Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2013, 11:19   #526
M35
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Looking at the auto box, seems a basic 4 speed one with no hill assist etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
It is no basic 4 speed autobox as it is an advanced twin clutch gear box with 5 speeds.
I dodn't see it to be any different from the China specific Ecosport AT which is equipped with a Powershift 6-DCT transmission. Isn't this a 6 speed fuel efficient Automatic transmission?

Please see the pic of the china specific Ecosport AT.
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-fordecosport012.jpg
source:chinaautoweb

Last edited by M35 : 9th April 2013 at 11:39. Reason: Pic source added
Old 9th April 2013, 11:45   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Speculative prices indicate Rs 6 lakh for the EcoBoost entry-level variant and Rs 9 lakh for the diesel entry-level variant, according to Car India's April magazine.
This is going to be a very poor pricing strategy from Ford - if this becomes true. I have been pretty keen on getting an Ecosport, but 9 lakhs for the entry level model (diesel) doesn't sound reasonable at all.
Old 9th April 2013, 11:57   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
I dodn't see it to be any different from the China specific Ecosport AT which is equipped with a Powershift 6-DCT transmission. Isn't this a 6 speed fuel efficient Automatic transmission?
Powershift 6-DCT transmission, yes
Old 9th April 2013, 14:21   #529
BHPian

P-R-N-D-S is just like what we have in Honda City iVtec (ANHC) auto

With S, City has paddle shifts. It does not upshift by itself and you can redline. Does Ecosport have paddle shifts? I wonder how S would work without paddle shifts.

That button is auto transmission lock for P and R. You can't shift in and out of those without pressing that button.

Last edited by echo77 : 9th April 2013 at 14:25.
Old 9th April 2013, 15:01   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo77 View Post
I wonder how S would work without paddle shifts.
S positon in City has 2 modes. In normal S, the gears shift late (but dont redline) and the it limits itself to first 4 gears.
Second mode is when you operate the paddle. Ecosport S mode may work similar to the normal S mode.
Old 9th April 2013, 15:35   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo77 View Post
P-R-N-D-S is just like what we have in Honda City iVtec (ANHC) auto

With S, City has paddle shifts. It does not upshift by itself and you can redline. Does Ecosport have paddle shifts? I wonder how S would work without paddle shifts.

That button is auto transmission lock for P and R. You can't shift in and out of those without pressing that button.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
S positon in City has 2 modes. In normal S, the gears shift late (but dont redline) and the it limits itself to first 4 gears.
Second mode is when you operate the paddle. Ecosport S mode may work similar to the normal S mode.
That button on the right of the gear shift is indeed the tiptronic/manual override button which was absent in the Fiesta AT. You can see the same gear box in the Focus hatch in the below video.

Last edited by drpudhi : 9th April 2013 at 15:40. Reason: Please use http instead of https for youtube. thanks.
drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2013, 20:33   #532
BHPian

It would be 6-speed powershift automatic with + & - on the button on the right side for manual override and a hill assist button on the left; my guess is that S mode will offer torquier drive in each gear but will not hold on the lowest possible gear for a given speed as in L mode.
Beige interiors do look interesting.
Old 10th April 2013, 13:08   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnahelix View Post
It would be 6-speed powershift automatic with + & - on the button on the right side for manual override and a hill assist button on the left; my guess is that S mode will offer torquier drive in each gear but will not hold on the lowest possible gear for a given speed as in L mode.
Beige interiors do look interesting.
I seriously doubt Ford will give paddle shifts in the Ecosport. Are they standard in the new Fiesta Automatic?

I haven't heard of Beige interiors for the Ecosport so far, so maybe, this model was being tested for launch in another country?
Old 10th April 2013, 14:32   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
I seriously doubt Ford will give paddle shifts in the Ecosport. Are they standard in the new Fiesta Automatic?
It is a manual override through +/- selector - this not a paddle shift.
Old 10th April 2013, 14:38   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post

I haven't heard of Beige interiors for the Ecosport so far, so maybe, this model was being tested for launch in another country?
There won't be any paddle shifters. For that matter the new Fiesta didn't even have any sort of manual over ride mode. What he was telling is the + & - buttons on the right side of the gear lever for manual override that is seen in the Ecosport AT.
Old 10th April 2013, 15:36   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
That button on the right of the gear shift is indeed the tiptronic/manual override button which was absent in the Fiesta AT. You can see the same gear box in the Focus hatch in the below video.
This has to be one of the most un-intutive manual override. This cannot work in India as the gear shifter is on the left side and you cant have such precise control to operate the button (while looking at the road) with your left hand (unless you are a left hander)
Old 10th April 2013, 19:31   #537
BHPian

I was waiting to see the Ford Eco-sport in Chennai on April 12/13(right?).I had to travel suddenly and i am returning on 14 only which is a sunday. I hope the Eco-sport is still on display in EA Mall on sunday too considering its a holiday. Does anyone have any more information on it?

I am in Dubai now and after looking at all these huge butch monster SUVs, i think I am going to hate the Ecosport since it is going to look even more smaller in my eyes.

Last edited by urajkumar : 10th April 2013 at 19:35.
Old 11th April 2013, 14:28   #538
BHPian

Now Ford has a big task ahead if they want the ecosport to be a grand success.Look at the launch of Honda amaze,shocking pricing and the quality isn`t compromised anywhere,plus abs ebd is standard across all diesel variants,Now Ford will lose out on a huge set of customers with the delay in launch.
Old 11th April 2013, 14:48   #539
BHPian

Not really. Amaze has huge waiting lists already, Ford can woo us with nice pricing, 6.99 base diesel & we have another winner!
Old 11th April 2013, 16:46   #540
Senior - BHPian

Why are some guys comparing Ecosport with Amaze? Do they belong to same class? Compare Ecosport to Duster and Amaze to Dzire. Please, refrain from mixing up segments. What is the rationale for this comparison? An SUV buyer tired of waiting for Ecosport would buy a Duster. Not Amaze. Similarly, someone tired of waiting for Amaze may go buy a Dzire but not Duster or Ecosport.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed