the Xuv! With a single name, they have put forth a brand that could kill a lot of vehicles in the hatchback segment. Like Dr Goenka, ED of Mahindra said, "customers don't really care if it's an hatchback or a sedan or a UV, he enters the showroom with a given budget. He could buy anything if it fits the budget" I think the name is a killer!
akileshsri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 12:25   #302
BHPian

Re: Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted

A sub 4 meter Mahindra XUV100 could replicate the success of XUV500 if,

1. The back doesn't end up being disproportionate to the front, as if someone sliced up an old XUV 500 by 3/4 abruptly. (In simple words, read design integration). Going by the scoop pics, I feel they haven't done such a good job at the rear (reminds me of Tata Indica Vista)

2. Interior Quality/Equipment can't be skimped too much, as the XUV branding will be hit. Take a leaf out of Hyundai's interiors in the "i"s ranging from Grand i10 to the Elite i20, it always seems uber cool.

3. Handling, somehow, is nice to have.
Old 11th September 2015, 09:26   #303
BHPian

First and foremost, I had clicked the pics in this post from inside my Logan (dashboard visible in the pics).: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3773961

Secondly, looking at the car in person and gathering from the other pics around, the side profile is very close to the Sail hatch with Chevy Beat rear door handles and the rear looks inspired from the Grand i10. With dimensions like these, this is anything but an XUV1OO. This will probably have a fancy name like 'Hatch'o and will compete with the rest of the B1 segment rather than competing with Ecosport which is a much higher car than this 'Hatch'o.

There was news a long time back that M&M was developing 1.2 & 1.6 liter petrol engines and I think a 80-85 BHP 1.2l will do very well in a car of this size for the targeted segment. From what I could hear while driving alongside, it sounded and accelerated like a diesel so we could expect the Quanto's mCR100 Diesel engine or something similar which will give it excellent performance with NVH at par with the old Polo 1.2 TDI.

Overall, looking good for Mahindra. Much more conventional product which will probably be much more acceptable to the overall market when compared with the oddball TUV.
antz.bin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 08:43   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh, where will this end?

Mahindra is most likely to call its mini/micro SUV as KUV1OO
Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 9360
Size:  88.4 KB

Quote:
We do not know what K stands for, maybe Krossover
This micro-SUV from Mahindra is most likely to be called as KUV100, and not CUV100 or XUV100 as the official logo of the company has been made as KUV100.

http://motoroctane.com/news/18538-ma...aked-exclusive

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th September 2015 at 08:45.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 10:43   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Me thinks - K for Kiddo
Kiddo UV 100

sorry for a post that adds little value, but this is getting increasingly insane.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th September 2015 at 12:11. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post.
Old 14th September 2015, 11:44   #306
BHPian

Sorry but i dont see any problem in this. When Hyundai can name i10 i20 ix25 and so on then whats wrong with UV series with a different alphabet?
rahul412 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 15:22   #307
BHPian

I think the naming convention is pretty reasonable.
So, if they introduce, a hypothetical PUV400 - Premium UV, we would know, it would be positioned between TUV300 and XUV500.

Now this KUV100, under the same logic, would be priced below TUV 300 and also proportionally small. Since the hatchback market is crowded with 3 segments (A, B1, B2), I am not sure where this KUV100 would fit in, price wise.
Old 14th September 2015, 15:43   #308
Senior - BHPian

It can look like this, looks very interesting. Surely Mahindra is making some big plans & other players need to worry little now. I guess this design they have taken from Ssanyong.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-mahindras101iabrendering1024x768.jpg  

aniketi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 23:28   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Oh, where will this end?

Attachment 1414531

This micro-SUV from Mahindra is most likely to be called as KUV100, and not CUV100 or XUV100 as the official logo of the company has been made as KUV100.

http://motoroctane.com/news/18538-ma...aked-exclusive

Use whatever alphabet suitable, please spare the xuv however. If indeed it's no longer xuv 100 a sigh of relief.
Old 17th September 2015, 20:08   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
It can look like this, looks very interesting. Surely Mahindra is making some big plans & other players need to worry little now. I guess this design they have taken from Ssanyong.
The render looks pretty accurate. The front looks similar to Ssangyong XLV Air concept revealed at Frankfurt Motor Show.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-ssangyongxlvairconcept011.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2015, 15:01   #311
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar India reports that the S101 will be christened XUV100.

Source: Autocar India

Quote:
Mahindra’s first vehicle with the XUV moniker, the XUV500 is its first monocoque-crossover and the manufacturer is aiming to ride on its popularity and legacy by naming this new compact crossover as the XUV100. Targeted at compact hatchback customers, the XUV100 is likely to get a cab-forward design, where the A-pillar starts just aft of the front wheel arch, which results in more interior room. It gets a longish wheelbase and its overall profile is unmistakably more of a compact crossover than an SUV.

The Mahindra XUV100 will come with an all-new set of 1.2-litre petrol and diesel engines. It will come with a bench-seat arrangement for the front row as the gear lever will positioned in the dashboard, much like the Datsun Go and the Hyundai i10. Just like the TUV300, it will get an AMT transmission as well. Sources tell us that the base XUV100 will be priced around Rs 4 lakh, which will put it right in the middle of the mass-market compact hatchback category.
//M is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 16:07   #312
BHPian

The exterior looks are really nice, and hatchback customer looking for SUVish design would fall for it.
With AMT and a price bracket around 4 lakh, if M&M launches it in time, it could be a real trouble for the upcoming Renault Kwid.
Indian buyers will be willing to bet their money with M&M, than Renault. With their large rural presence, they can even challenge some old horses such as WagonR and the like.
Now, what M&M manages to do, we should wait and see!
Old 22nd September 2015, 16:12   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Mahindra S101 compact SUV will be called as the XUV100, as per Motor Trend's sources.
I saw a test mule on Hosur road today and guess what? I saw the name inside the Headlamps.
I could not take pictures but I saw the name of the vehicle inside the headlamp.
So Looks like the name is going to be XUV1OO after all.

Quote:
KUV might be another upcoming vehicle.

I have tried to draw what I saw using MS paint.
Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-untitled.jpg
The XUV looked like chrome plated or transparent plastic (could not make out for sure) and 1OO was in red
Also the shape I've drawn is roughly how the headlamp cluster appeared to my eyes

Quote:
Oh, where will this end?
There are 26 alphabets in the english language and there must be atleast another 15 alphabets left

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 22nd September 2015 at 16:17.
hemanth.anand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 17:08   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

KUV might be another upcoming vehicle.
Could the KUV be the refreshed Quanto??
Old 5th October 2015, 19:07   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

The Mahindra S101/XUV100 was recently spied in it's production-ready guise running through it's (possibly) last testing stage in the Himalayas by a Motor Octane reader.

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-mahindrakuv100xuv100.jpg

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-mahindrakuv100rear.jpg

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-mahindraxuv100.jpg

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-mahindraxuv100rear.jpg

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-mahindrakuv100.jpg

The most interesting thing of note is - the front grille of the spied S101 test mule resembles the grille of the XUV500!

No wonder then, that the S101 will follow in the footsteps of it's elder sibling in terms of looks when it is eventually uncovered for the masses.

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-mahindraxuv1001570x400.jpg

Quote:
The Mahindra S101 spotted has 185/65/R14 MRF ZVTS tyres, for the lower trim levels. The top-of-the-line version will have 15-inch alloy wheels.

The front grille of the new S101 is clearly visible and it is inspired from the XUV500, so most likely the name of this micro SUV will be XUV100. The front is very similar and even the headlamp design could have some similarities. Mahindra is likely to get daytime running lamps too on the S101 and there is good chance of it being called as the XUV100.

The Mahindra S101 will be powered by a 1.2-litre petrol and diesel engine options. These will be a new range of engines on offer and Mahindra will be offering this micro SUV with AMT (automated manual transmission) as well. The S101 will be launched by the end of this year.
Motor Octane
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks