Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2013, 19:37   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Not sure whether this video is already posted here. The video gives some clear insights about the upcoming MPV from Honda.

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PFwg7t9lGuI

Source:- IAB
Thanks for sharing the video link MaxTorque. I am a bit disappointed with the last row seat. Although it looks like a 50:50 split seat, while showing the extra luggage carrying capacity, they have folded it like bench seat. A 50:50 split foldable seat would have been Mobilio's key usp over the Ertiga, besides the torquey engine. Hope Honda modifies its design, when they launch it here.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 29th October 2013 at 19:38.
Old 30th October 2013, 00:37   #92
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thanks for sharing the video link MaxTorque. I am a bit disappointed with the last row seat. Although it looks like a 50:50 split seat, while showing the extra luggage carrying capacity, they have folded it like bench seat. A 50:50 split foldable seat would have been Mobilio's key usp over the Ertiga, besides the torquey engine. Hope Honda modifies its design, when they launch it here.
I think it is a 50:50 split seat. However, only the seat back has the 50:50 split folding feature, and NOT the seat base. So while one person can sit on one of the last row seats and fold the other seat back down to create extra luggage space, the seat base cannot be flipped forward in this configuration as the sixth passenger has to sit on the non-split base. With only five passengers on board, the entire seat can be flipped forward after folding down both the split seats.

This is of course, not as good as a 50:50 split folding feature for both the seat back and the seat base. But it is a better option than the Ertiga in which even the seat back does not split.

Last edited by RSR : 30th October 2013 at 00:38.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 06:15   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
IMO its front looks weird as a MUV.
Only if it comes with a VGT churning out 120+bhp with ~20kmpl mileage will it actually have something exclusive.
In the view it looks like a compressed Mahindra Xylo. Obviously not the grille.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hope Honda modifies its design, when they launch it here.
Agree. Hope Honda will tweak the design to suit Indian taste. By the way have someone sat in the rear row of Eritga? How good the ventilation there?
Old 30th October 2013, 11:41   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Only if it comes with a VGT churning out 120+bhp with ~20kmpl mileage will it actually have something exclusive. Else, given they already have production constraints, they're neither gonna be able to serve the customers with timely deliveries nor will the spare part distribution be very viable. In these current conditions, recipe for a Flop product IMO.
For a MPV, IMO it is the torque (pulling power) that matters more than the bhp (outright power), cause it has to carry more load/ people than speed on highway like a low slung sedan.

And this what Honda should work on (alongwith improving the NVH of the Earth Dream Diesel) rather than any fancy numbers.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 30th October 2013 at 11:54.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 12:16   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post

For a MPV, IMO it is the torque (pulling power) that matters more than the bhp (outright power), cause it has to carry more load/ people than speed on highway like a low slung sedan.

And this what Honda should work on (alongwith improving the NVH of the Earth Dream Diesel) rather than any fancy numbers.
I didn't realize that. True, when it comes to SUV's or MPV's, diesels are more about the torque than outright bh power.

Secondly, I hope Honda makes crash test results of these models publicly available before launching them.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 30th October 2013 at 12:25.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 12:39   #96
Senior - BHPian

I saw detailed pics of this MPV interiors. The middle row width looks two narrow to seat 3 in comfort(Even less than that of Ertiga) Also did not see an armrest for middle row.

But clearly the 3rd row leg room is looking awesome(better than hatchback rear row leg room)
Old 7th November 2013, 13:28   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Mobilio MPV coming mid-2014

Quote:
The Mobilio’s 2,650mm wheelbase is 245mm longer than even the Amaze’s, which itself has a longer wheelbase than the Brio. This should give the compact MPV plenty of space, especially considering how good Honda is when it comes to interior packaging.
The Mobilio fights back with a longer overall length and a roofline that has also been changed to create a more spacious cabin; the overall height is 105mm taller than the Amaze. This is also partly because of the 20mm increase in ground clearance to a solid 185mm. So cabin space should be pretty impressive.

Honda will be powered by the larger 1,498cc 98.6bhp i-DTEC diesel
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...14-363446.aspx
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 14:19   #98
Senior - BHPian

No questions about the quality or the VFM of the Honda products. However, the million dollar question still remains... How are they going to meet the demand with a capacity of 10-15k units per month?

Honda really has the potential to sell around 20k units per month easily once they launch Mobilio and next gen Jazz/City with diesel mills. Till they increase their capacity to those levels, Maruti can sit back and look at any real threats from Hyundai. There is no point in looking at these as threat to Swift/DZire/Ertiga.

Last edited by zenren : 7th November 2013 at 14:22.
Old 7th November 2013, 14:32   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
However, the million dollar question still remains... How are they going to meet the demand with a capacity of 10-15k units per month?
They have a new plant in Tapukara, Rajasthan with an annual capacity of 120,000 units that will start production early 2014:
http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...ally-11535.htm
Old 7th November 2013, 23:34   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
They have a new plant in Tapukara, Rajasthan with an annual capacity of 120,000 units that will start production early 2014:
http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...ally-11535.htm
I know about the new plant. They are already short of capacity with just a single diesel - Amaze.

Additional capacity of 10k per month that the new factory gives would need to cater to Jazz, City and Mobilio once all three gets launched in 2014 with diesel mills. Once all 3 gets launched, I'm not sure if the additional 10k per month capacity would be enough to meet the demands. Even a 3.5k per month sales from each of these cars would mean that Honda would not be able to meet the demand even with the new factory. I feel they need to start planning ways to increase the capacity beyond that if needed.
Old 8th November 2013, 19:21   #101
BHPian

Honda mobilio has got 5k bookings in Indonesia

They also launched "Prestige" edition with more chrome, different alloys, rear view camera system and a touchscreen unit.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio_p1.jpg
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio_p2.jpg
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio_p3.jpg
skyfire2892 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th November 2013, 17:43   #102
Senior - BHPian

Though the overall dimensions of Mobilio are out, I am still clueless about its fuel tank capacity. Does anyone has an idea what is/would be the fuel tank capacity of the Mobilio? The Amaze with its 35 litres fuel tank seems to be too small for long highway runs. I understand that the excellent fuel efficiency of the Amaze can give it a touring range of 600 to 700 kms on a tankfull, but still I am hoping that the Mobilio comes with at least a 45 litres' capacity tank or more than that.
Old 18th November 2013, 22:37   #103
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Honda has launched the Mobilio in the Indonesian market, a 7 seater MPV. Seems the same is going to be launched in India as well.

News Report: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ga-363446.aspx

Honda Mobilio Introduction Video:

I had almost finalized that i would go for an Ertiga and now this one from Honda. Decision postponed.

Honda must have understood that, pricing is key in the market and the introduction video aptly says that the MPV is Affordably priced.

Lets see what Honda comes up with.
username is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 10:35   #104
BHPian

Source: Twitter

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-untitled.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th November 2013 at 18:37. Reason: Adding clickable source link. Thanks.
sinharishi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 10:55   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Source: Twitter
Thank you for sharing the tweet sinharishi. I guess the media drive is happening somewhere in Indonesia. Somehow I am finding the stance of the Mobilio too low for an MPV. As per the specs published the Mobilio stands at 1610mm tall against the 1685mm of the Ertiga & 1760mm of the Innova.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks