Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2013, 11:00   #106
BHPian

re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

More pics from Twitter:

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-2.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-1.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th November 2013 at 18:28. Reason: Adding clickable link. Thanks.
sinharishi is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 19:03   #107
Team-BHP Support

Honda is getting ready to showcase the Mobilio and the new Jazz at the Delhi Auto Expo in February 2014.

Link to News Article

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio-1.jpg
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-honda-fit.jpg
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 19:59   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post

Honda Mobilio Introduction Video: http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=PFwg7t9lGuI
As always loved the video. Honda's videos are always catchy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

Thank you for sharing the tweet sinharishi. I guess the media drive is happening somewhere in Indonesia. Somehow I am finding the stance of the Mobilio too low for an MPV. As per the specs published the Mobilio stands at 1610mm tall against the 1685mm of the Ertiga & 1760mm of the Innova.
Even amaze is 50mm less tall than dzire. But there is ample of headroom. Given the dated interiors, Honda would have focused much in space, just like amaze.
The only thing odd I find is the engine bay which is quite small for an MPV. But there are a lot of styling effects around(black inserts, reflectors, chrome lines) so that will cover for it.
Also noticed in the video that there is no odd brown color on door panels and dashboard, they are all black. Good move by Honda.
skyfire2892 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 20:53   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks promising from the Video. However this would not be apparently as spacious as the Innova perhaps and would be more of a Ertiga competitor. Weird choice of name though. It sounds very complicated and unattractive.
Old 19th November 2013, 21:48   #110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Looks promising from the Video. However this would not be apparently as spacious as the Innova perhaps and would be more of a Ertiga competitor. Weird choice of name though. It sounds very complicated and unattractive.
Its proportions are closer to Ertiga. It should not be compared to Innova.

Also the new Jazz looks quite a package. With the diesel (I hope the City version of the diesel) I am sure its going to be create some waves in the market.
Old 20th November 2013, 06:23   #111
BHPian

Autocar India has published a review of the vehicle. But they did not drive the vehicle.
Some important points (in comparison with Maruti Ertiga)

- Move to the second row and you’ll appreciate Honda’s ability to liberate space from smaller cabins. Remember that, despite its increased legroom over the Amaze, the Mobilio still falls short of the Ertiga’s wheelbase by a good 100mm. Just like the Ertiga, the Mobilio also offers sliding second row seats and the reasonably long rails result in great flexibility in attaining the desired legroom. However, it really doesn’t feel like this Honda MPV has a 100mm wheelbase deficit over the Ertiga and more than matches the Maruti for passenger space. Then, there’s also a roof-mounted air-conditioning vent to cool the second and third rows and although we couldn’t test its effectiveness, aesthetically, the slightly crudely finished air-flow selector and the overall vent design does look like it’s built to a cost.
-At first glance, it does look a tad bit more capacious than the Ertiga’s boot but we’ll be able to confirm that only after a proper road test.

Read full story here
MaxTorque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 09:52   #112
Senior - BHPian

Nice! Good to see many options in the UV space. Think Indians are going to switch preference from the hatchbacks to UVs in the near future.

I prefer Mobilio' overall design to Brio and Amaze. Though, not very sure about that kink on the window line and C pillar. Waiting to see it in person.

Hope Honda launch it with all black interiors for at least the top variant. They had recently done the same for Brio, but that was the mid variant.

Last edited by deetjohn : 20th November 2013 at 09:53. Reason: Adding text.
Old 20th November 2013, 16:03   #113
Senior - BHPian

Better pics here i guess. Taken in the sunlight and much more clear.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/26080272.cms
Nilesh5417 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 23:00   #114
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see the Mobilio. my dream vehicle is an Innova, and as I am a Salaried class person, the Innova price hikes are much much more than salary and inflation.

Mobilio would give me a chance to enter the Honda club and own a so called :upmarket" brand.

I think the top model would be around 14 OTR Chennai/Mumbai
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 10:05   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Nice to see the Mobilio. my dream vehicle is an Innova, and as I am a Salaried class person, the Innova price hikes are much much more than salary and inflation.
Absolutely . For 14.5 lacs onroad for a G variant of Innova, when it won't be my primary vehicle, it would be the last option I would go for, though I love the Innova as a family vehicle. Getting a used Innova in the desired price bracket is also very difficult.

Quote:
Mobilio would give me a chance to enter the Honda club and own a so called :upmarket" brand.
I too am looking forward to enter the Honda club through the Mobilio, though not as an upmarket brand, but a more reliable brand. For a while I fiddled with the idea of entering the club through the Amaze, but then carrying a family of 6 with their luggage in absolute comfort would have been a far cry with the Amaze, hence dropped it. Moreover I am not a fan of sedans. Hatchbacks, spacebacks, MPVs etc is my cup of tea. These vehicles utilize the space more effectively & give a lot of flexibility. Also a wiper on the rear windshield is a must for me.

Quote:
I think the top model would be around 14 OTR Chennai/Mumbai
14 OTR would be a very optimistic positioning for the Mobilio. A 20-30K premium over the Ertiga for each variant would be spot on. Honda has tasted success with this strategy for the Amaze & they won't do anything drastically different for the Mobilio, is what I feel (fingers crossed)
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 10:57   #116
Team-BHP Support

The station wagon's are back. Ertiga and now Mobilio are more station wagon than MPV's.

I remember in the 1990's there was a Mitsubishi station wagon called "Space Wagon". It was my favourite station wagon at the time because it did not like an estate and at the same time was not as boxy as a mini van.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Chariot
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 11:23   #117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The station wagon's are back. Ertiga and now Mobilio are more station wagon than MPV's.
Indeed! But what will be interesting is to see if any of these will get similar acceptance if they had 5 seats (instead of 7) like normal wagon/estate cars.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 11:47   #118
BHPian

Station Wagons in disguise of MPV. Just add 2 jump seats to the Indigo marina its become MPV.
Old 21st November 2013, 11:50   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Why would you say that vid?

A station wagon is shorter than a MPV. Station wagon is a car body style similar to a sedan, but with an extended rear cargo area.A station wagon is distinguished from a MPV by still being a car, sharing its forward bodywork with other cars in a manufacturer's range.

Whereas a MPV are higher than normal sedans/station wagons and are designed for maximum interior room; they often feature three seat rows and can seat 7 people or more.

Last edited by sinharishi : 21st November 2013 at 11:55.
Old 21st November 2013, 12:10   #120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Why would you say that vid?

A station wagon is shorter than a MPV. Station wagon is a car body style similar to a sedan, but with an extended rear cargo area.A station wagon is distinguished from a MPV by still being a car, sharing its forward bodywork with other cars in a manufacturer's range.

Whereas a MPV are higher than normal sedans/station wagons and are designed for maximum interior room; they often feature three seat rows and can seat 7 people or more.
Aren't the Ertiga and Mobilio exactly that? Ertiga is based on Swift and Mobilio is based on Brio. They are raised estate versions of the sedan/hatch.

Compare them to Xylo, Innova, Evalia, Enjoy and you will realise what I mean.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks