Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2013, 23:33   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Okay, So i was a bit apprehensive about ecosport since the day thread started on the forum, Then in between heard about killer launch price for this, so got excited but now after seeing all the pics, Am disappointed.

But still, i may buy this one, if they launch it nearaabout 6L. The seats quality is poor, space is as good as a figo maybe, And those ugly wipers, Who the hell placed it so improperly.

Though, there are good bits to, dashboard design is good and it's black, where all car makers are going all beige, good to see all black dashboard. I guess, even lumbar support is there too. Driver armrest is very useful indeed.

Now, only thing which can make me buy this car is pricing. If they price this one sensibly, it maybe find a way to enter in my garage by next year maybe. But, if ford is not able to do the same at launch, they have another dud ready in their hands. Not to forget many people are already giving up on this, due to delayed launch.

If FORD is listening this, Please price it sensibly and get those damn wipers placed nicely and that gap between parcel tray and rear seats looks hideous.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 16th March 2013, 00:06   #77
Senior - BHPian

Ford has already delayed the launch of Ecosport in India and by long time, doing that they have only lost thousands of customers already i feel, pity them. As far as pricing goes, with ford I am sure they are surely going to overprice Ecosport as they always did with other cars previously, except Figo. I am guessing the price to be on par with Duster. But looks and feels much better than Duster, though it won't be as spacious.
Old 16th March 2013, 00:08   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

The seat covers are another point of concern, hope this is NOT the final product!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
I strongly feel this a very basic demo piece displaying all the features of the car, If you remember the first spy shots of the Ecosport @Mumbai dealer was having seats were with fabric type. I feel they have incorporated the after market seat covers for demo purpose, also if we see the Delhi pics you don't see the rear seat pads, which indicates these are done for just demo purpose.
@swiftnfurious- the seat covers are after market fitment for display, fit and finish wise it is far away when compared to a post production model.

We should not ignore the fact that ford is still testing the Ecosport .
Old 16th March 2013, 00:09   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
...This style of switch (commonly found on European cars) lets you switch on/off parking lights, main beams, and sometimes front/rear foglamps too. Switching between high and low beam is always done from the stalk...
Will those flashing of head lights (while overtaking) also done from the stalks (by pulling towards you) itself? Somehow this type of adjustment is a little confusing to me, having used to non-European cars.

Edit::
Quote:
@swiftnfurious- the seat covers are after market fitment for display, fit and finish wise it is far away when compared to a post production model.

We should not ignore the fact that ford is still testing the Ecosport .
Parrys in the first post says this is a production ready model. And this ain't a test mule. Moreover this is a vehicle which is exhibited to people, supposed to impress them and gather a whole lot of positive feedback; this is NOT the right way to do it. Just watch how it managed to gather negative criticism. Also if this is NOT going to be a part of any of the trims, why would Ford mislead people to believing this could be a part of the package?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 16th March 2013 at 00:14.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2013, 00:38   #80

Re: Ford EcoSport Revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Thank you Parry for the review. My 2 cents- First Ford delays and delays the launch of one car which could have (it still could) revived their sagging fortunes.
They wait for Chidu to put some extra tax on SUV's, see Renault have the cake and eat it too, even our Maruti create a LUV and rake in 7K+ numbers. Now their marketing gurus would be scratching their heads as to how do we differentiate? My only hope is that they do not come up the idea of overpricing the car as they did with Fiesta.
Old 16th March 2013, 00:50   #81
BHPian

Interiors, the backseat cover/flaps, and the shoddy engine bay - reminds me of old Indica quality.

And these are the premium version interiors! I noticed the Titanium badge on one of the pictures. Does this mean the base and intermediate versions will be even worse?

Is Ford targeting figo+ pricing for this? It certainly seems to have no more room inside. And base version has a 1 liter ecoboost engine. Now, I've read Ford's literature on the ecoboost engines, and they do seem to work well.

But, is Ford risking getting it slotted as a cheap souped-up hatchback with fancy aggressive exterior styling to help sell it?
Equally cheap pricing will sell it, but any aspirational value will wear off very quickly if Ford does not deliver on quality- killing the model.
Old 16th March 2013, 00:58   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Parrys in the first post says this is a production ready model. And this ain't a test mule. Moreover this is a vehicle which is exhibited to people, supposed to impress them and gather a whole lot of positive feedback; this is NOT the right way to do it. Just watch how it managed to gather negative criticism. Also if this is NOT going to be a part of any of the trims, why would Ford mislead people to believing this could be a part of the package?
If you watch carefully rear seat of Mumbai display model and Delhi one differ.

Mumbai one have padding protection and where has Delhi one doesn't.

@Delhi
http://indianautosblog.com/wp-conten...cosport-35.jpg

@Mumbai
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...cosport034.jpg

Refer my previous post:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ide-out-4.html

Last edited by Vid6639 : 16th March 2013 at 09:22. Reason: removing IMG tags for external pictures
bageherath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2013, 02:13   #83
BHPian

Not sure if the actual product will be 100% same.

The upholstery work (especially on the arm rest) looks 3rd rate, I do not think Ford would roll out the car from showroom actually with this quality of work.

I will wait for the official review on team-BHP or/and if possible take a test -drive. (OT: I have not succeeded in getting a TD of Renault Duster).

The only grouse I have that it might have difficulty seating 5 adults. Personally for me, then there is no point in going for this. Amaze, facelifted Etios or Sail sedan makes more practical sense (among the new cars).
Old 16th March 2013, 05:33   #84
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the detailed pics Parrys!

This one is the most eagerly awaited car of recent times. It does look fab. The interior quality may or may not be a let-down, too early to say. But, if you ask me, that's not going to be a deal-breaker for many. Duster is a good example.

Pricing would be key and hopefully Ford India would have learnt that the hard way after giving proper burial to the latest Fiesta recently. The Figo was priced well and was a good overall package. In my opinion, even the EcoSport would be priced sensibly. If that happens, this is a car that is a strong contender for being Car Of The Year-2013!

XUV5OO in 2011, Duster in 2012 and EcoSport in 2013! Looks like SUVs would rule this decade.

Last edited by SDP : 16th March 2013 at 05:46.
Old 16th March 2013, 07:22   #85
BHPian

Quote:

Will those flashing of head lights (while overtaking) also done from the stalks (by pulling towards you) itself? Somehow this type of adjustment is a little confusing to me, having used to non-European cars.
Swift,

That's how it is in my fusion. I have this rotary knob on the dash for turning on parking lamps, head lamps & fog lamps. Whereas switching between high and low beams as well as flashing lights are on the left side stalk on the steering column which also has the controls for the indicators.

I see no reason why ford would change this.

Naut
Old 16th March 2013, 07:32   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

I have great hopes from the EcoBoost engine, but the interior looks pretty disappointing. I will hold on to my Tucson even more fondly now.
Old 16th March 2013, 07:41   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If you watch carefully rear seat of Mumbai display model and Delhi one differ.

Mumbai one have padding protection and where has Delhi one doesn't.

@Delhi

@Mumbai
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...cosport034.jpg

Refer my previous post:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ide-out-4.html
Cool, Delhi one looks quite good. Ford should have taken care of such things though, especially this is one car probably the whole of India is looking forward to.

Looks like the rear parcel tray is retractable too; that's a nice touch. I was thinking how will I place a tall strolley in that boot to optimize space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naut View Post
...I see no reason why ford would change this...
Thanks. I was trying to find is it the norm in all European cars?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 16th March 2013 at 07:42.
Old 16th March 2013, 07:46   #88
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
I have great hopes from the EcoBoost engine, but the interior looks pretty disappointing. I will hold on to my Tucson even more fondly now.
Anand, what is your requirement? Not able to understand why would one consider switching from a Tuscon to a EcoSport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
The rear hatch opens towards the left! Isn't that just a lift from Left Hand drive market? as the loading will be from left side for a right hand drive market such as India - Cost cutting.
Very good observation ganesc! When parked on the correct (i.e. left) side of the road by the side of a footpath, the hatch door would hinder loading/unloading luggage.

Last edited by SDP : 16th March 2013 at 07:50.
Old 16th March 2013, 07:57   #89
BHPian

First of all thanks Parrys for the pics and your views. I am of the same opinion with you for most of your comments. Eco is a car which India is waiting anxiously for and therefore the level of expectation is very high. Plastic quality looks very ordinary.. and from my first look the premiumness seems to be missing. Moreover the design of the left and right OVRM reminds me of the Ford Ikon's which used to break a lot. Most of the left and right OVRMs of Ikon was seen broken and hanging. Rear legspace seems to be less than what I expected and same for the boot space. These were some of my initial observation and something which might generally come to anyone's mind when looking a new launch, i guess. I think the diesel one will be the more popular one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
Thanks for the detailed photos.

The rear hatch opens towards the left! Isn't that just a lift from Left Hand drive market? as the loading will be from left side for a right hand drive market such as India - Cost cutting.

Cost cutting is definately on the cards and with most car manufacturing companies where they just bring units from abroad and put the same in the Indian version. For example the steering unit where we find the turn indicator switch on the left hand side for may manufacturers like Ford, Renault etc.. Even more hilareous is the explanation thay give for this change from the stereotype design is manuacturers wants the drivers to always keep their hands on steering (which is ofcourse a true requirement) and hence the switches are inverted. God only know how they justify this logic.. This is one of the comments which I received when I went for test driving a vento..

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 16th March 2013 at 11:01.
Old 16th March 2013, 08:26   #90
Senior - BHPian

Looks good in pictures.
Pricing will be the key for its success and I don't think it is possible to price even the base version around 5L,my prediction is that it will be priced in 7-10L bracket.Also what's the fuss for Microsoft sync??,Fiat's have the blue and me since 4 years now.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed