Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2013, 15:51   #601
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

The thread has become redundant. I mean not because of our discussion but due to delay in the launch. The same car, same specs, same snaps and same discussions being repeated. Ford launch the car soon!

We know everything about the car now, except the launch and price. Earlier, every time I hit F5, I could see new posts and now hardly few posts per day. Ford is also doing stress testing of T-BHP members interested in this car!
MotoNanu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 15:58   #602
BHPian

How many chennai-ites visited EA between 12th-14th of April? Heard ford had put up ecosport in EA.
Old 16th April 2013, 16:02   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
The thread has become redundant. I mean not because of our discussion but due to delay in the launch. The same car, same specs, same snaps and same discussions being repeated. Ford launch the car soon!

We know everything about the car now, except the launch and price. Earlier, every time I hit F5, I could see new posts and now hardly few posts per day. Ford is also doing stress testing of T-BHP members interested in this car!
Rightly said. This thread has become a bore now. No idea why Ford has to wait another month for pricing!! I'm sure they have had enough time to analyze budget impact and now, pricing of the Amaze. This is a golden opportunity to steal Amazes thunder if they would announce quickly. Would also build confidence in their final launch (assuming of course that the price is so good that prospective Amaze buyers split their booking bets with the Ford)
Old 16th April 2013, 17:15   #604
Mik
BHPian

The ecosport discovery campaign ends on 22nd or 23rd june. On a nice note, i came to know that the merit of the pic and the description was taken into account for video interviews rather than number of votes. In chandigarh, guys with 3k + votes didn't make it through. People with good images and barely 30 or 40 votes were called up.
Ford did announce that the winner will be the owner of the first ecosport/first one to drive it. If that be the case, we are 2.5 months away
The thread has more or less served its purpose and after the mall visits of the ecosport are over - it should be locked.
Old 16th April 2013, 17:45   #605
BHPian

Ford EcoSport @ Chennai Express Avenue Mall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
How many chennai-ites visited EA between 12th-14th of April? Heard ford had put up ecosport in EA.
Yes, i did on Sunday (14th April). IMO, a very nicely designed car that will be a head turner. The vehicle on display was the EcoBoost Titanium variant. The hood was kept closed.

The rear door mounted spare wheel had one locking wheel nut (just like the one attached in this post).
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-eco.jpg  

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-locking_wheel_nut.jpg  

rubicon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 18:23   #606
Senior - BHPian

I don't think Ford is really interested in this launch, this will be something of an also ran like the Fiesta. Most people cross shopping in this budget will pick the Amaze because of all the positives of the Honda badge.

The idea that a high tech petrol will get customers is fantasy, a well priced diesel without any safety features(hence lower cost) and some beige interiors will do the job. Ford better not make the same mistake it made with the Fiesta, Safety kits price you out of the market from day one.
Old 16th April 2013, 18:30   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
The idea that a high tech petrol will get customers is fantasy, a well priced diesel without any safety features(hence lower cost) and some beige interiors will do the job. Ford better not make the same mistake it made with the Fiesta, Safety kits price you out of the market from day one.
I won't be amused if that kind of launch happens. I would be looking for a car with ABS+Dual airbags over any other fancy feature. IMHO, these features must be made standard and others should be introduced according to the variant. It is high time that Indian market realizes this.

I am not sure how Ford will launch but I will be a happy customer if they do launch with the safety kit. Amaze diesel is a beautiful example (ABS on all variants), though I would prefer airbags too.
MotoNanu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 22:29   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
The ecosport discovery campaign ends on 22nd or 23rd june. On a nice note, i came to know that the merit of the pic and the description was taken into account for video interviews rather than number of votes. In chandigarh, guys with 3k + votes didn't make it through. People with good images and barely 30 or 40 votes were called up.
Ford did announce that the winner will be the owner of the first ecosport/first one to drive it. If that be the case, we are 2.5 months away
The thread has more or less served its purpose and after the mall visits of the ecosport are over - it should be locked.
Phase 2 of the campaign ends on 3rd June after which Ford will take sometime to announce the winner. Since the stated end date is 22nd June, it seems on this date they will announce the winner of the campaign and by all probability also launch EcoSport. So 2 months to go.
Old 17th April 2013, 08:51   #609
Distinguished - BHPian

I feel that Ford is trying to make good all the glaring shortcomings of the car as pointed out by the visitors, and hence the delay in launch. Its just my wishful thinking and I hope that's what is delaying the launch. They had a suggestion book at the place of display and it seemed that they were serious about taking note of worthy suggestions.

If they could make amends to the shortage of rear bench space and any additional features as per the suggestions by the visitors, we would only stand to gain by this delay
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 11:49   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydave View Post
I'm sure they have had enough time to analyze budget impact and now, pricing of the Amaze.
I think that is exactly why they are delaying the launch. I think the Amaze's good pricing might have made the accountants at for re-look at their sums and now they need time to find ways of pricing it better - but this is just conjecture.

I agree with the views on this page that this thread has gone on long enough with such conjectures and pics/spottings. I'm coming back to this thread after a long time and might not come back to it till its finally launched.

C'mon ford, release it already!
Old 17th April 2013, 17:49   #611
BHPian

I think all black in front looks better than chrome, gives a bit more sporty look

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-fordasean.jpg
Old 17th April 2013, 19:40   #612
BHPian

Had been to a Ford showroom today evening to take delivery of my friend's Figo. Struck a conversation with a guy at the showroom regarding the Ecosport. He was very excited since he had attended training with Ford. Currently showroom personnel training is on and service personnel training will start soon in batches. He also mentioned that Ecosport will arrive at all dealership this month end. It is only for display. No bookings or test drive entertained. Official launch will be in the 2nd week of June.
I asked about expected pricing. He has no idea on pricing. But he expects it to be between 9 and 11.
I dont know how genuine this information is. But he seemed very confident. Please check with your dealers if they give similar information.
zteg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 19:42   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
I feel that Ford is trying to make good all the glaring shortcomings of the car as pointed out by the visitors, and hence the delay in launch. Its just my wishful thinking and I hope that's what is delaying the launch. They had a suggestion book at the place of display and it seemed that they were serious about taking note of worthy suggestions.

If they could make amends to the shortage of rear bench space and any additional features as per the suggestions by the visitors, we would only stand to gain by this delay
Ford may be serious on suggestions, but incorporating changes may not be the reason for launch delay. When OE displays a product (unless concept car) usually it undergo vigorous Type Approval checks and tasting against declared specifications. So if they need to change specs, re-TA to be done, which will take much longer time. So I don’t think Ford will postpone launch like TATA did with Nano Diesel. Rather they may incorporate the suggestions in the next face lift.

Pricing v/s profit margin could be the internal debate point and Honda Amaze thrown a fairly good challenge.
Old 18th April 2013, 10:02   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithpnair View Post
Ford may be serious on suggestions, but incorporating changes may not be the reason for launch delay. When OE displays a product (unless concept car) usually it undergo vigorous Type Approval checks and tasting against declared specifications. So if they need to change specs, re-TA to be done, which will take much longer time. So I don’t think Ford will postpone launch like TATA did with Nano Diesel. Rather they may incorporate the suggestions in the next face lift.

Pricing v/s profit margin could be the internal debate point and Honda Amaze thrown a fairly good challenge.
I dont think making any modifications inside the car will require any re-TA. Like dhanushmenon said, most of the complaints are pertaining to rear seat space in terms of width and legroom. If Ford can manage to modify internal packaging to address this issue, then it will not require any testing.

If they were to do this by making changes to the car body and structure then they will have to undergo re-TA.
Old 18th April 2013, 12:45   #615
BHPian

Mody Ford in Hyd is giving back the per-booked amount. They told they got instructions from Ford India. Ford is planning to have spacial booking team, once it is officially launched...(They are expecting over booking and a possible lottery allotment ).

Now can consider Abrath too (Diesel for India) in June - July

I had per-booked last Aug'12

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th April 2013 at 14:22. Reason: Only 2 smileys per post. Next time infraction
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks