Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2013, 18:51   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post
Got a couple of photos - will be posting them in the evening from home.
Since you have had a look in the metal it would be interesting to know your views on the size and road presence (specially for likes of me who own a Scorpio or similar SUV's and witing for a change, and just to add Duster for me was a disappointment in terms of both size and the offering)
Old 8th April 2013, 19:06   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Since you have had a look in the metal it would be interesting to know your views on the size and road presence (specially for likes of me who own a Scorpio or similar SUV's and witing for a change, and just to add Duster for me was a disappointment in terms of both size and the offering)
If I may barge in, if Duster was a disappointment in terms of Size then don't expect the Eco-sport to impress you either. Simply because its smaller than the Duster. However since the eco-sport looks better(subjective) it will have better on-road presence.

What it should impress you in is the offering department !! If Ford does launch the ecosport at the speculated price range of 6-9 lakhs then it offers a lot for its price. Yes the space at the back is not all that great but if you know what to want from a car, it might just click.

However, i do not feel that an Eco-sport can replace a Scorpio.
Old 8th April 2013, 19:12   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
If I may barge in, if Duster was a disappointment in terms of Size then don't expect the Eco-sport to impress you either. Simply because its smaller than the Duster. However since the eco-sport looks better(subjective) it will have better on-road presence.

What it should impress you in is the offering department !! If Ford does launch the ecosport at the speculated price range of 6-9 lakhs then it offers a lot for its price. Yes the space at the back is not all that great but if you know what to want from a car, it might just click.

However, i do not feel that an Eco-sport can replace a Scorpio.
Thanks for the inputs, then i guess it is back to thinking about the XUV5OO or another few months wait for the Korendo
Old 8th April 2013, 19:51   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for being a tease but I sat in the Ecosport (Automatic) version this morning in Chennai on OMR. Two vehicles were parked outside Infosys office. I was driving further past for a meeting but saw them and turned around. I had only a few minutes so made the most of it.

Personally I felt that it is well built and interiors will not offend anyone. Decent legroom in the front and back. Fairly decent luggage space as well.

Got a couple of photos - will be posting them in the evening from home.
Any idea whether it had the 1.0L or the 1.5L engine? OR did you spot a ecoboost badge anywhere?
Old 8th April 2013, 22:47   #515
BHPian

Here are the photos as promised. I had only a few minutes so was totally focused on getting photos I didn't ask any questions on engines etc.

For reference there is my Thar in the background.

I was happy with the looks of the exterior and paint quality, interiors, seating comfort and the boot space. The light green was the automatic.

Another source I talked to today mentioned bookings start in June and delivery by late July/August. Price will be key.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130408_084823.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130408_084855.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130408_084947.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130408_085009.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130408_085014.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130408_085024.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130408_085035.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130408_085114.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130408_085140.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130408_085145.jpg  

sjcherian is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 23:11   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Here are the photos as promised. I had only a few minutes so was totally focused on getting photos I didn't ask any questions on engines etc.
No "ecoboost" badge. So it is the 1.5L. Disappointment.
Old 8th April 2013, 23:15   #517
BHPian

Quote:
It will not have the presence of a Scorpio or Safari or even a Thar ;-). But its definitely a great change from a hatchback or small sedan.
Old 8th April 2013, 23:31   #518
Distinguished - BHPian

Speculative prices indicate Rs 6 lakh for the EcoBoost entry-level variant and Rs 9 lakh for the diesel entry-level variant, according to Car India's April magazine.
Old 8th April 2013, 23:59   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

For reference there is my Thar in the background.

I was happy with the looks of the exterior and paint quality, interiors, seating comfort and the boot space. The light green was the automatic.

Another source I talked to today mentioned bookings start in June and delivery by late July/August. Price will be key.
Beige interiors ?? This is probably the first time this interior combination has been spied in India. Looks a lot better than the dark black interior.
Old 9th April 2013, 03:00   #520
BHPian

Quote:
The picture showing the gear stick shows a button to the right side. That doesn't look like the hill descent control button from the fiesta.

Is it a tiptronic/manual override sort of control?

Also there is no L mode and is replaced with a S mode. Can someone tell the exact difference between these two modes.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-20130408_084947-1.jpg  

Last edited by drpudhi : 9th April 2013 at 03:08.
Old 9th April 2013, 05:00   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
The picture showing the gear stick shows a button to the right side. That doesn't look like the hill descent control button from the fiesta.

Also there is no L mode and is replaced with a S mode. Can someone tell the exact difference between these two modes.
The normal drive mode is usually optimized for economy and comfortable cruising. The S mode usually would hold onto gears higher letting you accelerate faster - "Sports" mode, so to say. In some other applications, the S mode lets u shift gears with paddle shifters, if so equipped.
Old 9th April 2013, 07:27   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the inputs, then i guess it is back to thinking about the XUV5OO or another few months wait for the Korendo
OT: If you have to buy a good car, please look at the fantastic Rexton, good size, beautiful interiors, powerful engine. Slightly expensive, but I think quite worth the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post

Looking at the auto box, seems a basic 4 speed one with no hill assist etc.

Look at the quality of the fit and finish. Especially glovebox, near the gear shift and the boot area where the beige meets black. Looks like a gen1 Indica/Safari, no offense to either owners pls ....

Last edited by benbsb29 : 9th April 2013 at 08:13. Reason: Merging posts. Plz use the Edit button when posting within 30 mins of previous post. Thanks.
Old 9th April 2013, 10:01   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Speculative prices indicate Rs 6 lakh for the EcoBoost entry-level variant and Rs 9 lakh for the diesel entry-level variant, according to Car India's April magazine.
Whooping 3 lakh premium for Diesel ?

Yaaaaawn, I was very eager for this baby SUV, but looks like my interest is shifting towards Honda Amaze. Right amount of excitement building unlike ford who is taking forever to launch this.

Diesel should start at around 7.5L. 9 is way to high (more like a Zxi price)
Old 9th April 2013, 10:04   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
OT: If you have to buy a good car, please look at the fantastic Rexton, good size, beautiful interiors, powerful engine. Slightly expensive, but I think quite worth the money..
I had a look at the Rexton. I liked the vehicle, but since I am a fan of the manual drive, RX7 which is loaded but auto transmission, is out of the equation and I found the RX5 to be bare boned and not VFM at the price it commands.

It would be good for M&M to bring out an interim manual model with the complete trims.

Quote:
It will not have the presence of a Scorpio or Safari or even a Thar ;-). But its definitely a great change from a hatchback or small sedan.
I have had my share of the hatch, and have no desire to go back now
Old 9th April 2013, 10:57   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Looking at the auto box, seems a basic 4 speed one with no hill assist etc.
It is no basic 4 speed autobox as it is an advanced twin clutch gear box with 5 speeds.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks