Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2014, 20:25   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

Honda's Tapukara plant to be inaugurated and test production of the Mobilio might begin by March 1st.

Courtesy IAB Website

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/02/h...ebruary-121153

there is so much expectation similar to the EcoSport, but whether the review will turn out be a 5 star seller or a dampner is a wait and watch game.
Old 21st February 2014, 11:47   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnugs View Post
One important parameter linked to comfort, is the height of the seat with respect to the floor. My observation was that it is too low because it is not a tall car by design so your legs will never rest on the seat. Ertiga is taller than Mobilio so the passengers would get some height advantage in the 3rd row. Btw, I don't own an Ertiga so I have no bias towards either of them.
Thanks, vishnu for the pic and the comments.

I checked videos of the mobilio from indonesia and it seems very true that mobillio's third set seems practically un-usable for adults unless you want to sit in a 'knees-up' position .... This would be far worse than Innova's (not-so-great-seating-position in the) third row.

Check this out at 4:53 and 5:08 (this is from honda's official video)

There is a lot of legroom apparently in the third row - so, you could fancy yourself sitting in an open-leg position (like the guy in the OD video here at 1:42)

Seems a deal breaker for folks who anticipate using a mobilio for 6-7 adults for long drives.
RoadTiger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 11:40   #153
Senior - BHPian

Here is link to IAB's first look review of Mobilio by an Ertiga customer (in Indonesia):

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/02/h...-review-121706

Comments regarding the 3rd row seating:

Quote:
The third row seats is similar to Ertiga, with a bit more room, and is best suited for children.
Old 24th February 2014, 12:54   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Mobilio MPV launch in July 2014, Jazz hatchback coming only in March 2015.

http://www.cartoq.com/honda-mobilio-...in-march-2015/
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 15:58   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Mobilio will have variants similar to the current lineup, -manual for the diesel, and automatic and manual options for the petrol car.

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 22:22   #156
Senior - BHPian

The Comparo on indianautosblog between ertiga and mobilio is disaapointing for the Mobilio.

one interesting point is the user has mentioned that quality is below par. The only place where Mobilio scores is the silent petrol engine and boot space with 3rd row in place. Anyway, Petrol MUVs sell lesser compared to Diesel MUVs in india.

Suddenly, Ertiga appears good VFM and well equipped.
Old 4th March 2014, 10:15   #157
Senior - BHPian

Does anybody has any information on the oil burner Mobilio. One thing is for sure that it will get the 1.5 litre i-DTec, 100ps, 200Nm engine, but whether it will be mated to a 5-speed gearbox as the Amaze or a six speed one as the City.

I personally feel it should be the later, a six speed one because the Mobilio is majorly going to used as a highway family cruiser. Its weight more or less would be in the City's range. Does anyone has any authentic information on this? Also any idea when the prototypes will be ready in India for testing?
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 10:48   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Does anybody has any information on the oil burner Mobilio. One thing is for sure that it will get the 1.5 litre i-DTec, 100ps, 200Nm engine, but whether it will be mated to a 5-speed gearbox as the Amaze or a six speed one as the City...
My guess is it will be the 5 speed manual. Mobilio is more of a budget MUV and it would go with the lower cost version of the box to keep a "competitive" price point with Ertiga.

To be honest, since 3rd row is also speculated to be in line with the Ertiga, I would NOT bother much about Mobilio even at a 50K lesser premium. I would pick up Ertiga for the much better interiors, between the two!
Old 4th March 2014, 18:39   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnugs View Post

Attachment 1207476

Got an opportunity to sit in all the rows in Mobilio. The first two rows are good, the third is actually an eyewash. The problem is the seat is almost just on the floor so your knees are high from the ground and legs never rest in the seat, which is an uncomfortable seating position. Ertiga had definitely much better 3rd row and Innova is in a different league.

Posting a pic of myself in the 3rd row in my friend's Ertiga. I am nearly 6 ft tall.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-20140302_173919.jpg

Underthigh support in the 3rd row is clearly lacking even in the Ertiga, for guys of my height. So the Mobilio seems neither better nor less than the Ertiga in this aspect.

However, since the ladies in our families aren't complaining of lack of underthigh support in the Ertiga, I suppose the same may hold good for the Mobilio as well.

Last edited by mooza : 4th March 2014 at 18:40.
mooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 20:26   #160
BHPian

Note from Support: Post deleted. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further..

Last edited by Eddy : 5th March 2014 at 23:55.
mpescatori is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th March 2014, 23:39   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I would NOT bother much about Mobilio even at a 50K lesser premium. I would pick up Ertiga for the much better interiors, between the two!
LOL - Mobilio is expected to be priced at a 50K premium at the very least over he Ertiga just for the "H" badge..

I agree - Interiors and features like MID, one extra blower at the back, adjustable head rests and cheaper cost of accessories cut the cake for me in favour of Ertiga.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 5th March 2014 at 23:59.
Old 6th March 2014, 09:59   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
LOL - Mobilio is expected to be priced at a 50K premium at the very least over he Ertiga just for the "H" badge..
I doubt Honda would do that. They followed a very conservative approach with Amaze and I expect them to do the same with Mobilio as well - Price it at par.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2014, 23:25   #163
Senior - BHPian

Some pictures of the Mobilio from the website of Harga Honda, authorized Honda dealer in Jakarta, Indonesia.

The Mobilio in this picture sports a different alloy wheel design
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hoda_mobilio_depan.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hoda_mobilio_kanan.jpg

The white one in this picture looks almost like a stretched Jazz
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-honda_mobilio_belakang1.jpg

Mobilio in six different colours
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-warna_hoda_mobilio.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2014, 08:06   #164
Senior - BHPian

^^ Nice catch showing all the colors !

The shade in gold looks good.

What would be your pick, fellow BHPians

The boot space looks promising in this car. The boxy looks of the rear, present in so many MPVs, has been eliminated here with a nice flowing design.
mooza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2014, 13:04   #165
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
One thing is for sure that it will get the 1.5 litre i-DTec, 100ps, 200Nm engine, but whether it will be mated to a 5-speed gearbox as the Amaze or a six speed one as the City.

I personally feel it should be the later, a six speed one because the Mobilio is majorly going to used as a highway family cruiser. Its weight more or less would be in the City's range.
I think it will get the 6-speed gearbox as well, for reasons of weight and extracting the best out of the torque curve at low speeds and power curve at higher speeds.

On the light(er) Amaze, the i-DTEC gets the 5-speed box. But the petrol engine is the Brio's 1.2 i-VTEC and not the 1.5 i-VTEC found on the heavy (relatively speaking) City. So logically, if the Mobilio gets the City's 1.5 i-VTEC, then the diesel motor should be paired with the 6-speed 'box.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed