Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2013, 08:27   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Anand, what is your requirement? Not able to understand why would one consider switching from a Tuscon to a EcoSport.
Well...I read good things about the engine, it's efficiency, drivability, Ford's reputation for handling, so was waiting for the details for quite some time. The Tucson may not exceed in all those areas (though may not lack by much either), it certainly does on the interior and utility - that's my immediate reaction. For a person who is not necessarily looking for a change, EcoSport does not look compelling - from the pictures. Duster did!!!

Last edited by anandpadhye : 16th March 2013 at 08:29.
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2013, 08:45   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Cool, Delhi one looks quite good. Ford should have taken care of such things though, especially this is one car probably the whole of India is looking forward to.

Looks like the rear parcel tray is retractable too; that's a nice touch. I was thinking how will I place a tall strolley in that boot to optimize space.

Thanks. I was trying to find is it the norm in all European cars?
Oh ok!

I have seen similar setup in other Fords, Polo & Vento ( Rapid also for obvious reasons). Extrapolating from there, it should be perhaps be common. Pardon me for the small sample set that I basing my opinion on .
naut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2013, 08:50   #93
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the interior shots as many of you have already pointed that the plastics and upholstery don’t look great. But I think these cars are pre-production version and Ford might be taking market feedback before going into final production.

Overall a very attractive package , let’s wait for the final price tag. If Ford manages to do a Figo like pricing strategy then I definitely think Fords has a great future.
Old 16th March 2013, 08:58   #94
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

Overall, Im very unhappy on seeing the interiors, Ford waited this much time to produce such a cheap quality product! Why is there no full black dashboard. The instrumental panel is not at all contemporary when one can get a 10 inch DVD system for 20,000 Rs in the market from leading brands. For adding a rear view camera/GPS, again I have to install another screen. There is no DVD/DivX/multichannel playback. Wll Sync feature work with any brand of mobile ? Hyundai Eon is far ahead than this one when interior refinements are compared.

Can some one confirm this: Do the REAR seats have recline adjustment? In the Ford videos of Brazil, it showed a 3 step adjustment for the same.

HG

Last edited by GTO : 16th March 2013 at 11:13. Reason: Typos
humveeguy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th March 2013, 09:00   #95
BANNED

This is one hot thread for Sure!!

My bad, I just got on a train back from New Delhi Yesterday :P Missed the EcoSport Display!! But I will catch it on Ludhiana on 5-7 April in and try to get info in true-bhpian style!

What Clicks for me right now:
-The Exterior (OMG , this car looks good)
-The Ground Clearance and Fording capability for the lesser Roads
-The Interior Design
-The Compact Size
-That great Wheel at the back

What is expected to click..
-Great EcoBoost Engine under the hood
-Good FE with good responsiveness and power
-Trademark Ford Ride and Handling giving it Fun to Drive character
-The Pricing

What doesn't work for me...
-The Interior quality (from what I have seen on the Net yet)

But coming to the Interior quality, I would like ask those who have actually seen the car in Flesh, how would you compare it to XUV and Duster(both of which have been given stick for interior quality). I am sure it can't be worse than those two. IF not, it wont cause much of a problem for anybody.

Also coming to equipment levels, if this is a top-end car on Display, which is expected to come with curtain Airbags, doesn't have the "AIRBAG" sign on the B-pillar like most cars do? This makes me believe we are only gonna get the run-of-the-mill safety features(i.e. Dual Airbags+ ABS). I expected better from Ford.
Old 16th March 2013, 09:58   #96
BHPian

after going through the pics, it feels that apart from tailgate mounted stepney(which gives suv looks), it has very little to offer more than my fusion technically.
Ok safety features are more and the engine is wee bit more potent but the interior space is in the same league and the interior part quality seems to be one step behind my ford fusion.
And today i am contemplating to change my fusion only because of one reason 'ford spare part prices' which give me nightmares though my fusion is dream to drive even @ 1 lac km.
Renault is asking too much for its duster(poor interiors and unknown renault aftersale).
So with my budget, i am left only with Quanto to make my Ladakh and Lahaul Spiti dream feasible.
So much for the competition and so much for the options left for me poor guy.

Last edited by Dr.Abhi : 16th March 2013 at 10:02. Reason: few glitches
Old 16th March 2013, 10:11   #97
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Parry,

No Diesel Auto? Sad - then there is nothing really over the Renault- maybe price but it is smaller.

Arm Rests for front passengers will be too short to support, medium and large sized People Arms.

Plastic Quality is too average.

Seat Covers make a car look good or bad on the inside. Better fitting and better quality pseudo leather could have been used. The first thing that people will do now is get a change of inside clothes.

Rear seats leg room is small as also the windows angle upward a bit too much like in the beat and the swift - can make one feel claustrophobic.

The Paint Finish looks good. Engine Bay cover missing is not really nice.

The exterior look is very good, A bit of metal or plastic to cover and protect the underbelly would have been good.

Interior where one spends all the time is not really that nice - expecially at the rear.

Front Electric Socket and Aux port location is good.

The Steering seems to miss a few buttons - Odd to see them all on the LHS part of the steering instead of RHS.

Unless pricing is radical Duster may not be too affected by those looking for practicality. This may be a bigger hit with the younger age group vs the Renault being a hit across the board. Just my view and gut feel no logical reasons to offer.
Old 16th March 2013, 10:43   #98
BANNED

For those who are missing the engine cover, Keep in mind that EcoBoost engine is all about efficiency and performance. No engine cover is a good weight saving technique!!

and frankly what difference does it make if there is no engine cover, its only plastic overall!!
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2013, 10:45   #99
Senior - BHPian

Heyy Guys!! Take a break. In all probability this car is 2012 manufactured one, so does the VIN say.

Most of the extensive testing happened only post 2012 which still gives us the hope that post production consumer units will have overall better fit and finish.

Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-vin.png

Link to VIN Decoder thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post2249672
Warwithwheels is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th March 2013, 10:59   #100
BANNED

The schedule for the EcoSport display Nationwide. It saved me a call to the local Ford dealer..
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport revealed with PICTURES : Inside & Out!-timetable1.jpg  

agambhandari is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th March 2013, 11:09   #101
BHPian

From the pictures it looks really nice compare to Duster.
Even the interior looks great compare to Duster, front seats are well shaped and bolstered.
I hope the ride and handling will also be better than the Duster as it is Ford!!
One special need for urban driving is feather touch cluch, if it is there in EcoSport, Ford will be having another winner in his stable after Figo, and it will surely outsales the Duster.
Ford should keep the price tag just right(with keep in mind of market dud Fiesta) and should be launch as early as possible to give the stiff competition to Duster.
Old 16th March 2013, 11:19   #102
BHPian

So finally it is here. The images seem good, and I for once do not agree with others on the interiors bit.

Let us keep in mind that this will be a budget SUV, for people who cannot buy the Yeti/ X1/ Even Storme. Hence, some differences in quality are/ should be acceptable. That said, this looks to be a pre-production model, and some niggles can be taken care of. Also, most of the people I know outside of Team BHP do not even know/ care about stuff like under thigh support, 5th person space/ floor hump etc. Even in our community, we have people who buy Tata/ Etios/ Duster etc despite known niggles (Tata) and bad interiors (Etios/ Duster etc). Heck, I drive an Esteem with a basic dash setup. It all boils down to practicality- usage, price, fuel efficiency etc.

We should keep in mind that the target customer for this will be someone who is upgrading from a hatch- compare the quality of Wagon R, Liva, Santro etc to this and its sure a step up.

Ford needs to get the pricing bit right on this, for it to fly off the shelves.

Cheers,
Tapish
Old 16th March 2013, 11:59   #103
BHPian

Guys,

One of my friend is confused is confused between Bolero ZLX and Ford Ecosport. What will you guys to suggest him as he is mainly looking for mean looks, mainly on roader and at times off roading too, reliability, and a bit of confort too....

What do you folks suggest!

HP
Old 16th March 2013, 13:28   #104

Great preview with pictures. I love the design, specially the rear with the spare wheel attached. The defining point will be the price but i feel this one will sell, never the less.
Old 16th March 2013, 13:59   #105
BHPian

From the pics the seats look a bit lower, hope they have seat height adjust. Yes the interiors don't feel upmarket, but on the other side Ford has managed to cut costs as much as they can, indicating a good competitive launch price.

In hindsight I think Ford should have launched 2 versions one sub-4m with cost cutting to take on the hatches and entry level sedan segment, and one a Euro spec top end with premium pricing and probably greater than 4m, to take on the Duster and sedans.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed