Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2013, 15:43   #796
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmokid View Post
Sure looks like it. Although, I think the lower 2 versions may have one design, and both the Titanium's could have a different one?

Also notice that the goa car has GoodYear tyres...
The lower two trims won't be getting the alloys at all and they are expected to be 15 inchers. So, it indeed seems like different alloy designs for titanium and titanium option pack variants.

And also as you've noted, the titanium had MRF's whereas the option pack is having Goodyears. Is there much difference between the two rubbers?
Old 7th May 2013, 15:46   #797
Senior - BHPian

Autocar hints at the price starting at Rs 6.5L for the base variant which goes upto Rs 12L for the top end Titanium with the option pack.
Quote:
With three engines offer and an automatic variant too, Ford has an EcoSport at many price points. The key question is what will the base model start at. Ford wants to really kill the market with the EcoSport and our guess is a starting price of Rs. 6.5 lakh going up to Rs. 12 lakh for the top-end Titanium with the option pack. Get your our cheque books ready!
link http://www.
Old 7th May 2013, 15:47   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramba View Post
Looks like Ford's marketing department must be in overdrive with journos?? Either ways i still cannot get over the gap between the parcel shelf and the seat, seriously ford!!!
The rear seat has 2 or 3 different positioning. On the normal positioning, there is no gap. If the angle is changed straightish, that's when the gaps appears. It's actually not that much of a hassle, as I personally found the inclined angle, in which the gap disappears, is the most comfortable position in any case.

Last edited by Gizmokid : 7th May 2013 at 15:49.
Old 7th May 2013, 15:48   #799
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmokid View Post
Sure looks like it. Although, I think the lower 2 versions may have one design, and both the Titanium's could have a different one?

Also notice that the goa car has GoodYear tyres...
The lower 2 versions get Steel wheels +Wheel covers and that too 15"
So these two alloy designs are for Titanium and Titanium(O)

Yes, the GoodYears will be much better than the MRF ZV2K that we had seen on the display cars in malls.
Old 7th May 2013, 15:50   #800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
+1 to you.

However, in Brazil EcoSport is priced higher than Duster & is still selling more than Duster
Haha, I remember reading ecosport here is 70% localised, so I expect it to be priced lower then Duster.

Ah, the suspense is killing now, everyone of us here love this car, but the only deciding point will be its pricing. Either we will forgot all the shortcomings after hearing the pricing, or we'll start finding some more, to ignore this car, like what happened with the fiesta.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 15:58   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
Even the overdrive review is up at http://www.overdrive.in/details/3337...ia-first-drive

They summarize it as "we'd go ahead and call it the best handling SUV in its class"
There was nothing in the review to cheer about. Almost all the points mentioned are the ones we have been hearing for such a long time!

Waiting for the review on the forum, bring it on soon
Old 7th May 2013, 16:57   #802
Senior - BHPian

The thing i like most about EcoSport is. Black interiors. Big thanks to you Ford !! Finally a new car launch in India with all black interiors

Not sure if i have missed any post, Just wanted to know if we can see a Team-bhp official review for this shortly ? Nothing can beat our own reviews with eye catching pics

Last edited by rajshenoy : 7th May 2013 at 17:03.
Old 7th May 2013, 17:01   #803
BHPian

The wait is seriously killing. Come on Ford, Price it right and let us know that ASAP.

Not sure if the rear end of Ecosport non-alloy'ed variants was shared earlier, Just came across this in Ford's site and so sharing the same to give an idea of how the lower variants will look.

Autocar/Overdrive said 16" wheels were a bit small and 17" could have filled the wheel well well. My question is then how will it look in 15" that the lower variants would come with? Are the wheel covers better looking or like the Fiesta Classic which was

Source of Image
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-ecosport.jpeg  

Last edited by ganesc : 7th May 2013 at 17:05. Reason: added source of image
Old 7th May 2013, 17:19   #804
BHPian

I believe Ford has played all the right notes with the ecosport so far. The last card of prices to be shown has to be a trump. The prices need to be considerably lower than that of duster's other wise (new) fiesta episode re-run I can foresee.
I know it's premature to give any verdict BUT
I have talked to many people discussing, taking advise and so far all have suggested duster considering high long term upkeep of fords. So again initial price of vehicle is a deciding factor.
Moreover I feel that when 70% of the car if localized hence reducing the cost to company, so all savings shouldn't go to ford's account. It has to pass the benefit to costumers.
Well I hope 1-2 weeks more to wait.
Old 7th May 2013, 17:20   #805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
Even the overdrive review is up at http://www.overdrive.in/details/3337...ia-first-drive

They summarize it as "we'd go ahead and call it the best handling SUV in its class"
If you're willing to call it a SUV, that is. The definition of which sadly hasn't been retained over the last decade or so.

Nevertheless, it's going to be an important car for Ford India and hence wishing them all the best.
Old 7th May 2013, 18:09   #806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramba View Post
Looks like Ford's marketing department must be in overdrive with journos?? Either ways i still cannot get over the gap between the parcel shelf and the seat, seriously ford!!!
You are correct, ACI have commented on the interiors as under:

Quote:
While the build and plastic quality of the top half of the two-tone dashboard is decent for this class of car (it seems a small notch above the Fiesta), there are quite a few panel gaps and the lower half of the dashboard feels a little sub-par. It’s not as bad as the Renault Duster, another SUV to get an ‘Indianised’ interior, but it is lacking that quality feel all the same.
But, there are more pluses than just bad interiors, viz the high revving EcoBoost motor, ride quality the stunning exterior, & so on. IMO most buyers will be happy with the fact that the SUV they are riding is better than almost all under Rs.25 Lacs. OK this may be exaggeration, but thos has the capability to become the "Swift" among the SUVs, if priced correctly.
Old 7th May 2013, 19:35   #807

Was drooling over the pics when i noticed this.

Is this an issue with the fit or does it look like someone tried to tamper with the vehicle?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-ecosport8.jpg  

Old 8th May 2013, 08:17   #808
Team-BHP Support

Looks like launch and pricing would come up in mid-June.
Source : NDTV (Ford gave this statement to them)

Last edited by ampere : 8th May 2013 at 08:18.
Old 8th May 2013, 10:21   #809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
The guys from media are taking a drive of EcoSport today as per tweets from SVP and Sorabjee . Is anyone there from TeamBHP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Looks like launch and pricing would come up in mid-June.
Source : NDTV (Ford gave this statement to them)
I'm only glad waiting for the most authentic report among all ->

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
1: GTO is away for the official review of what might just be the launch of the year, the community can do the analysis this month.
Old 8th May 2013, 10:37   #810
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I'm only glad waiting for the most authentic report among all ->
Thats the part of media drive. What I meant was the launch date and pricing details release.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks