Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2013, 11:33   #781
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
- Ford to take bookings in June, no dates confirmed. Cant get any more painful
Really? I'm finding the updates on features are kinda tiring now. Some concrete news on launch date is what is needed so bad. C'mon Ford, stop trying our patience!
Old 7th May 2013, 11:41   #782
BHPian

Autocar official review from the goa event is up at http://www.autocarindia.com/Review/3...est-drive.aspx

Sad that only the ecoboost engine has been driven.

The Quote says it all "Be in no doubt, the EcoSport sets a new ride and handling benchmark for a car below Rs 10 lakh."

Last edited by sunilg33 : 7th May 2013 at 11:43.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 11:57   #783
BHPian

From the autocar review, the following paragraph makes all the waiting worth it. Yay!

Quote:
Fords are known to be great driver’s cars and the EcoSport more than lives up to this reputation. The steering is just phenomenal. It’s light, yet full of feel and delightfully quick, which makes you want to throw this car around every corner. The brilliant suspension allows you to do just that. Ford has painstakingly tuned the suspension to strike a finely judged balance between ride and handling. The result is a car that feels surefooted at speed on any surface and yet pliant enough isolate you from road shocks. Playing no small role are the 205/60-R16 tyres, which offer superb grip and a cushy secondary ride. Be in no doubt, the EcoSport sets a new ride and handling benchmark for a car below Rs 10 lakh.

On the basis of its looks alone, the EcoSport is set to be a runaway success. This a car that tugs at the heart strings even before you drive it and once you’ve gotten behind the wheel, you’re completely smitten by the way it drives and its easy to overlooks its shortcomings like a slightly below par cabin and small boot.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th May 2013 at 15:35. Reason: Please always provide a source link + use quotes when quoting. Thanks.
Old 7th May 2013, 12:08   #784
Senior - BHPian

Wow, I didn't knew that the top end titanium variant is deliciously loaded, cooled glove box, curtain airbags etc.

As correctly said in the autocar review, ford has alot of price points for this ecosport. Can't wait for the prices to unfold now. Common ford surprise the hell out of market, by placing it aggressively.
Old 7th May 2013, 13:42   #785
BHPian

lets hope that Ford gets its pricing right. This is one of the fiercely competitive segments in the car industry in which Renault Duster and XUV 500 are raking up the sales numbers. one thing i can see is that Ford cars are well built cars and their overall quality is slightly superior to the japanese/korean car makers. I dont know how the sales number will stackup given that almost every car maker is showing decline is sales.
Old 7th May 2013, 13:51   #786
BHPian

I was already amazed to see the ecosport in flesh at inorbit mall , pune last month.

I would expect 10L on road price for ecoboost titanium option and 11L for the diesel titanium option to be a very good price.

Lets hope now the vehicle comes soon. enuf of the reviews , pics ,spy pics, sightings and reports
Old 7th May 2013, 14:03   #787
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for the trend variant (diesel) , seems like a good buy to me. Only, if they price it sensibly. I am eyeing at a figure of 7.5-8 lakhs for the above said variant.

Anything above 10, I doubt it will sell well, because we already have Duster sitting in that price range and is doing good too.

Last edited by GTO : 9th May 2013 at 17:22. Reason: Correcting language errors
Old 7th May 2013, 14:42   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
I am looking for forward for trend variant (diesel) , seems like a good buy to me. Only, if they price it sensibly. I am eyeing at a figure of 7.5-8 lakhs for the above said variant.

Anything above 10, I doubt it will sell well, because we already hav Duster have seating in that price range and is doing good too.
+1 to you.

However, in Brazil EcoSport is priced higher than Duster & is still selling more than Duster
Old 7th May 2013, 14:59   #789
BHPian

Just a few weeks ago, many of us were cribbing about the very same car, after reading reviews from the cars seen in the malls.

Now the Journos comments coming in the way they are, the mood has turned festive again, and all we can think of now is how to get our hands on one of these at dream pricing. Everything seems to be pointing to a blockbuster opening for the new kid on the block, or shall we say the new king of the Indian roads, a.k.a successor to the SWIFT?

How the mood changes!
Gizmokid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 15:15   #790
BHPian

Looks like Ford's marketing department must be in overdrive with journos?? Either ways i still cannot get over the gap between the parcel shelf and the seat, seriously ford!!!
Old 7th May 2013, 15:22   #791
BHPian

First drive tweets from Homazd and SVP are promising.

@hormazdsorabjee
Terrific Ecosport chassis handles like a dream and just begs for more. Can't help feeling that 125P5 just not enough!
Turbo lag is 1-litre Ecoboost's weak point. Feels sluggish below 1800rpm.

@sidpatankar
The 3 cylinder engine isn't noisy. Cabin is well insulated. But revv the motor and u know its a 3 pot!
Old 7th May 2013, 15:25   #792
BHPian

Did anyone notice that the alloy wheel design is different between the model that was showcased in the malls and the one that is used for the media drive and put up by autocar ?
Does that mean we have two designs of alloy wheels, one for the titanium and the other for the Titanium option pack variants ?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-0_0_860_http__i.haymarket.netvert.jpg  

Old 7th May 2013, 15:28   #793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Did anyone notice that the alloy wheel design is different between the model that was showcased in the malls and the one that is used for the media drive and put up by autocar ?
Does that mean we have two designs of alloy wheels, one for the titanium and the other for the Titanium option pack variants ?
Yes, we will be having two types of alloys available in Titanium and Titanium+ trims.

Same is the case in Brazil.

Last edited by bageherath : 7th May 2013 at 15:38.
Old 7th May 2013, 15:33   #794
BHPian

Even the overdrive review is up at http://www.overdrive.in/details/3337...ia-first-drive

They summarize it as "we'd go ahead and call it the best handling SUV in its class"
sunilg33 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 15:33   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Sure looks like it. Although, I think the lower 2 versions may have one design, and both the Titanium's could have a different one?

Also notice that the goa car has GoodYear tyres...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed