Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2013, 10:20   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti launches limited edition Swift - Swift Star

They could have added good/different alloys, paint schemes, leather interiors, projector lamps to make it a celebration edition! Or something as interesting as a tweak in power output by performing tricks in the ECU mapping or by adding a VGT! I know I am asking too much
Old 23rd March 2013, 12:16   #17
BHPian

Would the waiting period apply for this edition of Swift as well? Or could we expect a quicker delivery compared to the other variants that usually consume a little time?
Old 23rd March 2013, 15:05   #18
BHPian

Adding to this, Maruti also has launched a special edition EECo with the same updates. Seems like a bulk deal with a Head Unit/ Seat covers/ Mats supplier, who gave awesome discounts to clear stocks.

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/337...-launched.aspx
Tapish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2013, 15:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

The Swift was available off the shelf recently and the anticipated decline in demand would probably have made Maruti launch this special edition Star like other Indian car manufacturers.
These could be antics by manufacturers and could be a harbinger of a real price war that is waiting to happen.
Old 23rd March 2013, 19:57   #20
BHPian

I saw an ad for Swift for the first time ever today. Is it really the first time or were there ads previously? Anyway looks like market is good from buyers perspective
Old 25th March 2013, 17:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
I saw an ad for Swift for the first time ever today. Is it really the first time or were there ads previously?
There have been ads for swift earlier too. One I liked the most was a TV ad where a person crosses a empty road extremely cautiously and quickly to avoid being hit by a Swift.

Coming back to topic, the so called 'creative team' in MSIL shall be made temporary staff as they are taking there jobs for granted. I mean people in MSIL are continuously bringing out such completely useless 'limited editions' and there is nobody questioning them. Somebody must tell these guys the real meaning of 'Limited Edition'.

Few years ago they came up with a black swift with 'out-of-place' golden graphics and now this. I hate MSIL for doing this again and again.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 14:08   #22
BHPian

A limited edition should be really tempting and it should stand above the rest. That is the only way of adding value to the product. Mere decals and accessories would not do the job today as competition is tough in the market.

My wish list in a limited edition would be some of these:

A sunroof
Better state of engine tune
Rain or Light Sensors
Cruise Control
Old 26th March 2013, 14:12   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Few years ago they came up with a black swift with 'out-of-place' golden graphics and now this. I hate MSIL for doing this again and again.

I agree man. There's this guy in my society who own's the same swift. Black with golden graphics (the goldsmith black edition). every sunday i see him helplessly look at his car wondering why he bought that one. and to top it off the beige / golden interiors looks like mud and dirt interiors now.

honestly i would have really liked it if MSIL would have launched the limited edition Swift LXi with ABS. That would have got a lot of people like me interested. apart from that i dont see a lot of guys skipping their breakfast and lining up at the MSIL dealer.
Old 26th March 2013, 16:01   #24
BHPian

Both Maruti and us are sounding like a broken record. The former selling their otherwise unsaleable accessories , that too at a premium in the guise of limited edition with every car of theirs and the latter as usual getting annoyed (rightly so) and venting their frustration on this forum.

Every accessory on this limited edition is easily available in a neighborhood store at a lesser price. There is simply no exclusivity offered for a customer to sign up for this.

It does take a Maruti to totally water down the aura of a 'Limited Edition', which by definition should be a prized possession of a privileged lot. Or, who could think of a limited edition omni with an extremely innovative feature called 'left side rear view mirror'?
veyron_head is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 16:18   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
It does take a Maruti to totally water down the aura of a 'Limited Edition', which by definition should be a prized possession of a privileged lot. Or, who could think of a limited edition omni with an extremely innovative feature called 'left side rear view mirror'?
Ha Ha Ha I agree man. i guss the only limited edition truly worth the tag that i have seen on indian roads was the Fiat Palio S10. Now that was really a real limited edition. Sachin to endorse, the cars were numbered, a fantastic list of upgrades and a Superb paint job. Havent seen anything like that ever.
Old 27th March 2013, 17:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

Guys let us all stop speculating that Swift is having a bad time in the market. Another 6 days and we will surely have our most awaited report on Car Sales for the month of March to be published by GTO accompanied with those excel work by Parrys.

Personally i have always been let down by Swift calling their limited editions. Wish they bought out a 1.6 Liter VVT Engine and simultaneously launch the 90 BHP Diesel Engine. With some hardened suspension they both should sell well. A 2 door option with the above mentioned engines will be a treat.
Old 27th March 2013, 22:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

The Swift is doing pretty well but I think the hatchbacks of today are coming closer everyday to evolving into the hot hatch we all desire. With MUVs, mini SUVs and basic three-box-sedans becoming much more affordable, the "premium" hatchbacks of our country need a little more. The Italians have always know it and that is why we have the 90hp Punto heavy as it may be. Now we even have Volkswagen trying to get an early leg up in the game however small a 1.2tsi motor sounds, it produces some relatively large results that would undoubtedly make it a hot hatch. Suzuki is and always has been doing well in our country but these days they seem to be lacking any ambition or enthusiasm these limited editions they bring out every month are just an embarassment. Kudos to Fiat for the brilliant 1.3 multijet but honestly, I've had enough of it. Either bring the swift sport here or start by atleast plonking in a VGT!! Is it too much to ask?

Last edited by IshaanIan : 27th March 2013 at 22:41.
Old 28th March 2013, 17:19   #28
BHPian

The recent figo celebration edition is a reminder of this swift fiasco. lol. Plain accessories and an ugly vinyl @23k price

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks