Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2013, 17:30   #16
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Thanks for the pics.
From some angles it looks big and from some angles looks like a hatchback.Interior plastics look cheap.
How would you rate d space inside with regards to a spacious hatch,say jazz or i20?
Also RPM marked till 6500 for the ecoboost.Any thoughts on that?
Old 15th March 2013, 17:32   #17
BHPian

no wonder Ford is going to price it aggressively considering the cheap quality,looks like it has borrowed parts from Tata Nano.I see no point in buying the ecosport as soon as it is launched considering the fact that many customers will point out the poor quality seats and plastics and Ford is known to take note of all failure points once the product is launched and improve it in the new lot,so i don`t mind waiting for a much improved ecosport to be launched in the Indian market,one can see helluva difference between the materials used in Indian ecosport and the European ecosport.
Old 15th March 2013, 17:33   #18

Not meant for tall people , especially if they prefer being seated behind , but I guess Ford had squeezed a lot to not make it overpriced.
But is this going the Mahindra XUV way only taking limited bookings for the time being , as it would only be offered to 100 consumers.
Plastic and seat quality indeed is very poor.
Heard rumors about ESP too , not so sure though.
Old 15th March 2013, 17:34   #19
BHPian

I visited the delhi mall today and had a look at it, uploading the video on youtube, will take about 15 mins.I will rite down my initial thoughts soon.
Old 15th March 2013, 17:36   #20
BHPian

I just get the feeling that this is one of the test mules that has been run ragged over the past few months. Even if of poor quality, seat covers fit tightly and evenly. Even the white marks on various components under the hood seem to suggest that this model has been used a lot. This seems to be the result of a hurried detailing job.

Maybe its just the optimism in me that wishes this car to be great
Old 15th March 2013, 17:38   #21
BHPian

Thanks parrys.

After 200+ pages, we finally have a mini report on Interiors and Exteriors of Ecosport Indian version. From the pics, the quality, the finish seems to be slightly disappointing. Not sure why cost cutting & quality are kept at a distance from each other.

@Parrys - Did anyone took photos after sitting inside the rear seats? Does the rear seat recline?

Overall, i am much eager to take a look during last weekend of this month in Bangalore. My 2006 Fiesta just crossed 98k KMs. A visit to Mantri Mall this month end will decide my plans on next car. keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 15th March 2013, 17:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the great pictures! I was planning to trudge all the way to Goregaon to see the car. Thank God I did not!

I am personally quite disappointed with Ford's attitude especially when it has such a formidable rival in the duster. They should have rolled out the eco sport before end of March. I am sure many would have picked it up. Now we can only get a couple of months before the onset of the monsoon and no point buying a new car then especially in Mumbai.

So i think I am going to stop holding my breath and go ahead with the duster or just another sedan in that price bracket

The interiors also do not look that great in the shots. maybe this is just a mockup. Too bad for Ford though!
Old 15th March 2013, 18:07   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford is missing a trick by delaying the launch of the EcoSport while Renault continues to lop up sales in the segment with its Duster. I think they should have focused on getting ONE variant- the EcoBoost petrol- out first with the diesel engined one to follow. I honestly don't see the sense of an alternative petrol engine in this segment, let alone an AT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
There is a small front armrest! I hope its not useless like the one on Vento/Rapid.
but as a Vento owner, I can testify that the front armrest is very useful indeed.
Old 15th March 2013, 18:15   #24
BHPian

A tad disappointed, though somewhere against my wishes I had expected this kind of cost cutting!
The exterior look totally deceives the buyer of the inner reality

The rear leg room is less no doubt, I wish the designers had learnt a few lessons from the Honda stable about 'Man maximum, machine minimum'. Was the SYNC tried for the voice commands? Does it really understand the Indian influence? Somehow I feel, instead of such features, a bit more effort could have been spent on the interior quality and space designing.

Also, in the photo below, the highlighted portion seems strange to me. The gap and the covering appears shoddy, is it only me?

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-ecosport027.jpg

Overall, satisfied but not exhilarated. I would wait for the TD to understand the dynamics of this car, may be like all other Ford cars, the handling just bowls me over and makes me ignore all these apprehensions
Old 15th March 2013, 18:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

I hope those horrendous seat covers are not part of the standard equipment, and the rear seat back was ill-fitted while putting these seat covers on. I certainly do not wish to see a car from Ford' factory coming out like this.

The gap between the rear parcel tray and the seat also looks very odd. It will neither help the AC nor the FE as well.

Overall, a real shoddy job from Ford knowing the press this display will gather.

But barring the above, I think everything else is as expected. Waiting to catch a glimpse of the EcoSport in person.

Edit: All new Fords seem to suffer from Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde syndrome in our country. In the new Fiesta, it was the front vs. the rear. In the EcoSport, it is exterior vs. interior.

Hope Ford can fix these quality issues before production.

Last edited by deetjohn : 15th March 2013 at 18:30. Reason: Adding text.
Old 15th March 2013, 18:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

What a pathetic job the Ford marketing team has done with showcasing the EcoSport for the first time in front of general public?

Shoddy seat covers, road side seat cover guy could have done a better job and the falling bolts from the boot and the whole thing under the hood looks YUCK!

Big Thumbs down Ford

Whoever was responsible for getting this display car ready or approving this car for display should be fired without any questions. The marketing folks have done enough damage already with the New Fiesta and now with this most awaited product from Ford.
anachronix is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 18:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

Gosh, what a looker from the outside! And what a disappointment inside! This car can turn Ford's fortunes in India IF they read these early feedbacks and improve the interiors immediately.

Tremendous potential this car holds, but will it live up to its promise or be a dud like the Fiesta is solely in Ford's hands. Take note Ford!
Old 15th March 2013, 18:20   #28
BHPian

Hey Guys, I got a call Yesterday from Ford India, informing me that today the Ecospsport will be available for display
at the Select CityWalk, NewDelhi. SO i took some time to go and check it out.I quite liked it, so here are my first impressions in short.

The car looks stunning, it looks big and butch but it actually looks like a sedan on stills.Paint quality and overall quality of the exterior is nice. They Could have given it bigger wheels. It does not look delicate.Good ground clearance, and looks very sporty and offroady.

The interiors are satisfactory.I mean they are not that bad.Plastics look good from a distance but upon closer inspection,it felt slim and was not quite what i was expecting.The two tone colors of the dash give it a very funky look.
Center console is filled with buttons that do many things.Also sports a small screen which i believe is the reverse parking indicator and for music and Sync and other options.

The seats are comfortably,im a huge guy and i was really comfortable at the front.Cant be compared with laura and jetta or other premium suv's but the space is not claustrophobic.Seats are supportive and is made of leather.The rear bench i was not quite sure of it, 3 adults behind will be a bit of squeeze but legroom is good.Check the pics with seat all the way backwards.Under thigh support is not that good and the recline angle is just normal.
It has a good boot space though.You can get a lot of things back there.

I was not sure which model the car on display was, it was having a Titanium badge but some things i found were odd, for example the front doors did not have a keyless entry button go but the back door did.Inside i did not find and start stop button i could make out some small dents and edges near the door rubber tubing.The bumpers also looked a bit weak.
The representatives were clearly not very well informed, they had just mugged up a sheet of paper and were letting it out.

All in all i was quite pleased with the car knowing that it will be much better after launch, this was just a mule,getting abused.I needed a car for short trips and mainly for city driving, comfortable and easy to park and maneuver around tight spots.I thing this could be it.Interiors were better that a 7-8 lakh sedan, more spacious than a small sedan,and looks stunning.This being my first ever write up, please excuse me if i have made any mistake,hope my decisions and opinions are right.

Some more pics from my side.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130315_152208.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130315_152240.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130315_152303.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130315_152346.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130315_152352.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130315_152445.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130315_152500.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130315_152734.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130315_152216.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130315_152406.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130315_152740.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130315_152758.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130315_153320.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130315_153409.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130315_153824.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130315_154342.jpg  

DocRock is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 18:21   #29
BHPian

Thank you for the detailed pictures. It is indeed shocking to see the plastics, the bolts falling off, poor engine compartment, and the surprisingly small leg room in the back seat. Were the front seats pulled to their maximum stretch when this picture was shot?

After the lemon Renault produced in the Duster's interiors, I was really hoping that the Ecosport would be miles ahead, but clearly doesn't seem so

After waiting for 7 months, this is a cropper!

Look at the Renault Captur ( source rushlane), looks like a hybrid of the Duster & the Ecosport, if only Renault could launch this...........

Gizmokid is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 18:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

In two words, very disappointed! It's even more surprising to hear that Ford requires another 3 more months to get this on the road! As suspected, the legroom at the back is severely compromised and that heavily angled backrest is only gonna compound the problem. That raised window sill has "claustrophobic" all over. I already see a lot of blind spots from the driver's seat with those thick dual A-pillars, although I reserve judgment of the same for now. And what's with the engine bay? I'm pinching myself to believe there's an award winning engine down there! If there's a silver lining to this disappointed post, it's got to be the simultaneous launch of the 1.5 TDCi.

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 15th March 2013 at 18:23.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed