Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2013, 13:35   #496
BHPian

Slightly off track but wanted to share a funny comment by a non petrol head friend who saw the car in Bangalore "Dude, saw a new polo in the mall yesterday. Big tyres and also a tyre on the back door".

Couldn't stop laughing at his description! Told him that he needs to get his eyeschecked if he hadn't seen Ford branding all over the place
aajohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 15:35   #497
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
That final picture makes the EcoSport look like a hatchback (almost like an i10)!
In all probability, that pic was shot at least a hundred feet away!
Old 7th April 2013, 01:23   #498
BHPian

Have been waiting for the launch for almost 8 months and was disappointed by the quality of the interiors to say the least. Launch in June and deliveries later would mean almost an year. I have been really looking to upgrade from my i10 and the wait for the launch was getting too much. Pre-booked the Honda Amaze earlier this week. Hope to have the vehicle by early or mid may.
Old 7th April 2013, 02:30   #499
BHPian

Visited a Ford dealer today hoping to TD the Fiesta AT, to try and get a feel of how the Ecosport would handle but alas, was in for some rude news - they have sold all 2012 petrol models and no new models are being produced. The TD car has been taken by the MD! and New Fiesta albeit with a facelift is expected to come only after Ecosport is launched, which itself is in June .

There were only interested in selling the Figo for now, wonder whats happening at Ford.
msmatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2013, 13:39   #500
Distinguished - BHPian

Confirmed from the ford representative at Lulu Mall, Kochi
1) ABS will be available only with titanium + version (surprising)
2) whereas, Airbags will come standard in all versions.
3) Four airbags in titanium plus and two in all other variants.
4) Presently, there's no navigation system in any variant. Ford might consider it in future for titanium plus variants at the time of actual launch.

There are three positions of recline for the rear seats. There was sufficient leg room with a six footer in the front seat.

Vin number of the model displayed at kochi is : MAJAXXMRKAC85096
Model : B515
Colour : mars red
Cat code : 021
1 L ecoboost engine.

I tried to get a glance of the engine bay. But they did not budge
dhanushmenon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th April 2013, 14:05   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Confirmed from the ford representative at Lulu Mall, Kochi
1) ABS will be available only with titanium + version (surprising)
2) whereas, Airbags will come standard in all versions.
3) Four airbags in titanium plus and two in all other variants.
4) Presently, there's no navigation system in any variant. Ford might consider it in future for titanium plus variants at the time of actual launch.
I think the information could be wrong. I just checked the china ford site. It is the reverse. ABS is default in all models. Airbags are different across variants. Read here

http://translate.google.com/translat...tions%2Fsafety
Old 7th April 2013, 14:23   #502
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humveeguy View Post

I think the information could be wrong. I just checked the china ford site. It is the reverse. ABS is default in all models. Airbags are different across variants. Read here

http://translate.google.com/translat...tions%2Fsafety
Even I was surprised. That's why I specifically mentioned that in this thread. I asked him again to re confirm. He was quite sure of it. It was not a local stop gap recruit to cover the event too. He was a direct representative from ford India.
Old 7th April 2013, 15:10   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Is it the same car that is being displayed everywhere? Can somebody check out the VIN and confirm?

This is the VIN of the car displaced in Delhi between 15 to 17 of March, 2013:

Attachment 1069551
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post

Vin number of the model displayed at kochi is : MAJAXXMRKAC85096
Model : B515
Colour : mars red
Cat code : 021
1 L ecoboost engine.

I tried to get a glance of the engine bay. But they did not budge
Seems they are shuttling the same car all over India...
Old 7th April 2013, 15:34   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmatic View Post
Visited a Ford dealer today hoping to TD the Fiesta AT, to try and get a feel of how the Ecosport would handle but alas, was in for some rude news - they have sold all 2012 petrol models and no new models are being produced. The TD car has been taken by the MD! and New Fiesta albeit with a facelift is expected to come only after Ecosport is launched, which itself is in June .

There were only interested in selling the Figo for now, wonder whats happening at Ford.
For the MT petrol Fiesta, only the Titanium Plus variant is available now (spoke to a dealer today). Even for the fiesta classic, there is a 6 week waiting period for petrol as the production has been cut way back.

I guess Ford is gearing up for the EcoSport launch
Old 8th April 2013, 08:08   #505
BHPian

Are they still testing the Ecosport? Spotted a few test mules on my way to coimbatore from chennai on Saturday. They were parked on the highway between Salem and Cbe. Spotted one on the return leg as well near vilupuram.

Expecting to get a feel of it on 14th in EA Mall Chennai.
Old 8th April 2013, 08:40   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
In all probability, that pic was shot at least a hundred feet away!
Yep, should be 100 feet away. The car was in the ground floor. I took the pic from the first floor.

A picture I missed to add in the first post. The 2 positions where I could lock the rear seats.
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130406-11.10.38.jpg

I hope the recline has 3 positions like dhanushmenon mentioned. I could lock it only in these positions and I couldn't experiment much. One has to pull that plastic loop in the picture to move the seat. And people around were not at ease with me fiddling the rear seats for a longer time. The Ford guy told me its only 2 positions but they clearly were not briefed on the car and were struggling with the questions from the public.

Also, the seat covers felt good and were a snug fit with good stitching and the seat back was also fitted properly. Looks like Ford did take note after the first display. But I do hope the EcoSport come with awesome fabric seats like the Figo.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 13:18   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Also, the seat covers felt good and were a snug fit with good stitching and the seat back was also fitted properly. Looks like Ford did take note after the first display. But I do hope the EcoSport come with awesome fabric seats like the Figo.
Seat covers indeed look good in this picture., better than the one i saw in Bangalore. Overall, the reaction from the crowd on this soft launch is kind of mixed at the moment.
Old 8th April 2013, 13:25   #508
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday around 2PM, I am getting onto the NH47 at Kayankulam when a yellow car speeds past in the opposite direction towards Alappuzha.
It was only on seeing the rear (stepney mounted on rear door) that I could confirm it as the EcoSport. It was a fleeting glance, but it indeed looked good.
Old 8th April 2013, 16:02   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post

Seems they are shuttling the same car all over India...
The one dhanushmenon spotted was the same as BLR. They are demoing two cars one for south and one for north India. The vins are different in both the posts.
Old 8th April 2013, 16:10   #510
BHPian

Sorry for being a tease but I sat in the Ecosport (Automatic) version this morning in Chennai on OMR. Two vehicles were parked outside Infosys office. I was driving further past for a meeting but saw them and turned around. I had only a few minutes so made the most of it.

Personally I felt that it is well built and interiors will not offend anyone. Decent legroom in the front and back. Fairly decent luggage space as well.

Got a couple of photos - will be posting them in the evening from home.
sjcherian is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks