Team-BHP - Chevrolet Optra estate
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Chevrolet Optra estate (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/13401-chevrolet-optra-estate.html)

guys on my way to the college i spotted a white chevrolet optra estate version doing rounds on the greater noida expressway.wasnt disguised at all .now im wondering since it might be undergoing real world testing,it would be launched this year.but GM had planned to launch the aveo,aveo uva,optra srv.when did the estate version come into the picture.i couldnt take any pics as i was too excited seeing it that i forgot to click any snaps.will do so the next time i spot it.i do recall reading in some mag about the nubira estate being launched in some motor show abroad.didnt think gm wud be bring it here so soon.
the estate version has lost the beauty which is characteristic of the optra sedan.no more beautifully sculpted taillamps.to think of it,the rear looks a lot like the fiat adventure.wasnt attractive at all.

p.s.:mods please move the thread in the appropriate section if necessary.thanks.

Check out the pix of the same in Autocar or so

Guys ..Today while coming from sector 18 market i saw this "OPTRA ESTATE" here are some pix ...

Looks Butt ugly i think ... :eek:

Cheers

EDIT : PS : in the last pic u can see some "Testing Equipment" inside the car on the dashboard

CONGRATULATIONS CHEVROLET!!!!
You have just succedeed in making an ugly car EVEN UGLIER!!
WAY TO GO!!!

Man, they managed to make it look like a Tata Estate from behind. Hope they don't make the mistake of releasing it here. Even good station wagons don't do well in our market.

:Shockked: It is too back heavy. Marina looks far better than this.
Guys what has happened to car manufacturers, suddenly they are getting into project uglification. Certainly new hitech design doesnot neccesarily has to be wierd.

That's a bad looking back. it doesn't gel with the car- make it look too wide. i don't think they will have much success with this model in india.

How come none of you noticed the wheels? Pretty ugly too!

However, I am impressed by the size, a little like Innova ;)

hawrie, those wheels are temporary jobs just for use on test mules. Obviously the normal car wont have them!!!

Yes, the back is a bit heavy looking. But it isnt ugly.

I liked the look overall..perhaps we can do with more estates in the market !

it might look different live. Esp in a diff colour, better wheels. The diesel might make sense, the petrol will just guzzle fuel like crazy with the added weight and given its intended audience, probably payload.

This should be in the "spy pics" thread, that way we have all the spy pics in one thread!!!

Somhow I dont find it much ugly, looks decent if not great

Nice pics aza...........

yup aza u got it spot on.....dis is the same car....n u used the word i was looking for "BUTT UGLY"......i just hope gm doesnt bring down the brand image of the optra by launching this ugly thing on wheels.
even the octavia combi looks decent but how many can u spot on the road....none.
GM is making a big mistake.